Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Darke GBF posted:

City of Fear is a red herring. Conroy is voicing old man Bruce for Beyond Arkham.

A man can dream...

Don't even say that! No one should get my hopes up like that!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Narcissus1916 posted:

The only real disappointment was the utterly lame placement of Catwoman's Riddler Trophies which were almost always just laying around like day-old baguettes.

Catwoman was in my opinion hands down the worst part of Arkham City. Playing as her wasn't as fun as batman. All her story stuff was pointless and I'm sad that all pc copies had her cause I would have prefered the game with out those parts.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Shouldn't deathstroke have swords and guns? Why is he bonking everyone with a staff anyway?

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

If there's going to be any batman worth getting day 1 it's going to be the 3ds version.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Hakkesshu posted:

That's a mighty big assumption for a game that doesn't look good at all.

Are you crazy? It looks great. I think you might be confusing it with the bland looking vita version.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

BreakAtmo posted:

They are, and the Vita version will almost certainly look substantially better unless they made the game for the 3DS and the Vita version is just a lazy hack-job that looks the same but runs in 544p.

This is the case.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Plus most games now a days are day one embargo because launch day patches give them more time to fix problems. Publishers don't want reviews of prepatched games.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

No but in all but the most high profile games reviews don't go up the second the embargo is up. Which for a lost of cases is post launch patch which allows for problems to be accounted for. It's an overly complicated and stupid system.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

I wasn't too sure how much I'd like retreading Arkham City or how well they would do an early Batman but I gotta say they did an amazing job of it. There's so many little things that show how Batman is super capable but not as experienced as he will be in the later games. It's fun seeing him go too far in interrogations and watching the bad guys completely underestimate what he can do. As long as you ignore some of the gameplay features that really shouldn't exist this early in Batman's arsenal but still do it captures that atmosphere fantastically. I will straight up admit I wouldn't want to play with out the grapple boost, advanced gadgets, and stuff so I don't think it's a big deal that he just starts with some of these gizmos that he had to find in Asylum and City.

Honestly my only complaint would be that some buildings don't have as much care as they did in AC. It's nothing major but little stuff like not being able to jump upto certain ledges and the grapple sometimes picking strange targets. Aside from one spot where I couldn't walk up a half foot ledge it's not been anything major.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

So for the random crimes that are big brawls should I not punch out the cops too? Did I miss something cause I don't seem to get a good grade when I run away after all the criminals are down but that seems odd that I should be running around punching cops trying to stop crimes.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

raditts posted:

I dunno, but I think you're safe to keep punching people in the face until it does the slowmo shot signifying the end of the battle. I have yet to see cops in the fights but I'm not that far in yet.

Oh nah I'm super early in. I haven't even done the get the cards to find the penguin part that's like the second mission. I'm just having fun flying around punching Enigma's dudes and wasn't sure if I just missed something about all the cops being corrupt or something. I suppose I'll just assume they are also criminals and punch them too.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

ThermoPhysical posted:

I cannot wait for this game. :( I feel stupid for getting it from Amazon and doing free shipping. Ah well. Halloween will be the best Halloween ever.

So is the general goon-consensus that it's better than City in terms of gliding and has a better story than Asylum?

I'm not super far into the story so I can't comment on it. Asylum had a real good story that kind of was lame at the end so who knows. The gameplay sure is fantastic though. The combat feels a bit slower but that's not really bad because everything is way more aggressive.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Dr. Video Games 0029 posted:

I am terrible at videogames and would like help.

The Deathstroke boss fight: What's the trick to beating him? Am I just supposed to keep countering him, or is there a sequence of moves I'm supposed to be puzzling out? I'm not having a lot of fun just circling him and countering and trying to hit him and getting pushed back and etc etc etc

If the explanation is THE BAT IS OUT OF HIS ELEMENT AND IT TOTALLY MAKES SENSE THIS IS A HARD BOSS FIGHT then that's loving stupid and not fun.

