Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Beeez posted:

Pretty good, though he seems more dismayed than horrified by the murder of his parents.

I think showcasing Bruce's deadened emotions were the point of the thing though. He starts out smiling, the shots are fired and we only get a chance to see him reacting to the immediate shock. We then cut to him, dead eyed and zombie-like, at the funeral. In the montage of his youth his unmasked face wears the same dead expression, as if young Bruce is unable to push past the emotional scars and fully live in the world. Even when he's getting the poo poo kicked out of him he keep that thousand yard stare going. Then we cut to him as Batman, exhibiting the first emotions since just before he flinched as his parents were shot, and they're rage and aggression. It's trying to communicate the degree to which young adult Bruce is hosed in the head, the issues he'll be working through in the game and, as a result, how much more savage and volatile he'll be compared to the older, more composed Batman we play as in the previous Arkham games. That's my take, anyways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Beeez posted:

I just mean the immediate look on his face when the gunshots happen, I agree with your take otherwise.

I figure that that was deliberate. They show that split second when it happens in slow mo, so you only get to see the initial daze of his stress response, then cut it off before you get to see him comprehending what has happened and reacting emotionaly to it. I thought it helped enforce the idea that Bruce spent the next ten, maybe fifteen, years retreating to that sliver of time just before he first comprehended his parents's murder. Haha I think were on the same page in general and just disagree aboutthat initial bit, so i'll stop thwacking you over the head with my opinion.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Samurai Sanders posted:

Holy poo poo Batman is short. He barely comes up to everyone else's waist.

My favorite part was how his melee attack animation looks like he's making a handjob motion at the enemies.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Tuesday would be awesome, because I have a whole lot of nothing going on all day. It would be the first time since college that I've enjoyed day one minute one access to a game.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

ThermoPhysical posted:

I could see Origins being maybe an 8 on review sites. It'd probably get nicked for being like City with "nothing new" or maybe the usual framerate issues that seem to plague all PS3/360 games nowadays but that's about it.

I hope the the plot will be less unwieldy than City's. City felt a little strained, like Tim Burton's Batman 2 in comparison to 1. Arkham Asylum was so well conceived- it's a "little" story that allows Batman to fight a bunch of the rogues gallery in one night without it seeming video gamey. In City they just transplanted the same concepts to a much larger map and added a bunch of poo poo in between to fill it out. I still liked it, mainly due to aesthetics and good gameplay, but it seemed like they wanted to stay safe and just make Arkham Asylum+, so they went for convolution over a fresh, tight story. Origin is still hammering away at that whole "one crazy night for Batman" concept, but at least they dressed it up a little and we get to the experience the Arkham universe version of Batman's rite of passage, which is neat. It'll be a shame if the spoilers from earlier turn out to be true, but it wouldn't surprise me.

I'd prefer if they went for more of a Grand Theft Auto mission design going forward. Instead of having all the missions and villains- not counting the baddies that only interact with you via non mission activities, like solving Riddler puzzles or Zsasz's phone calls- appear in service of an overarching plot, have a series of missions comprising the main story, while having secondary clusters of missions that focus on one or a couple villains in their own side stories. No crazy blow out stories about how Batman has to fight 20 of his worst adversaries in one night, because they're all working together; give me a game where Batman is solving, say, 10 cases involving individual villains via sets, plus one main story that focuses on character\myth development. Or just one long story with one- or maybe a few- adversaries that are used well in service of the plot. I think it would make things feel less cluttered and allow for the really interesting personalities of Batman's villains to shine through.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

... isn't that what Arkham City did? You had the Bane missions, the Deadspot missions, the Hush subplot, ect.

Sort of, but it's all jumbled up with the Arkham city revolt story. I want something where the stories are more cleanly delineated. You start the Bane mission set and each mission is comparable to a single issue of a five issue story revolving around Bane that occurs in a neutral Gotham city setting. Having it all take place in the Arkham City warzone made everything feel muddied and restricted what kind of stories they could tell about the characters.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

CharlestonJew posted:

Truth: Batman thanks the thug for his cooperation, smashes his head against the wall and knocks him out.
Doubt: Batman smashes his head against the wall and asks him again.
Lie: Batman shows him evidence he's lying, smashes his head against the wall and asks again.

