Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Terminally Bored posted:

I just reached the worst part of the game. It's Mad Hatter's side-quest. Really poorly designed, most of the time I have no idea where to go or which gadget to use. This is nowhere near the quality of Scarecrow sections of Asylum.

Yeah, this side mission was loving awful. It's pretty obvious that they were trying to invoke the feel of the Scarecrow missions from Asylum but it just felt very clunky and difficult to maneuver. It took me for-loving-ever to actually get Batman to hit the lanterns, and the ledge you were supposed to jump on in the next section wasn't clear enough for me to notice it so I spent a frustrating few minutes trying to figure out where I had to go. And I felt like a total douchebag just leaving "Alice" in there crying, even knowing that there wasn't a lot Batman could do with her.

Other than that though, my only real complaint is with the gliding. Having the grapnel boost right out of the gate is nice (if a bit confusing since it was supposed to be a prototype in City) but there's a lot of buildings and ledges that inexplicably can't be grappled. Not the ones that have weird spikey cages on the rooftops, but just plain normal ledges and roofs that Batman, for whatever reason, refuses to grapple to. It makes it more difficult to just glide around the city since navigation becomes a bitch when there's no way of knowing which building Batman can or can't grapple to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

I'm pretty close to being done with the main storyline and there's still two Most Wanted's that haven't activated yet. I've got Mad Hatter, Shiva, Deadshot, Black Mask, Anarky, Penguin, and of course, Riddler so who am I missing and how do I find them?

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

How much longer is it until I get Freeze Grenades? I'm at the hotel, I just finished the rooftop fight with Vikki Vale's helicopter watching.

You're like minutes away from it.

I've got a question for you guys though, why the gently caress are we hunting down Riddler? So he gathered up a bunch of blackmail material and is planning on releasing it to the public. That's not even really extortion because he's not giving them the option to pay him to make it go away. Why the hell should I care that he's going to reveal a bunch of Gotham's worst to be horribly corrupt people? Even if he was previously extorting them for money, him releasing the information to the public doesn't seem like the sort of thing to get mad about.

CuwiKhons fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Oct 27, 2013

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

I finished the main storyline and I have to say, I was originally pretty peeved to hear that Joker was behind it all along, but wow. That was... that was some good stuff. Pretty much everything from Pioneer Bridge to the credits was solid gold. And the Joker "fight" didn't feel like a let down to me, which I've heard some people say it was. If anything, it felt damned appropriate that after the incredibly long night Bats has had, he just slams Joker around like a loving doll. Props to Troy Baker for a really, really good job.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Speaking of Burnley Towers, does anybody know if you can 100% Enigma's Most Wanted side mission without doing it? I found all the comm relays without it but I haven't quite finished picking up all the Extortion Data packets so I'm not sure yet if it's going to stop me from punching Edward.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

ShimSham posted:

Two questions.

1. Enigma Pack, Diamond District in the south end on top of a building with 3 snipers on it. There's a locked pack. With the pack there are three switches to hit with batarangs. Then there are 3 switches right next to them behind a cage that has an open door. But you have to step on a pressure pad to activate the switches, but it only gives you like 4 seconds to hit all six. The first three are easy, but the three behind the partially closed cage? Any help?

Explosive gel will set off Riddler's switches too.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Rookersh posted:

Man, some of the Datapacks are seemingly impossible.

Someone said earlier that explosive gel counts as weight on pressure pads? I've been trying that trick and it doesn't seem to be working.

No, explosive gel counts for the switches you have to hit with batarangs. If it's a pressure pad that you need to stand on, then you need to stand on it.

Relatedly, I can now confirm that you can finish Enigma's entire side mission without unlocking Burnley Tower. You cannot, however, punch him in the face. He's not there

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Is there a way to get markers for the datapacks? I saw one glowing green thug like City had for the trophies, but it didn't let me interrogate him and I've never seen another one.