Quickfire Grapple Claw.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Yikes, a 6/10 from GameSpot:

http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/batman-arkham-origins-review/1900-6415506/

The reviewer gives it that score because it's exactly the same game as Asylum and City, which it pretty much is, but it's still fun enough.
Considering gamespot's attitude towards reviews lately with Bioshock Infinite being the worst game of the year and Beyond Two Souls being absolutely perfect with no flaws at all I don't hold their work with high opinions. Or low opinions for that matter just absolutely pointless to even look at the site anymore.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Doctor Albatross posted:

People often say reviews should be one thing or another - "reviews should be objective with no opinions!", "reviews should be entertaining!", "reviews should be informative!" - I think there's room for just about all of them. Leave it to the most qualified in each field.
Basically this is the problem with gamespot and has been for a long time. Gamespot's reviews stick to the old generalized one size fits all style of reviews that used to go in magazines and stuff but the problem is this style of reviews just don't work well when you try to make it personality driven as well. It's like if someone really loves Pokemon they can't write an unbiased review of a new Pokemon game. Not to say that all reviews have to be unbiased but you just can't have your cake and eat it in this situation. That's why I find their work to be just flat out pointless because it fills none of those review positions in any meaningful way.

I can find better unbiased reviews from other websites and their "personalities" aren't apparent in any work that they do making me not care about their personal opinions in any way.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

mysterious frankie posted:

Oof, Deathstroke is really knocking me around during the first(only?) fight with him.

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

Quickfire Grapple Claw.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

TheJoker138 posted:

Ok so I'm at the tower near the GCPD to unlock fast travel for that area. I can clearly see what I'm supposed to do. There's a great I need to pull off with the batclaw and then zip up there and climb out. But when I pull off the grate and zip up, Batman just sits there, hanging from the grate, and won't climb up. What the gently caress am I doing wrong?

Sadly it's a bug with the PC version.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

TheGreySpectre posted:

Does fast travel get disabled for any particular reason for large parts of the game? All my unlocked fast travel points have been greyed out for quite some time now and I'm wondering if I missed some dialogue explaining why I can't use them.

You can't do it in combat and sometimes the fast travel thinks you never left combat. Just reload the checkpoint.

ImpAtom posted:

What exactly is giving you trouble? The Deathstroke fight is totally awesome.

His problem is he isn't using the quickfire grapple claw.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

I can't tell if I really like the multiplayer or really hate it. It's so close to being real good but I dunno. I feel like Batman is just a useless extra 99% of the time and ends up having no impact on the game. Except sometimes when they totally dominate and it's loving awesome as people are like OH NO ITS THE BATMAN!

Though constantly hearing THE BATMAN WAS KILLED GOOD JOB is really loving stupid. I feel like they should toss a smoke pellet and zip off if they get taken out rather then just die and respawn.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Boy I hope future Batman games do not have a segment where Batman must throw _____ grenades into the water to make platforms to float upon while he pulls himself down a passageway. Batman is 105 feet tall and can beat up 50 dudes at once but apparently has a phobia of swimming.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

I always had guys getting alerted to loud noises though. Seems like every time I'd knock a dude out everyone would go "ITS THE BATMAN! THE BATMAN IS HERE!"

Also speaking of mooks I really like the fights with the guys who are like OH MAN THE BATMAN IS REAL!? Mooks should never call him "the bat" or just "batman" it should always be "The Bat Man".

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

You have to do it 3 times. No idea why it doesn't say that but the check box has a 0/3 counter that goes up every time you do it.

VogeGandire posted:

You all know this is how the series should end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ateQQc-AgEM

I was going to say Batman Beyond Arkham but this is the right answer.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

TheGreySpectre posted:

I liked the character and the voice and stuff but I didn't like the fight. The fight itself seemed just like the poison ivy fight from AA just a little flashier.

Have the corrupt save issues been resolved yet? I completed one go round of the game but I have been hesitant to have a go at new game plus with all the reports of save file corruption.

I feel the fight would have been way better if you didn't need to hit him with 50 batarangs per health bar. Had it been like 2 hits but it's real hard to land them it would have been way better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

RatHat posted:

I still like how meticulous Batman is in making the bat shapes for his explosive gel, even though he's going to blow it up a second later. Also that blowing it up right in front of his face doesn't hurt him.

I liked that his bats are sloppier then the ones in City. It was a nice little touch.

• Locked thread