A better detective game than L.A. Noire was, that's for sure.

I would very much enjoy an interactive interrogation scene where you're grilling someone while perched on a grotesque and dangling them by their leg off the side.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Beeez posted:

The only issue is they'd either need to keep coming up with excuses as to why no regular citizens are around or start having innocent NPCs roaming around in a GTA/Assassin's Creed kinda way, except you can't touch them because Batman wouldn't start beating up random civilians. That might be something they'd be hesitant about doing. But I agree it'd be cool if they spaced it out and made it less claustrophobic timeframe-wise. The first time I played Arkham City I did feel weird getting some urgent main objective and then running off to find Deadshot's latest victim or solve another Riddler room.

On the upside it would be awesome to just hulk out as batman and thrash a crowd of random nobodies. It would be weird, however, to have untouchable crowds and (eventually) really annoying to have crowds you could accidentally attack, assuming there was a penalty, which I'm sure there would be since it's Batman. I can imagine it would be hilarious the first couple times I accidentally cracked an old lady in the back of the head with a batarang, due to automatic targeting screwing up, while trying to catch the guy who stole her purse, then automatically failing the mission; by the 30th time it wouldn't be so funny anymore.

It wouldn't be entirely unfeasible to have traffic and crowds on upcoming Arkham titles for PC and next gen consoles if Rockstar can already do it in the current gen, but that does throw a whole bunch of new programming and balance hurdles at Rocksteady, so I totally see what you're saying there.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

CandyCrazy posted:

The final boss would be Batman. It would be impossible to win.

No one would actually get that far though, because in practice everyone would just be searching for as many ways to get his smug face bashed in as possible.

The winning condition could be that you filled up Batman's "annoyed all to hell" meter before your inevitable capture and return to Arkham.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Karpaw posted:

Uhhhh... if he has foreknowledge of dying from Titan, why not just avoid infecting himself?

Well, this is the Joker we're talking about.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Samurai Sanders posted:

That's one thing I've always been confused about. She was a doctor before? How is that even possible? Or did her association with the Joker make her both crazy AND dumb as a post, and she wasn't either thing before?

She's never struck me as dumb, exactly; just really insecure & dependent on other people, mainly because Joker spends a lot of time rarefying that part of her personality though abuse. Whenever she's away from him long enough she gets better at thinking things through and taking care of herself, but she's pretty much too far gone to ever be 100% again.

Samurai Sanders posted:

So the joke is that any crazy idiot can get a PhD in psychology, or something?

edit: also I'm pretty sure "psychiatrist" implies they have a MD as well, since they can prescribe meds and stuff. Can you imagine Harley with the power to write prescriptions for powerful brain medications, even pre-crazy?

No, there's no joke. The point is she was a capable professional who was broken by the Joker. IE, you don't gently caress with the Joker & you don't try to empathize. He's a force of nature, not a man. Harley is both a caricature of a woman in an abusive relationship where the abuser has totally cut you off from reality, and a caricature of a junkie who is ruining her life and destroying her mind while single-mindedly pursuing a destructive substance.

She's also suffering an extreme Batman universe version of http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hybristophilia

mysterious frankie fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Oct 23, 2013

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

coRRale posted:

Did they push the date up? It says its gonna unlock on the 24th now.

Must have. Niiiiiice.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

The game's story is really fantastic. Probably the best in the series.

This is great news. It seemed like they had everything in place to tell a great Batman story, but City had me worrying. City had a cool premise- and the studio that made Arkham Asylum crafting it- but couldn't manage to do anything too impressive with it, save for having the balls to end it like they did.

mysterious frankie fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Oct 24, 2013

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

TheJoker138 posted:

What's the time travel conspiracy?