TheGreySpectre posted:

I think you have to visit the riddler HQ first. At some point though you do get the ability to interrogate the riddler green thugs, this game also marks out the locations of all the green thugs on the map to make interrogating them easier.

The game doesn't tell you this that I recall, but you can also tag data packs the same way you could tag Riddler trophies in AC so you can come back for them later. It's less useful with the Riddler informants being clearly marked on your map but I used it once or twice.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Narcissus1916 posted:

Okay, to hell with these case files. I have completed the final Most Wanted post-story sidequest, AND gotten all of the Pinkney plaques.

And STILL it reads 8/9 case files - 88%

At this point i'm near certain that the game just isn't counting one of them or something -

Here's the eight I have:

Lacey Tower Murders
Coventry Tower Deathtrap
Crime Alley Shootings
Jezebel Plaza Fall
Coventry Fire
Burnley Hit and Run
Amusement Mile Mauling
Dixon Docks Shooting

Any ideas?

Comparing this to my Case File list, you're missing the Helicopter Crash that's part of Deadshot's Most Wanted side mission. If you've done that then I have no idea what's going on.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Beeez posted:

Disagree on the Riddler stuff, I don't like when quests involving collectibles give you no indication as to where collectibles are, like GTA does and Assassin's Creed 2 does.

Having spent a stupid amount of time today going around getting all the Anarky tags and the Pinkney messages, I seriously agree with this. Those are not fun to hunt down without a map.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Red Mundus posted:

If Enigma said he was going to blackmail/extort people with it then yeah, big ethics problem there.

However I chose to interpret it was him just dumping everyone's dirty laundry and letting chaos unfold. And really, considering how corrupt and lovely the GCPD and Gothic City are I was tickled pink at the thought of it happening tbh.

This was my thought too. The game calls it "extortion data" but you're not a very good extortionist if you just release all the loving information to the public. The entire point of blackmail is that they're paying you not to do that. I'm sure Eddie isn't doing it for purely altruistic reasons (and knowing his personality, a large part of it is probably the ability for him to sit back in the aftermath and smugly think "Haha, I caused all of this chaos and nobody could stop me," to himself), but if he was being entirely selfish then he wouldn't be giving up the information that could net him several swimming pools filled with money.

Honestly, I think a lot of the reason Batman stomps all over Riddler's plan in this game is for the same reason he refuses to ask for help from Gordon until he literally has to - Batman just plain doesn't want help. He wants to do it all on his own, whether because he's an anti-social rage machine or because he has a martyr complex is up in the air, but it's not until the end of the game that he's finally willing to accept that he doesn't have to be a one man army. I mean, Riddler's plan will end in tears from basically everyone but himself if it actually goes off without a hitch, but if Batman had been less of a jackass about it, maybe he could have just talked Eddie down and got him to use the info for good instead of mass chaos.

eta - Related to this, is there any clue as to what Edward tells you he "figured out" when you destroy his set up and he talks to you for the last time? I honestly thought it might be Bat's identity since Bane knows it and Edward clearly has some degree of access to Bane's private stuff but that doesn't really make a lot of sense.

CuwiKhons fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Oct 30, 2013

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Neo_Crimson posted:

What's the word on how glicthy this game is? I've seen videos of Aliens: Colonial Marines levels of fuckery.

There's the Burnley Tower glitch and I too have occasionally sent thugs careening through the air with my fists or slamming a guy through the floor while he spasms madly, trying desperately to free himself from the geometry until he eventually falls through the floor into the great unknown, but I personally haven't experienced much in the way of other bugs. That said, if you're planning on getting the PC version, I'd hold off until a patch fixing the more egregious problems comes along. A lot of people have reported lost save files.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

The actual fight with Firefly was kind of routine - it was basically Poison Ivy from AA again. Spam batarangs endlessly, dodge projectiles (fire in this case), replace explosive gel with batclaws and punches, rinse and repeat. But my god, the entire thing was so cinematic that I didn't even care and it never felt like it was being cinematic at the expense of me being in control. And I have to say, his character design was rad as hell. Firefly used to look like a loving moron in BTAS but he looked pretty drat good here.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

They keep saying he's a brand new character, he's probably not anybody we know.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

BreakAtmo posted:

They kept saying the assassins were hired by Black Mask, too.

