Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE

raditts posted:

I foresee a lot of save-scumming in the future of that achievement.

There's no saving in I am the Night mode, that would kind of defeat the whole point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE

raditts posted:

I don't see anywhere it says you have to complete the whole thing in one sitting. That would be ridiculous.

My bad, when the mode was announced all the sites that reported on it said that there were no saves, but it turned out to be misinformation.

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE

NattyBo posted:

Have the save files of completed Asylum and City on my PS3, but picking Origins up on Wii U for the gamepad functionality/usefulness - unless there's something extremely cool I'll miss out on by not having the previous game save files?

Nothing save file related as far as I know, but it should be noted the Wii U version is missing multiplayer mode.

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE
I've probably had the game freeze on me at least ten times on the 360, along with a handful of other bugs. My favorite was this one involving Deadshot.

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE
Can somebody tell me where the hell to do the stupid rank six predator challenge? I just finished the bank in new game plus, not realizing hanging ledge takedown meant hanging from a ledge and doing a take down on an enemy below you, not one on the ledge above you. Is it really possible to screw yourself out of being able to finish the challenges by going too far in the story?

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE
Matchmaking is weird and broken. Sometimes the game puts you in a lobby with other people and sometimes it just dumps you in a room on your own. On 360 I end up spamming the join lobby option until I find one at least half full, then invite other people from my recently played list to fill it up.

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE

FutonForensic posted:

The glue raft is up there with Shark Repellent for the most ridiculous thing I've seen related to Batman.

Near the end of the game when Batman thinks to himself "I need to use my glue grenade to make a raft" in his super serious Batman voice I burst out laughing over how silly it was.

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE

THE CHORSE posted:

The trophy for completing I Am the Night Mode is pretty badass.
http://i.imgur.com/1BuVLSn.jpg

It really bums me out that they apparently removed this as a costume from the game. You were originally supposed to unlock it once you've gotten 100%, but people who did have reported you don't unlock anything.

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE
So yesterday they patched the game again and added a new multiplayer mode, Hunter vs Hunted. It's three on three on one (no Robin) and every character only has one life. The supervillain door and grenade drops aren't in it, and you win by either being the last team standing, or if you're one of the villain gangs you can capture two of the three control points, which appear one every five minutes or so. The control points make sure Batman can't just camp around in a safe spot waiting for the remaining team to move out into the open.

It's pretty fun, though it can be frustrating when playing against people who know what they're doing since your whole team can be wiped out pretty quick. It also changes the way getting to play Batman works, with only the team that won going into the Batman roulette, and if Batman wins he stays on for the next round. The patch also seems to have fixed matchmaking, every time I searched for a match the game immediately put me in a lobby with other people.

TechnoSyndrome fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Dec 17, 2013

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE
If you like the challenge rooms Bruce Wayne is a completely separate character with his own gadgets, moveset, and set of challenges/medals for each map. If you're only going to play the new maps/challenge campaign that come with him it's probably not worth it.

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE

ChibiSoma posted:

Is there an issue with Arkham City starting up? Last three times I've tried playing, it's hard locked while the 360 tries loading it. Shutting the system off and restarting it makes it work, but it's getting annoying. The disc is fine, and other games aren't giving me the problem, it's only City doing it, so I don't think it's the system itself.

This was always a huge issue for me with Arkham City on 360, most times I'd have to reboot multiple times before I finally got to the main menu. Thankfully that's the only major issue I had with the game, it never froze on me during actual gameplay or any other point past those pre-menu logos.

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE

ZoninSilver posted:

Has anyone here ever gotten into an online game in that "Hunted, Hunter" mode they added in one of the later patches? I've never gotten into a lobby that wasn't me alone when I tried.

Inadvertently though, I ended up on the receiving end of a rather elaborate batgel explosion that I WISH I had pulled off myself, might be worth a quick laugh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpMBRrcGDQg

I've gotten into a decent number of Hunter, Hunted matches on 360. I ended up getting a similar take-down to that one, I'd sprayed three explosive gels inside the middle control point at the beginning of the match, placed the jammer that forced it to become the first active control point, and then ended up getting two guys from one team and another from the other as they all ran into the middle. It's such an amazing feeling when it's actual people instead of just AI.