Someone started a rumor that the Joker in the past somehow saw he would die from TITAN usage in the future, so he's orchestrating the events of Origin as a way of having Batman take out Bane before he can be put in Arkham Asylum, so that future Joker won't poison himself. It's convoluted and crazy as hell, but this is a Joker plan we're talking about so- assuming we accept the implausible hook that kicks it all off- it's not outside of the realm of possibility.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Lord is this game fun. It's exactly what I wanted City to be. It's so much fun to play as young Batman, because he's just this gloriously dickish rear end in a top hat. Interrogation scenes where, in the earlier games, he would have just intimidated the thug by choke slamming them into the wall a couple times while grumbling at them =, here play out with him beating the dude unconscious, then waking him up by dangling him off the side of a building and slamming his face a couple times into a giant clock, followed by tossing him into a Christmas tree a couple hundred feet below when he's got what he wants. He's such a prick and it's hilarious.

I wonder if older thugs who had to deal with older Batman ever give younger thugs poo poo about how they don't know how easy they have it.

"So Batman broke your nose? Boo hoo. Back in the day we had it really rough. Bats ran me over with the Batmobile one time, because he thought he saw me smoking a Cuban cigar. It wasn't even Cuban! And he didn't even apologized! Dude just flipped me off, put on REO Speedwagon and drove away."

"That's nothin'! One time Batman pulled out all my fingernails while interrogating me! It wasn't even because I was committing a crime! He just wanted to figure out what to get Catwoman for her birthday!"

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Also, I just confirmed that you do still get the Deathstroke preorder bonus if you got the game with an Nvidia card earlier in the year.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Spiritus Nox posted:

So, I've been hearing that this game is sort of more of the same with regards to City - are there any steps back in here, or is it more refined? (Or neither, I suppose) That includes story, though don't spoil me when you answer. If the game's as good or better than City, that won't be much of a problem for me.

I'd say it's an all-around step forward. The controls feel tighter and combat is a lot more satisfying than it was in city. The story is great and the general premise allows for the various supervillains to be more distinct and interesting. Visually it's the best looking of the bunch, but it's also the newest, so that's not a shock. Even so the design just looks cool and setting it on Christmas Eve was smart; old Gotham, all covered in snow and decorations, is much cooler than it was as a gritty, crumbling industrial prison. Everything in general feels way more... Batmanny.

It's kind of funny that this is the Arkham game that was developed by a different studio, because Arkham City came off like it was developed by a different group who almost, but not quite, got what made Arkham Asylum so special; whereas this game feels like the proper sequel Rocksteady would have made.

Four out of five possible Batmans on the Batman Batscale. Batman.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Oof, Deathstroke is really knocking me around during the first(only?) fight with him. It should go to show how molly coddled I am by games usually that I assumed if I died after taking off a chunk of his health then it would load me back up at that point. But it doesn't; it just starts me off at the beginning of the fight, which is both annoying and cool. Annoying because it takes forever to fight him, and cool because I'm starting to learn his patterns and taking him down notch by notch feels a lot more badass than it would have if the game basically gave me the win.

Also, haha, poor ol' Electrocutioner.

EDIT: aaaaaaaaaand just as I was beginning to turn the tides against Deathstroke, I countered him right through the floor, glitching the fight into an unwinnable state. Welp... guess I don't know my own strength.

mysterious frankie fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Oct 25, 2013

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

randombattle posted:

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

Quickfire Grapple Claw.

That was actually how I knocked him through the floor.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Spermando posted:

I can't tell if the fight against Anarky is poorly programmed or if it's clever political commentary.

If you mean how He goes down with one hit after you take out his mob, I think it was intentional. I mean, his whole power is collective action, basically. Take down the followers and the figurehead is powerless.

---

I just want to effuse about how smart the Deathstroke fight was. Some reviewer said it was simply there to teach you how to counter efficiently and I think that's really oversimplifying it. If all you got out of Deathstroke was counter timing, then that fight must have been a tedious chore and you're probably not enjoying battling thugs either. Deathstroke was there to teach you how to fight creatively and use a bunch of abilities in conjunction with one another to control the battlefield. I didn't really understand the joy of Deathstroke until I started really utilizing my arsenal to injure him or move him where I wanted him to be. It makes total sense that you don't have checkpoints during the battle too; the point of it is to force you to move past relying on counter+punch before the game lets you go on, and if you got a checkpoint after every QTE you could just grind your way through the fight, instead of having that AHA moment where you go from being a person losing a boss fight to being the Goddamn Batman.