Well that was Warner Bros. Montreal and they can gently caress right off.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

So, apparently there are people theorizing that the Arkham Knight is Joker's child from Arkham City.

You know, the one that would be one year old if it had actually been born.

Actually it would only be a few months old, given time to gestate.

Batman's greatest enemy! An infant!

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

I liked Origins, but I soured on Warner Bros Montreal when they announced that they were too busy making DLC to fix the disastrous number of bugs in their game. Origins is a genuinely good game, but knowing what I do now about its bug history, I'm not sure I would buy it again.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

doctor 7 posted:

On the one hand this sucks, on the other, other companies do this without actually telling people anything.

Somehow I feel like that's actually better. At least other companies don't say to their customer's faces that they're not interested in fixing the parts of the game you already bought when they could be making poo poo you have to pay for.

Lie to me, man! Give me hope!

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

As much as I like the idea of the Batmobile peeking shyly around corners as it follows you

I would love it if this happened with no explanation for it whatsoever. You leave the Batmobile parked at a particular spot and wander away - a few blocks later you turn the corner and it's right there. You pause and check your map, did you go in a circle? Did you forget where you parked it? The Batmobile is just sitting there, engine off. You spot a group of thugs in the distance and shrug to yourself as you head over to introduce your boots to their skulls. You must have just gotten a bit lost, no big deal. A few minutes later, you finish off the thugs and turn to head back to your car - except it's gone. It's not those few blocks away where you last saw it. Where did it go? You turn back around and it's directly behind you, inches away. Waiting for you. Not a single character in the game behaves as if this is in any way unusual.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Reformed rear end in a top hat detective Riddler, struggling to handle his own mental illnesses and the fact that everybody in the city hates him even when he's trying to help, is my favorite Riddler. But the hyper-aggressive and uncommonly violent version of Riddler they've presented in the Arkham universe would never be able to make that transition anyway. I wish they'd explain how Riddler went from the guy in Origins who ultimately wanted to help Gotham, if in a kind of lovely way, to the guy in Arkham City who is murdering rescue workers just because gently caress you.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

In the comics it was always kind of up in the air (and by that I mean it depended on the writer) if Eddie actually cheated at the puzzles or if he was abused so badly by his father afterwards that he convinced himself he must have. That said, I can totally buy the Arkham universe version of Riddler being a loving cheater because he does it in the drat game. I lost the shell game four times because it didn't even occur to me to use detective vision because it didn't occur to me that Riddler would ever cheat at his own game. The animated universe version of him would have been outraged. That said, I don't know that I'd call what he was doing in Origin's "cheating". Bats isn't a guy who's above a little wiretapping when it suits him.

I dunno. The timespan between Origins and City is pretty vast so I guess over the years he just became more and more of a violent bastard, but going back to play City after having played Origins made them feel like entirely different characters. It's probably just a case of differing writers since Riddler was totally a vicious rear end in a top hat in the Asylum interview tapes. Maybe Warner Bros. Montreal didn't get the memo.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I really don't remember Dick using a bo staff in TAS. I don't even remember him using a weapon as Nightwing.

I think he meant in Teen Titans, which did indeed feature Robin using a bo staff as his signature weapon. It caused a lot of arguments as to whether or not the Teen Titans Robin was meant to be Dick or Tim (Dick was the original founding Robin of the Teen Titans, but the costume and bo staff were definitely Tim's). It was eventually confirmed that he was Dick Grayson but the creators went on record as saying that when he was originally being designed, he was just "Robin" and was just an amalgamation.

