Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

ImpAtom posted:

It's just the Zip Kick from City, isn't it?

It is, but it looked less weird with Robin because while I don't recall if he was actually smaller, he at least looked smaller than most enemies. Red Hood is clearly bigger than the thug he's zip kicking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Frankly if any of the DLCs are like the Catwoman DLC from City, you'd probably prefer to get the game without them. The Catwoman DLC was incorporated into the story and unskippable depending on the version of the game. It was also loving annoying and I haven't replayed Arkham City in awhile just because I don't want to play as Catwoman.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

G-Prime posted:

I'm going to have to disagree with you. I felt like it flowed nicely with the rest of the story going on in that game, and Catwoman was a blast to play. She was different enough that it provided a neat experience, and didn't feel weaker than Batman himself just by virtue of having other tools at her disposal.

I agree that it flowed well fairly well (except for the amount of time between the Ivy mission and the next one), I just don't agree that it was fun to play. But I've never enjoyed playing as light and fast characters as opposed to slower and stronger ones.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

He just gets dirtier and dirtier every game. Riddle me this, Eddie, what is a bath?

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

In City it was pretty understandable that everybody was filthy because hey, they're locked up in a huge prison complex where everything is hosed up and dangerous. He very well might not have had a change of clothes at all. In this it looks like he's lost his marbles so completely that he hasn't bathed or slept or eaten in however long it's taken him to build all the poo poo he's using to gently caress with Bats this go around.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

ThermoPhysical posted:

That video was only viewable on mute...

Rocksteady makes great games but has annoying employees. Holy poo poo.

I wonder if they're actually that obnoxious or if marketing told them to act that nutty.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Chasiubao posted:

Holy poo poo you were not kidding this community manager is insufferable.

Yeah, that's why I think it's probably put on. If he acted like that on a regular basis, I feel like he would have been murdered by now.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Amazon has some preview peeks of the Arkham Universe: The Ultimate Visual Guide and one of them has an interesting allusion to the Knight's identity

It is Jason isn't it?

They're implying Jason so strongly that I almost think it's got to be a red herring. Maybe it's Talia. Now that'd be a twist I'd like to see.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

It's a pointless argument because if anybody like Joker existed in the real world (which is more to say, somebody with his body count who keeps escaping, rather than mass murderers in general who certainly exist in real life), they'd end up dead in their jail cell inside a month. Joker stays alive in the comics because none of the writers want to permanently kill him off, not because it makes sense for him to still be alive.

And while we're on the subject, Scarecrow and Ivy are both domestic terrorists who should be in Gitmo, and if the Gotham PD had a lick of sense, they'd make a crowdsourcing website for Riddler's poo poo and let the public work it out for them.

CuwiKhons fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Jun 8, 2015

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

what the gently caress comic books, what the gently caress

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

redbackground posted:

I'm sure if you wrote out every plot point of Arkham City one-after-another it would sound like a fantastic fever dream as well (this would probably apply to any longform media). Comics are fun because the impossible happens every other panel.

but none of arkham city's plotpoints involve a supervillain loving a midget while inhabiting the body of their archenemy

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

It's also a source of conflict between Bats and Gordon because Barbara was supposed to evacuate but stayed to help out as Oracle.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Somehow I never realized just how old Kevin Conroy must be. My god he looks ancient.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

That cop got everything he deserved for failing to recognize a masked thug standing around talking about fighting Batman. The innocent bystanders in the diner... maybe not so much.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

I'm not real clear on what it was about Joker that was stopping villains from working together before. I mean, I understand why they weren't working with Joker, but what would he care about any of the others working together? I thought the fact that all the villains are assholes who can't get along was what was stopping them from working together.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Alright I see your point, but I still find it odd that nobody thought "conflicting personalities" was also at work there. I mean, Penguin and Two-Face spent the entirety of Arkham City trying to kill each other and now I guess they're bros???

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Fair enough.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

I dunno, that's actually less contrived than the snowstorm. If I knew a terrorist was in the city dropping fear gas bombs everywhere, I'd head for the hills too.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Is somebody going to make a new thread for release? This one is both pretty chunky and primarily about Origins. We're a week away now so if somebody's got the time and desire, they should probably get hoppin'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Hell no, I ain't got that kind of time. I did just find out that despite being located inside a mall that closes at 10, my local Gamestop is doing a midnight release with pizza and tournaments! I'm gonna try to go and do horribly at whatever tournament they've got planned.

• Locked thread