Before Deathstroke fighting mostly entailed wait, punch, hit counter when I saw the option and maybe use the cape + beatdown if there was one guy left. After Deathstroke, I'll maybe glide kick my way in, stagger the guy in the crowd with a gun via the grapnel gun to buy myself time, use the cape+ A,A attack to stun and jump the crowd between me and gun guy, run up slam him down, use the quick explosive gel attack to flip back over the crowd who would have just been coming to their senses, ignite the gel to damage and stun a bunch of them, crush the one or two still standing, do a ground pound to take down whoever hasn't gotten up yet and then kick the last one in the face, ending the fight. Or use one of a million other combinations of Batman's skills and gadgets. It's awesome and I can't help thinking they put the Deathstroke battle in for guys like me who never really used everything Batman could do to our advantage in previous games.

I also think I would not like this game if I didn't have a gamepad, because all of that would have been a frigging nightmare to pull off on the keyboard, so I'd probably just rely on counter and punch as much as possible.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

I think one of my favorite little exchanges in the game is during the post game Most Wanted mission.

RANDOM ESCAPED INMATE: Jingle... hahahaha... bells... hahahahaha... Batman smells...
BATMAN: No. *knocks him out cold*

Then he tells Gordon to make sure his guys muzzle the dude.
---
Does anyone know what I do with these Cobblepot Boxes? It says to go to the Black Market to pick up my rewards, but there's nothing going on in the ship when I get there.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Veotax posted:

They're multiplayer rewards, dude.

Ohhhhhh. Thanks. What are they? Costumes?

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

CzarChasm posted:

Also, Enigma raises some good points. With what he's doing, he's blackmailing people into behaving - sort of. I mean, at least it's less violent than breaking people's legs to scare them straight. And like Batman, if you aren't doing anything wrong, you have nothing to fear. But no, only Batman is allowed to go vigilante in "his" city.

While he has some good points- and on the surface seems like someone Batman would work with- the issue lies with his method. Like Anarky, he's on the same general wavelength as Batman, but he doesn't mind destroying the system in order to impose his will. Batman is more about working to slowly fix and stabilize Gotham from the outside; he's a pragmatist who thinks he can fix the system and make it work again. Enigma doesn't just want to blackmail his victims into going straight; he wants to take them- and thereby the system- down by revealing all the dirt he's dug up to the public. Looking at it from Batman's viewpoint this would plunge the city into chaos and make things worse.

Plus he's a desperately insecure little wiener man who would do literally anything to prove that he's the cleverest bastard in the city. Fixing Gotham isn't his primary concern; showing Batman and the people in charge that he could out think them is.

So a patch dropped this morning and now the Burnley vent issue has spread to random ledges all around the city. Oof. Also, it seems like the game auto corrects the your heading on an grapnel accelerated glide to straight ahead. You can still turn after the correction is made, but you lose a little altitude while waiting for the game to give you control back. Assuming I'm not the only one experiencing this, they're gonna see some backlash.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This Charming Man posted:

Really? I thought just a few posts ago somebody mentioned that the patch only affects MP? :confused:

Yeah, I don't know. I fired it up after the patch launched and almost immediately I was unable to climb a random surface after grapnelling onto it. It does't happen with every surface and, on a surface that is uniform, I can move slightly to the left or right and them climb up, but this wasn't happening prior to the patch. Also, the game ignored my control input and points me straight ahead if I do an accelerated glide. I've played the game so much that I doubt I'm just now seeing an existing issue and the patch is the only thing that has changed on my computer, so I dunno.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Beeez posted:

I figured the audio files were more a gameplay element than an indication of the only people he was targeting, but even if those were the only characters he was targeting it's still called "extortion data", not "heroically wiping out corruption" data, so I very much doubt Riddler had any altruistic ends in mind. Also, most of the characters in those files wouldn't be stopped because of those audio files anyway, considering most of them are openly criminal. At best, Riddler would've thrown the GCPD and Blackgate into turmoil. And whether you 100% agree with Anarky's outlook or not(because I actually do think his assessment of financial and political institutions is often pretty accurate in this game, I don't know how you could think someone beating up criminals is more unsavory than destroying things with little regard for human life because "the ends justify the means".

