Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hip-Hoptimus Rhyme
Mar 19, 2009

Gods don't make mistakes

Iacen posted:

I'll wait to hear if after playing the game, but I did listen to the Joker's theme. I hadn't expected Carol of the Bell could be threatning.

I just listened to it and all I can say is, God, I wish it was Christmas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hip-Hoptimus Rhyme
Mar 19, 2009

Gods don't make mistakes
Just ran across another weird glitch. I was cleaning up the Enigma datapacks and was trying to get one in what I think was the Diamond District. It was the one with three batarang light switches below and one above. The light above would not register as a target for the batarang and no matter what I did I could not hit it with a batarang. I just started throwing things at it hoping something would make it work. Luckily the batclaw triggered it. No reason why, it still didn't register as a target, but at least I got the thing so I could finish his Most Wanted mission.

Hip-Hoptimus Rhyme
Mar 19, 2009

Gods don't make mistakes

MonsterEnvy posted:

Question who liked Firefly. Because he was fun as hell to listen to.

I would say his boss fight was my favorite in the game, just because it was different. The Bane fights (except the last one) were just brawls with one really tough enemy. Deadshot was just another predator section. Deathstroke and Copperhead felt like they divided the Ra's Al Ghul fight into 2 less interesting ones. Shiva was just a brawl. I barely remember the Killer Croc fight. Anarky was a little different, but really just another brawl.

And the Electrocutioner? Actually, scratch that, that was my favorite fight.

Seriously though, at least Firefly's fight was grandiose and dynamic. You were moving around a lot and it actually felt like a real boss fight. It may have been a little formulaid (dodge, dodge, dodge, use item, punch man), but it was different than "do what you've been doing for the entire game, only with a villain saying one-liners to you".

Hip-Hoptimus Rhyme
Mar 19, 2009

Gods don't make mistakes
If anything, I'd just choose to believe that the events of Origins don't really matter, since it's not like they're tied directly into stories of AA and AC.

Hip-Hoptimus Rhyme
Mar 19, 2009

Gods don't make mistakes
My only real hope for the Arkham series is that they eventually do Arkham Beyond.

Hip-Hoptimus Rhyme
Mar 19, 2009

Gods don't make mistakes

blackguy32 posted:

And then at the very end of the game, you find out that Joker has been masterminding the whole plot from his prison cell the whole time.

Who is really Clayface! :monocle:

Hip-Hoptimus Rhyme
Mar 19, 2009

Gods don't make mistakes

Pixeltendo posted:

c'monnn Batman Beyond arkham, make it happen Rocksteady.

This is ultimately what I'd want, but I feel like first there'd have to be a conclusion to the story threads leftover from AC

Hip-Hoptimus Rhyme
Mar 19, 2009

Gods don't make mistakes
Just beat CCH. Only had a few problems when starting like Bruce Wayne not being able to attack or a thug glitching when I needed to interrogate him, but these were fixed with a reload. For the most part, I enjoyed it. The new types of thugs changed things up with combat, but they didn't wear out their welcome by being absolutely everywhere. The XE suit looked good. The final fight was neat, but with the second half of the fight, I was hoping more for than a different version of the Arkham City predator fight. I was hoping for an actual fight, rather than dropping icicles and doing takedowns while Freeze patiently waited for me to punch him. It was a fine enough story that we've pretty much heard before, but it suffered with the boss fight, just like always.

Hip-Hoptimus Rhyme
Mar 19, 2009

Gods don't make mistakes

Phylodox posted:

Yeah, I wouldn't be devastated if Arkham Knight got postponed long enough for Origins to maybe get one more story DLC. Perhaps one that ties up another loose end in the main story. A loose end involving a certain enigmatic character.

And by tie up, I mean punch.

Personally, I just kind of want WB Montreal to be done with Origins. They made a fine enough game, but it was way too buggy. When they had to chance to put out a good story DLC that would distract from the base game launch, all it did was remind me of how buggy Origins was at launch. They had a chance to fix the pre-existing problems and show what they capable of and we just got more of the same. Out with Origins and in with Arkham Knight.

Hip-Hoptimus Rhyme
Mar 19, 2009

Gods don't make mistakes

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

I personally thought floaty ghost Ras Al-Ghul giving you a gliding tutorial was pretty much a tragedy.

That actually was a pretty out of place part. However, it completely left my mind once I started fighting sand demon Ra's.

Hip-Hoptimus Rhyme
Mar 19, 2009

Gods don't make mistakes

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

No idea if the one on the left is Tim or Jason as Robin though.

Jason himself looks pretty cool but he's somewhat big for a twenty something guy.

I'd guess it's supposed to be Tim.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hip-Hoptimus Rhyme
Mar 19, 2009

Gods don't make mistakes

bunnyofdoom posted:

Wasn't there an arcade game that does that?

Yes, it's a game where Batman speeds through Gotham crashing into cop cars and shooting missiles to stop criminals. It was very fun to do this in the Adam West-mobile.

• Locked thread