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE
I'm probably alone in this, but I'm really disappointed at the lack of multiplayer. It's rough around the edges, but Origin's multiplayer was a fantastic idea and despite some issues still pretty fun in execution, easily the most entertaining part of Origins to me. I'd have loved to see the new game revisit is and try to iron out some of the problems with it, even if it was SplashDamage developing the multiplayer again.

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE
Pretty sure the Arkham Knight is just Sin Tzu wearing a mask.

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE
The Assassin's Creed IV demo at Sony's conference last year actually crashed, so I really thought the game was glitching out.

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

The worst part, for me, about City's Riddler carnival was all the Catwoman ones. I don't have that DLC. I never will, because I refuse to partake of that horrible side-industry and it didn't occur to me to wait for the GotY edition like I do with Bethesda games.
The horrible side-industry of buying games new?

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

No, of dipshit DLC and gatelocking. It's on the disc? Then let me play it! I don't want to sign up to some service or whatever the gently caress they wanted from me. Give me the entire game, I paid for the goddamn thing.

You didn't have to sign up for anything, you just had to redeem your code through Xbox Live/PSN. It was purely an incentive to get people to not buy the game used, and if you didn't actually pay them for your copy I doubt they care what you think.

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE
In that case I can sympathize with you, though for what it's worth the Catwoman DLC is a 250+MB download rather than unlocking something off the disk. Do you have one of those old Xboxes that didn't have WiFi built in? I remember the wireless adapter being highway robbery.

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE
You're missing Aerial Attack and Beatdown. Also all the quick-fire gadgets.

TechnoSyndrome fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Jun 26, 2014

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE

kalonZombie posted:

I've just been replaying (and in two cases, platinuming) the current Arkham games already out. I've been playing them in release order and I started Origins earlier today. It's the first time I've played Origins on Normal, and while I still complain about the timing and stuff about counters, it's not as bad as I remember it being. What I really have to complain MORE about moving the quickfire buttons. I keep turning on detective mode when I try to throw a batarang at a dude.

I'm pretty sure counters windows vary between enemy models because I replayed Origins not too long ago and though the same thing at first, only to start getting pissed later into the game when all those problems came back.

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE

ToastyPotato posted:

Now, the fact that the Red Hood DLC says Gamestop exclusive doesn't mean it won't be available elsewhere right? They mean it is an exclusive preorder bonus to Gamestop, not that it is exclusive DLC?

It means you will only be able to get that specific DLC by pre-ordering at GameStop.*

*Until about a month after launch when the pre-order bullshit all gets thrown onto Steam, Xbox Live and PSN at once.

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE
Why are you concerned about just being able to run it? The PS4's graphics card isn't exactly a beast. Assuming the PC version gets extra bells and whistles beyond the PS4 version you'll probably need something expensive to max everything out, but you should easily be able to match the console versions.

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE

kalonZombie posted:

Except for all those parts where you play a video game and don't progress unless you push buttons to both attack and avoid damage, as well as fiddle with one or more control sticks to move and/or manipulate the camera.

But, y'know, our definitions of "cutscene" could vary wildly.

I dunno how it went for other people, but when I fought Firefly I found it trivial to stun lock him with glue grenades and batarangs, and I wasn't even looking for an exploit. Just playing the game normally the guy literally never had the chance to attack me.

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

You are a huge snob if you've played all three Arkham games and you recommend that people skip Arkham Origins.

If having opinions makes me a snob so be it.

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE
It's not like games are free. Arkham Origins costs money and the next proper Rocksteady developed game is right around the corner. The only thing I'd recommend Origins for is the multiplayer and that's completely dead on the PC. (Dunno about consoles)

Origins isn't bad so much as it's extremely bland, and none of the new additions mesh well with the established mechanics at all.