I guess it's up to personal opinion, but I don't think Batman's punitive but non-lethal views on those who would kill or hurt the innocent is wrong, if he was straight up murdering people like the Punisher then I'd be less inclined to think of the character as a good guy overall.

Yeah, it's the stuff we want to hear about. The general audience gives not one poo poo about a district selectman we've never heard of taking graft from Falcone. The Riddler releasing dirt on, say, The Penguin has no effect on The Penguin, because he's already an outlaw running a huge criminal empire; it's pretty safe to assume audio files are just there so that we have some tangible reward for wasting our time finding all the data files.
---

Anarky is a teenage douchebag regurgitating Kropotkin as a justification for murder and mass destruction. Not quite the same thing as the Occupy movement. By the pro Anarky people's logic, I'm 100% justified convincing a homeless guy to stab my wantonly capitalist landlord to death, so long as I like the right kind of books.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

redbackground posted:

I managed to beat Asylum and City with KB/M, not gonna stop now!

edit: If I had a way to connect my upstairs computer to my biggie tv downstairs and hang back on my couch, I would definitely learn to adapt.

Haha, me too. This was the first Arkham game I've played with a game pad and, goddamn, there's no going back!

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Just finished the Riddler data packs, still have a handful of Anarky signs and and Gotham markers to find. Does finding them all unlock anything cool or reveal interesting tidbits? If not, I think I'm just gonna play the MP for a while. So far, the Anarky stuff just nets me sophomoric rants about how bad The Man is, and I have no idea where to find the markers. Doing all the Riddler stuff kinda wore me out and if all I get out of these last two treasure hunts is some more gently caress you dad politics and a long winded story about how the penguin's dad killed somebody, my Batman fatigue will be irreversible.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Shindragon posted:

Well at least the 4th game won't have him. Surely right? Because honestly enough already. Story spoiler

Don't kid yourself. Joker will be there. Joker will always loving be there. What fun would Batman be without all Joker, all the time? It's not like Batman has a huge stable of interesting, well developed primary and secondary antagonists to focus on. The next game will probably be about the Joker hunting the Joker through the mind of the Joker and then in a third act twist we'll find out the Joker was actually being set up by the Joker, so that the Joker could get close enough to infect the Joker with a Joker serum that would turn the Joker into the Joker.

MeatwadIsGod posted:

I actually liked the Cyrus Pinkney side-quest and how it ended, but to my knowledge getting 100 percent of the journal and Anarky scans doesn't give any specific suits, gadgets, etc. Basically just XP and 100% on the Gotham Intel section. The hidden scans thing kinda peaked with the Amadeus Arkham stuff in the first game, but I thought these were okay. Most of the Anarky ones do come across as a bit silly, but there are some I genuinely like (like the one about the erosion of unions, etc.). Anarky to me was actually one of the highlights of the game. I loved his Luigi Galleani radio broadcast, the goon dialogue during his side-missions, and his extortion audio clips.

I'm pretty much out of stuff to do in the main game, and walking the streets of Gotham with detective vision, looking for markers, sounds boring. I think I might hang SP up until the DLC comes out.

As for Anarky, I think his number one sin here is he's bland. The character in the comics- from what little I've seen with him in it- was intentionally made to have no problems in his life, no personality quirks or flaws, nothing. Anarky, here, is the same way.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Platypus Farm posted:

The thing is though, there are very few of them that non-comics people know about. If a villain hasn't been in a movie, people don't want to fight them.

For my part, I want to see King Tut in the next one.

There are more interesting ways to keep Joker involved in the story without him being the big twist mastermind. Right off the top of my head; have John Paul Valley- or some analogue to the character- enter into Gotham with plans to remove Bruce from his post and assume the position as the new Batman. Joker doesn't want this to happen, because you're the object of his obsession and so, in his own twisted way, he attempts to help you out and causes more chaos and destruction than he prevents. The way they used him in the first game was great, the second not so much and then in the third it was passable, just because it's an origin story. There are a lot of better ways to have the Joker stick around without making him the center of attention.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

SonicRulez posted:

I'm always curious whenever someone says they prefer Origins to either of the other two. I feel like it has to come down to the order you played them in, when you bought Origins, how many patches had come out, and stuff like that.