The bo staff has always been Tim's signature weapon and these days, Dick's signature weapons are his escrima sticks but I'm not sure when that started because he definitely didn't have them in TAS.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

I am just saying that the first thing I tried when I stole a lead pipe was the beatdown and it was glorious.

I can't wait to hear a justification for how a thug is "unconscious" after getting a lead pipe beatdown.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

AO didn't bomb, it sold pretty well overall, especially in the first few weeks before word got out that it was full of gamebreaking bugs. At a guess, I'd say it dropping price so early for the Winter Sale was to try to salvage sales after word had spread about the bugs and people had soured on it, even though those initial bugs had been patched out.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

FadedReality posted:

Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying it a good deal other than this. Though when the last thing you do playing Arkham City is FINALLY beat Joker's Carnival after an absurd number of tries, playing without the Disarm and Destroy definitely feels like a part of the usual arsenal is missing. For the $12.50 I paid for the game and season pass on GMG, I can look past a handful of dumb rear end design decisions for what feels like Arkham City round two.

The best part is, you get Disarm and Destroy after a sidequest which ends in a very particular location where many, many people have fallen through the world and been unable to get back out, permanently ruining your ability to do anything else on that save file except for challenge maps.

So if Disarm and Destroy isn't literally the very last thing you do in the open world, you might not get to do anything else.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

I've been replaying Arkham City and I have the pettiest loving complaint: I refuse to believe that a tech genius/known hacker like Riddler uses passwords that are real words like "Analytical" or "Genius" or whatever. I know it's just a game design thing but it irks me.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Discendo Vox posted:

Yet more confirmation that Arkham Knight will probably be Todd.

That doesn't make any sense at all. If anything, it probably means that Jason will be a side character who shows up extremely briefly like Tim did in AC and then gets his own DLC pack. There's no logical reason for Jason to be the Arkham Knight given that he's supposedly working for Scarecrow (AK, not Jason, to clarify). Jason is a dick but as far as I know he's never really been about killing off the Batclan.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

I beat Arkham Origins again because whatever, I was jonesin', and it didn't actually occur to me last time just how loving stupid it was that Gordon was mad about Bats apparently killing Bane. Gordon had just shot two criminals holding onto Warden Joseph literally only minutes before, but Batman killing a massive dude who was trying to kill him was totally unacceptable? Especially when the alternative was that Gordon and Joker both fried? I was fine with Gordon being mad about a vigilante running around, that's completely reasonable, but after the bridge Gordon yoyos really rapidly between happy to work with Bats and really mad at him.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

mind the walrus posted:

My guess is that so it's easier for a wider range of girls to cosplay. In the scheme of things I honestly don't think that's a bad thing, and for the record that's not because I find her trashy look particularly appealing.

I don't think anybody designs character outfits specifically with cosplay in mind. If somebody really wants to cosplay as a character, no amount of complicated costuming is going to stop them.

I can't stand what they've been doing to Harley though, in the games or in the comics these days. I don't know how loudly I have to scream "HARLEY ISN'T SUPPOSED TO ACTUALLY BE STUPID, SHE JUST FAKES IT" before somebody gets the point. If I have to hear Batman call Harley dumb in game one more loving time...

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Discendo Vox posted:

Wasn't Quinn a product of Bruce "Pin-up girls are all I know" Timm? Her character was never all that deep- which is not to say that I approve of how she was handled in AC or AO.

Her character was never that deep, no. But she certainly earned a psychology degree (before later writers decided to start saying that she slept her way to that degree, an idea I wish I could set them on fire for) and she was genuinely trying to help Joker before he manipulated her and dragged her down with him. Games and comics making Harley stupid feels a little bit too much like them going "Haha, look at this dumbass, in love with somebody who abuses her, what kind of idiot stays in an abusive relationship? What a moron." Maybe they aren't doing it consciously but it still pisses me off.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Cameron Stewart said that he designed Batgirl's new outfit with cosplayers in mind.

