Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Iacen
Mar 19, 2009

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Stroth posted:

Okay, Troy Baker does a pretty good Joker.

If I wasn't looking at the video, I think I could have convinced myself it was Hamill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iacen
Mar 19, 2009

raditts posted:

Hammill's Joker is great and iconic and all and I guess you want at least a soundalike for the Arkham continuity, but how long does it have to be after he retires before people quit loving blubbering about how anyone who isn't him or doesn't try to sound like him isn't the "real" Joker?

For the Arkham universe, the Hamill Joker is what I prefere. That said, an alternate take on the Joker wouldn't be amiss in another Batman game.

But honestly I would like it if the Joker wouldn't be in a future game at all. I'm not that into Batman, so I don't know who could be a worthy adversary, but I would like an alternative to the Joker.

Iacen
Mar 19, 2009

randombattle posted:

Shouldn't deathstroke have swords and guns? Why is he bonking everyone with a staff anyway?

Isn't Deathstroke a bad guy? Does he share Batman's morals or what? Because from my limited Batman experience, I would have thought he would just have shot his enemies.

(Yes, I know the explanation is probably that they had to fit it into the Batman framework, but still...)

Iacen
Mar 19, 2009

Stroth posted:

He does use guns if he needs to. But the game already has Deadshot, we don't need another crazed gunman.

Also, for the record, Deathstroke does use a staff in the comics. Admittedly, a high tech staff that shoots energy blasts, but he uses it like a bo.

Oh, that's why. I had mixed up Deathstroke and Deadshot and thought they were one and the same. That answers my question :)

Iacen
Mar 19, 2009

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Not gonna lie, I would totally play an Arkham game that featured the Riddler as the main bad guy leading Batman around in a wild goose chase.

I had the same idea. The Riddler makes it seem like various super villains are doing bad things, making Batman bust into their hideouts and beat the crap out of them, only to realize they weren't doing anything bad (at that time).
After having done so a couple of times, Batman realizes something is up and someone is setting him and all the bad guys up. After some time, he discovers it's the Riddler. But so has all the other gangs, making everyone fight everyone. Gang warfare in the streets and Batman trying to find the Riddler in the middle. He, of course, just did it to cover some magnificent robbery.

And now I'm done writing Batman fanfic :/

Iacen
Mar 19, 2009

Neo Rasa posted:

This is basically what happened. Apparently a lot of the writing and development (and some major bits of the story) of Fisher in general was done by Ironside himself for the first three games. Splinter Cell was always set apart from the previous Tom Clancy games because it was very character oriented by comparison and Ironside was the main reason for that. He got into it so much because of that notion that you could ghost the game, knock people out or grab them to get information instead of slaughtering them, manipulate the lights, etc. As the series gradually started to focus less on that I guess he lost interest.

It was that, but I'm also sure Ubisoft aid it had something to do with unified motion/voice acting. It's the same reason any developer pulls out when they drop a liked voice actor and replaces him with a new one, because they have to use the same dude for both the motion acting and the voice acting.

Iacen
Mar 19, 2009

Sleepy Owl posted:

edit: no one is ever interested in the soundtrack :saddowns:

I'll wait to hear if after playing the game, but I did listen to the Joker's theme. I hadn't expected Carol of the Bell could be threatning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iacen
Mar 19, 2009

Skoll posted:

So is there direct confirmation of this being a sequel to City, or are the devs just lazy? Or am I just dumb and missed something?

Rocksteady might not have actually done anything besides providing art assets for the teaser. Many times other companies are hired for the CG videos. I can't remember what one of them is called, but they've done tons of game videos. Smashing stuff, too!

• Locked thread