Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cheap Vodka
Nov 4, 2008

COMPLETE. GLOBAL. CALIBRATION.

Phylodox posted:

Holy poo poo...was reading about "I Am the Night" mode. I knew you only had one life but no saves?!? That's taking it to the point where it just stops even being fun. Definitely giving that a skip.

It really isn't that bad. Just play cautiously and restart from a checkpoint if you ever get taken down to a quarter or less health. You can restart as many times as you want, it's only getting killed that resets your progress. The only fights I had to attempt more than once were the Bane ones, and that's because there's so much stunlocking bullshit when he charges around. :mad:

Oh and PROTIP: in the Bane fights it saves your health percentage between his first and second forms, so don't bother moving on to the second one if you got beaten to a pulp in the first one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cheap Vodka
Nov 4, 2008

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I find it amusing that, despite the fact that this series focuses on Arkham Asylum, Blackgate is shown to be even more incompetent.

Three break-outs and then it's burned to the ground by Joker.

Blackgate didn't have Cash to keep the punks in line. Coincidence? I think not. :colbert:

Cheap Vodka
Nov 4, 2008

New DLC trailer is out.

What we know so far:
-Freeze is indeed the villain
-Batman gets a new suit to combat cryo weaponry
-it releases on 4/22

Cheap Vodka
Nov 4, 2008

Fuzz posted:

How the hell do you get 14 in that room? I've tried to do a grate takedown, then hide up top, then batarang/grappel them to the floor, then try to throw a tank at them but the room has such an utterly lovely layout with stuff blocking the crappy LOSes that I can't figure out where the hell I'm supposed to be doing it all and then angling the drat tank. Really annoying that the checkpoint is like a minute BEFORE the start of that area, too.

Hands down the easiest place to get the propane takedown is on the return to blackgate before you enter the prison. As you first arrive there's a fence with a mob of thugs on the other side. Just perch on the fence, use the grappel gun to tether two guys together and knock them down, then attach the propane tank to a third. They're all already clustered together so you don't even need to bait anyone.

Cheap Vodka
Nov 4, 2008

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

If it's going to be longer than one night, I'd like to see the Court of Owls.

Hell yes. Those Talon assassins could really shake up the combat system. Imagine a predator sequence where the enemies can use the gargoyles and vents too. :unsmigghh:
They could work in Robin's origin story too since he's tied to the Court.

Cheap Vodka
Nov 4, 2008

timeandtide posted:

Coincidentally, that would make it March - the same timeframe the embargo on that press event Rocksteady had ends.

Source: http://kotaku.com/will-rocksteadys-next-batman-game-be-revealed-next-wee-1533468637

It's crazy to think the next game could be out later this year. This is a hell of a year for the Arkhamverse; we've got that director's cut of Blackgate, the Mr. Freeze DLC, that new DC animated movie, and possibly the Rocksteady title. I'm gonna Batsplurge on Batmedia and go into a Batcoma. :flashfap:

Cheap Vodka
Nov 4, 2008

Discendo Vox posted:

Maybe Scarecrow is going to have some sort of mind control thing going on? I'm not sure why all these villains would be working together. The trailer literally consists of representatives of the three factions that were killing each other in the previous game.

I'm rooting for a return of sane Bane- only hopefully better written this time.

Penguin is a businessman, he would ally with whomever would bring him the biggest profit and give him the most power. Two Face can be unpredictable, but when the coin lands correctly he can make some rational choices. Harley, I dunno. Wasn't she suicidal in the AC DLC? This could be an act of desperation and she realizes that teaming up with the other crimelords is her best shot at killing Batman and 'avenging' Mistah J.

Cheap Vodka
Nov 4, 2008

TechnoSyndrome posted:

I'm probably alone in this, but I'm really disappointed at the lack of multiplayer. It's rough around the edges, but Origin's multiplayer was a fantastic idea and despite some issues still pretty fun in execution, easily the most entertaining part of Origins to me. I'd have loved to see the new game revisit is and try to iron out some of the problems with it, even if it was SplashDamage developing the multiplayer again.

I'm of two minds on this. It's good that Rocksteady has a very clear goal in mind making the game and doesn't want multiplayer getting in the way of a solid single player experience, and good on WB for not mandating Rocksteady tack something on they aren't comfortable with. However, the Batman series has so much multiplayer potential and I hope it's something whatever dev takes over the series next (WB Montreal probably) explores. After Arkham Knight comes out and there's a full size Gotham City created to build upon I hope we get a GTA style street level crime game. GTA Online is a good starting point in terms of game style; let players build their own character and choose a villain to hench for (each with their own in-game perks) and carry out missions and robberies to work their way up the food chain while players who choose the hero roles roam around the city as Batman and Robin stopping crimes in progress and arresting criminals.

Or hell, just keep it simple and expand upon Invisible Predator Online, or as I like to call it 'Henchman Dressup Simulator'. :v:

Cheap Vodka
Nov 4, 2008

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Why does Batman fly through those AR rings, anyway? What is the purpose? Do they help him practice his gliding or something?

Bruce is a high functioning autistic like Ulillillia and the AR rings are part of his mind game.

Cheap Vodka
Nov 4, 2008

Discendo Vox posted:

I concur with everything Keeku says, with the addendum that playing on hard is a Very Bad Idea. The hit windows aren't given clear cues ingame, so you really need to rely on the counter indicators- which are removed on Hard. The tutorial "boss", which takes two hits, killed me three times before I passed.

The combat in general is pretty garbage. The one on one bosses are kinda fun but the crowds of goons are a chore. I've had like half my cape attacks whiff for no good reason because there's no visual tell if an enemy is within striking range or not. That said, I beat it this morning and it was a decent enough Metroidvania. Nowhere near Super Metroid/Symphony of the Night/Shadow Complex obviously, but not terrible.

Has anyone figured out how to unlock all the Batsuits yet? Four are tied to item pickups and which boss you fight last, but that leaves three or four more. One unlocked after I beat the game but I don't know if that was boss dependent or based on difficulty or what.

Cheap Vodka
Nov 4, 2008

Timeless Appeal posted:

Arkham Knight really needs to get more variety for the voices of their random goons. Cartoon Brooklyn accent goon, Other Cartoon Brooklyn accent but also kind of dumb goon, generic exasperated goon, and gravelly voiced goon are getting old.

I genuinely like that all of the games have similar sounding goons. It's like Batman is beating the everloving poo poo out of the same dozen guys over and over for his entire career.

Cheap Vodka
Nov 4, 2008

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Assault on Arkham Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKbPoM6Goa4

Are you guys ready for more Joker!? :shepicide:

Maybe it's just a poorly cut trailer but that looks really generic and boring. We've done the Joker has a scheme plot before. We've done the Batman fights a group of mercenaries plot before. I'll probably Redbox it anyway because I'm a whore for this franchise but I was hoping it was going to act as a prologue to Arkham Knight and not be another prequel story.

Cheap Vodka
Nov 4, 2008

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Kinda off topic from the movie, but I picked up Origins: Blackgate, and HOLY gently caress, gently caress Penguin's boss fight up the rear end forever.

If it helps any you don't have to take out his guys before you attack Penguin. Wait until they're on the upper level and you can swoop down to punch him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cheap Vodka
Nov 4, 2008

hiddenriverninja posted:

Strange question, I know, but is the Multiplayer still jacked up in Origins?

Last time I played multi on the PS3 it would continually crash and freeze and generally be an unstable piece of poo poo.

• Locked thread