Huh. I'm not sure how I feel about that. I like Batgirl's new outfit a lot, but I liked it partially because it was a move away from ridiculous impractical outfits that were intended more to be sexy than functional. I still like it for that, but now I'm wondering how much of that move was just about making it easier to cosplay

CuwiKhons fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Jul 24, 2014

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

There have been a few comics and at least one episode in the animated series where Harley successfully captured and would have killed Batman and Joker stopped her because he can't stand the idea of somebody else being the one to kill Bats. Batman even mocked Joker by saying that Harley came closer to killing Batman than he ever had.

The thing is that Harley plays dumb precisely because Joker isn't interested in an equal partner. I would argue that Harley probably is smarter than Joker but has learned not to express this and plays dumb muscle because it makes him happier.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

mind the walrus posted:

That's a fundamental problem with superhero comics in general though, especially at DC. It's honestly a work of art how they can play musical chairs with the same characters and pass it off as radically different. A terrifying, septic work of art that shouldn't be supported with money, but a work of art nonetheless.

Six years - six years - Riddler spent as a reformed detective, what I felt was a fascinating look at coping with mental illness, the way society handles rehabilitation, and dealing with old friends who you KNOW are bad for you but god nobody else will talk to you so what do you do? But somebody had a loving boner for Eddie as a supervillain so they ripped that to shreds and had him go back to being a criminal. Harley's also tried her hand at being reformed but nobody ever has the guts to let that poo poo stick.

I hate comic books

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Harley reanimates Ra's al Ghul's robots from hundreds of years ago to beat up Batman in Arkham City, though. And she's the one that overrides security in Arkham Asylum. Even the games acknowledge she's not dumb.

But the game goes out of it's way to call her dumb. Batman says, in both Asylum and City, "Harley thinks she has me trapped here. She never was very bright ". Thugs talk about how loving stupid she is and how much they don't want to work for her if Joker croaks, and yeah, it's not like I think those thugs are the sharpest knives in the drawer themselves but it's still something that people are constantly reinforcing. And in both games she also reveals vital information by just by talking too much, which is definitely supposed to be an indication that she's an idiot. Meanwhile the game doesn't draw attention to the fact that she was the one who gave Joker control of the Asylum or that she fixed up those robots (in fact I completely forgot she did that). They are clever things, but the game really glosses over them.

quote:

That was in the original Mad Love comic, you know? That particular scene just never made its way to the episode.

Then they were smart to have left it out and I don't think that when she was later included in non-DCAU comics that her sleeping with her profs was the version they went with (it's also dumb because really? You think you can sleep your way to a medical degree?). They did later, but I'm pretty sure she was supposed to have legit earned that degree. She was a bit of a glory seeker - she wanted to work with Joker because she thought she could get famous off of him, but that's not the same as being stupid.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

That is the worst loving outfit.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

MrJacobs posted:

Why the hell would Joker even be able to have a kid? He's not really a normal human anymore since falling into acid and is immune to several toxins that would kill a normal dude in addition to his healing factor from constantly losing teeth and having his bones shattered by Batman every other month. Of course the government would be all over that kid for the next suicide squad.

Realistically I would find it incredibly unlikely that Joker wasn't sterile at this point. But the key word there is "realistically". A comic book writer could probably go either way with it - it really is Joker's kid or it isn't so now the drama comes in as to whose it is and Joker being pissed that Harley slept with somebody else (not because he cares about her but because nobody else is allowed to touch his toys).

Tree Huffer posted:

This was something that bothered me in Arkham Asylum, during the audio taped sessions. Even when she was attempting to help the Joker, she still was using her super ditzy, high pitched voice. It wasn't nearly as animated as it is when she's Harley, but it made the change a lot less of a surprise. In the animated series, didn't she put the voice on as even more of an act to get his attention? I recall her having a pretty calm and collected voice.