I bought Origins at launch and enjoyed it the most out of the three. The story, boss battles and set pieces were so satisfying, and gloomy, empty winter Gotham is my favorite setting so far. I never ran into any bugs during my playthrough, which likely colors my opinion. Asylum was great; City was fun, but was also big haphazard mess of Batman Stuff with admittedly refined controls. I sort of expect Knight to be the mess of City X 5 and that will be good enough to justify my money going away from me.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

You are a weird little wiener and should be stopped before you hurt yourself.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Yeah, I guess the reason people can say Origins has the best plot is because it establishes a relatively simple problem for Batman: "Stop the assassins and prevent these explosives from going off."

Compare that to Joker's whole "I'm shipping my super AIDS out to every hospital and somehow no one tests this anonymously donated blood before injecting it into thousands of people." thing from Arkham City.

It's not just that. It's the origin story of how Batman took a hosed up Gotham and turned it into a Super hosed up Gotham, by dressing up like a bat and attracting crazy people with poo poo to prove into it.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

SonicRulez posted:

I just had a thought that's now bothering me. Someone pointed out that Batman showing up to fight organized crime in a Bat suit kinda eliminated the mob, but simultaneously triggered the arrival of a million crazies. The thing is, even in the Arkhkamverse, we know all 8 assassins from Origins, Penguin, Riddler, and probably a few others are bound to show up regardless. If I could blame anyone for the emergence of all the masks, it's Superman. But then I thought, I don't think we actually have any proof Superman even exists in this universe. I assume that he does, Joker kinda implies that he does in Asylum, but I don't think there's anything concrete. Could Batman and his gang be the only superheroes around?

The Penguin is more or less an arms dealer with a nickname and The Riddler and Anarky are vigilantes whose alter egos are reactions to Batman. The assassins showing up is a reaction to Batman. Joker showing up is a reaction to Batman. Without meaning to do it, Bruce Wayne creates around him the kind of chaotic world he can understand and find purpose in through struggle. He externalizes his inner conflict.

I'm not saying there weren't costumed weirdos before Batman; I'm saying Batman started an arms race of crazy. The city was arguably safer before him because mobsters are predictable in that they won't randomly blow up buildings while wearing grease paint in order to prove a point to a man in a cowl. Corrupt and lovely, yeah, but safer. Origins is the most interesting to me because it's a document of the moment of transition between the two eras in the Arkhamverse.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Mogomra posted:

I wonder if you're going to have to unlock all the special movies you unlocked in City again. Maybe Bruce took a year long vacation, and is a little rusty.

It's all going to be upgrades for the Batmobile, which no one will end up liking very much. Hundreds and hundred of upgrades.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

redbackground posted:

If there isn't an option for Bat-spinners...

I want custom horns that sound like all the hot tunes burning up the Billboard charts today, or possibly Joker soliloquies about how he and Batman are alike.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

I have a 30% off coupon that I won't use before its expiration date for Green Man Gaming if anyone wants this on pc for cheap(ish).

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Dr. Strange went a step beyond Human Centipede 3. If only all of humanity could step beyond it as well, preferably with eyes closed.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

New spot

Might be spoiler? the voiceover says that this is how Batman died

I guess it's a spoiler, but I seriously doubt too many people here weren't anticipating that things go like that. My guess is he and Jason Todd\Red Hood will have an ongoing philosophical debate during the game and it will end with Jason giving in to Batman as he dies and learning to love sublimate his urge to kill and instead only viciously beat people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Calaveron posted:

I've a hankering for some Batman before AK comes out. I owned and beat AC but left it back home, and I've never played Origins. Considering getting a cheap used copy of either one. Which one should I play?

Origins, man. It's a neat story that recontextualizes the escalating insanity throughout Asylum and City. It's a snapshot of Gotham right at the beginning of the period when Batman began the process of terraforming it into a habitable environment for crazy people in onesies, ie one big Arkham Asylum.

• Locked thread