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE

Yardbomb posted:

Arkham Origins has shockingly entertaining MP and I seem to find games pretty quick on PS3 getting into it recently. It's neat, you'd think a game like this would just get some tacked on MP for whatever, but the 3v3v2 system plays out pretty cool usually.

How quick is pretty quick? I've missed the multiplayer since letting my Xbox Live subscription lapse and the PC userbase is completely dead, so if I could get into PS3 matches relatively easily I might go find a cheap used copy.

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE
I wanna thank whoever mentioned the PS3 version's multiplayer still being active, because my copy came in today and I was immediately able to get into a match. Everyone else was like level 200 and I was level 1, but I got to play as Robin and me and the guy playing Batman just wrecked everyone. Ended up with the best K/D of everyone too. Man this multiplayer is a ton of fun.

Edit: Also I'm really glad they remapped the buttons for this game to have the shoulders and triggers do the same things they do on 360, because playing on a DualShock 4 feels really good. Can't imagine using those mushy awful DS3 triggers.

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE
I really liked the DLC characters being more limited because I did them in the order they came out, so by the time I moved on from Batman I'd gotten pretty good at how his stealth works. You have to take more risks and get a little more creative with the other characters because they don't have answers to every possible situation like Batman does. Batman's almost broken in how many tools he has at his disposal.

The only character who I felt was maybe underpowered was Catwoman since she only has three gadgets, but being able to sprint everywhere without making noise is really nice.

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE
I can't find a listing for the American prices, but there's apparently a Premium Edition of the game that bundles it with the season pass. The Season Pass alone is £32.99, while the Premium Edition is £87.98 for console, and £67.98 for PC. That's a pretty significant price difference on PC, hopefully the same will be true in the US.

Edit: Checked on Steam and the Premium Edition is already up, going for the same $99.99 price as the consoles. So instead of buying the game and the pass individually for a combined total of $99.98, you can instead buy a bundle of them together for... $99.99. What the gently caress is even the point.

TechnoSyndrome fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Apr 29, 2015

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE
I'm getting a code for the game with my new 970 so I'm hoping entering it into Steam before the game is out will count as pre-ordering. If I like the game I'll probably snag a season pass from Nuuvem for cheap.

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE

ThermoPhysical posted:

At least there's no multiplayer...glad it's not shoehorned in.

The multiplayer was by far the best part of Origins, and I would have loved to see it polished and iterated on.

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE
I didn't realize Steam had an exclusive skin pack. That's nice I guess, even if it's not actual missions like the PS4.

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

i know its probably not that great but I hate that I will never get to play this, especially since I went out of my way to 100% AA.

If you have the PC version there are mods to put the Joker back in. He's also in the Mac version, because I assume whatever contract they signed with Sony just said "This content cannot ever appear on Microsoft platforms."

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE

Fargin Icehole posted:

I'd like to know this information so i can say gently caress the man 6 years ago, and get content only one goddamn console got.

I think it'd technically be :filez: since you have to download files that were originally from a different version of the game in order to get it to work. It's pretty easy to look up how to do it though, and you can also get the DLC maps that never came to PC that way too.

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE

Sober posted:

WB wants a bigger, more elaborate DLC spreadsheet than watch_dogs

Even though there's already a bunch of DLC I don't think they can top that monstrosity. So many SKUs...

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE
the dedsec edition didn't include the dedsec dlc pack

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Is based on one of the Batmen from the Gotham Knight animated movie.

Mind you, on that version Bruce looked like this

Why would they base it on the absolute worst short in that entire collection. I know the rest of them all use the standard Batsuit but they could've used one of the weird designs from the short with all the kids telling stories about The Batman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE

MinibarMatchman posted:

so is the console version just going to be standard 30fps/1080p fare? I'm assuming it will be as stable as the others, never really had any framerate problems or poo poo graphics with the previous Batman games.

No idea what resolution it'll be running at internally but definitely 30fps. The only 60fps footage that's been shown of the game ever is this video Nvidia put out showing off some of their PC exclusive graphics options. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsjmLNZtvxk

• Locked thread