Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

randombattle posted:

Plus most games now a days are day one embargo because launch day patches give them more time to fix problems. Publishers don't want reviews of prepatched games.

The reviewers still get the game well before launch day, day one patches don't really affect reviews that much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Also: Why the hell is Critical Strike now a sidequest reward (and not an immediately available sidequest either)? That poo poo is loving essential.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

VogeGandire posted:

Really, what I can figure is:

If you prefer story over gameplay, Origins.

If you prefer gameplay over story, Asylum.

If you want a Jack-of-all-Trades, City.

That doesn't really work since Asylum has the worst combat of the three Arkham games by far.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

That fight is really easy of you don't try to do anything fancy and just fight like you would fight against a normal group of goons. It's just countering and attacking like always, I got hit maybe once in that fight after I realized that there is no gimmick to it.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

doctor 7 posted:

How do you dodge the dashing though?

In the same way I dodge all unblockable charging attacks, I roll to the side.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I still think both Arkham city and Origins went to the wrong direction with the riddler stuff. Asylum did those much better, but then again I don't think that open world was the right way to go with the franchise either.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Icesler posted:

So I completed almost every side quest and collected probably 90% of the Riddler trophies. I get to the final boss battle and I died on my first attempt with Bane almost immediately after he crushes your back. I reload and skip the long cutscene but it ends up skipping the combat and just goes to the next cutscene. After that cutscene loads with Joker grabbing Gordon, it then loads the cutscene of Bane being resuscitated and taking the experimental venom. We fall through the floor and then gameplay begins with a black screen and a prompt to use the shock gloves to save Bane. After the prompts are finished, it loads to a black screen. I can pause the game and see my surroundings but when I unpause, its just black. Restarted from the last checkpoint causes this series of events to happen all over again. I cannot progress and finish the game now. Bane seems to have vanished.

gently caress you devs. I just wasted all that time going for 100% completion.

I just got this same bug. Don't really know what to do.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Steam just downloaded an update and the final boss bug is fixed now.

Or maybe it didn't fix it since it since the final boss doesn't seem to show up at all. Goddamnit.

Andrast fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Nov 1, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

You can just give yourself all the steam achievements you want with steam achievement manager, if you feel so inclined.

• Locked thread