To be honest, Arleen Sorkin didn't seem to be trying very hard in Arkham Asylum. I wouldn't be surprised if she was just so used to doing Harley's ditzy voice that she didn't even think about it.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Watched Assault on Arkham, what an awful movie. Thanks, DC, you're really going out of your way to demonstrate respect for your female characters with not one, not two, but three topless scenes with Killer Frost and Harley (one of them with Harley being completely nude). Characterization was also genuinely bad and they were throwing swears around just to sound edgy, like Joker walking into a room yelling "I'M HERE BITCHES!"

Do not watch Assault on Arkham, jesus christ.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

Yeah, they're for rescuing people. You actually have to bring people back to the mobile and get them to safety instead of just leaving them in Shithole Town and hoping they survive.

I'm still weirded out that the end of the Mad Hatter mission in Origins has you just leaving "Alice" in the house with an unconscious Hatter. Batman doesn't even call the cops.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Asylum has better atmosphere, but mechanically it's pretty inferior to City and the story is... well City's story wasn't great either but Asylum's story was kind of generic. But the boss fights in Asylum were garbage, fighting the Titan thugs all the time got tedious really fast, and following trails of whatever always felt really hand-holdy to me. Like, you can't think of any other way to hint at where I should go other than "throw detective mode on for the next ten minutes and follow these alcohol clouds"?

Overall I'd say City is the better game, but it definitely lost something in the transition to open world.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

I don't particularly like Joker in any of his incarnations (I often feel like the writers love him so much that he turns into almost as much of a Mary Sue character as Batman is) but the Origins story only got stronger when he showed up and it was my favorite writing of him in pretty much anything. It was such a novel change - Joker having no real interest in Batman other than wanting to kill him so he's out of the way, moving on to "hey you just saved my life, what are you doing, stupid?" and eventually ending in the full blown "Hahahahaha wow you are tons of fun, we're gonna be buddies forever" thing. Even the plan to force Batman to kill Bane was genuinely clever (even if electroshocking somebody back to life is dumb).

God, I loved Origins Joker.

Anti-Hero posted:

Having not played Origins, I'm a little confused as to why Batman's suit is more advanced looking than the suit in AA & AC. Doesn't Origins take place before the previous games? I would think the suit would be more primitive.

There's also no in game explanation for why he has the grapnel accelerator when it was supposedly still being tested in City. Of course, the actual explanation is that Origins is loving huge and it would be a pain in the rear end to get around without it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

redbackground posted:

My main issue(s) with Origins is that at the end of the game, I felt like Batman was pretty drat dumb trying to make sure that none of Riddler's Super Secret Secrets were never revealed to the Gotham public, because...I'm not really sure. When I'm agreeing with what Riddler is doing over the actions of your playable character, something is wrong.

I am totally with you on this, but part of it is probably personal bias because Riddler is my favorite character in the entire Batman mythos, bar none. That said, having had this conversation with people in this very thread before, I think what it comes down to is this: Batman isn't wrong to stop Eddie from releasing all of the data in one fell swoop. There's so much corruption in Gotham that it could lead to a lot of riots. Gotham knows its government and police force are corrupt, but they may not know just how deep it runs and they can pretend it isn't as bad as it is if they don't know the details. And Eddie did kill at least two people as you discover in the first radio tower you have to open up, although Eddie also mentions working with Black Mask at that tower and that never comes up again at ALL, so I think there's something off about that one.

What Bats should have done (and may have done if it was later in his career and he wasn't stuck on the "I'LL DO IT ALL BY MYSELF" thing) is talked Eddie down a bit, maybe got him to release the information gradually and not made an enemies out of each other. Although admittedly, Bats couldn't really have predicted that Eddie would be the extremely obsessive type with an inferiority complex and an incessant need to be right.

• Locked thread