Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

cram me sideways posted:

He's written the same article for about every single big AAA game that's come out in the past six months and it's the same: Wahhhhhhhhhhhh, I can't have the entire game in my hands at launch,

I'm having a hard time figuring out what's so objectionable about that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Whether he's an idiot or not, I have to admit that chopping the content up all over the place is worrisome considering how Arkham Asylum GOTY didn't have the Joker exclusive.

And Origins didn't have Knightfall DLC on Steam either, to my recollection.

That was Playstation-exclusive poo poo, though, which is kinda different.

I'm praying that this'll be easy to round up after launch - like how Arkham City distributed all the skins in its $5 skin pack individually amongst a billion different sources - but I don't blame people for being worried. Also you're delusional if you think the PS-exclusive "Scarecrow missions" aren't just gonna be of the same quality of the endless skeleton fight Asylum had.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Keeku posted:

Looks like they put at least a bit of effort into it...

The trailer is made entirely of standard gameplay animations we've seen from other trailers/Arkham games with creative camera angles.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

I got to play a bit of Akrham at the conference if people want answers to some questions:

The "team-up" stuff is only specific missions it seems. You hear about it beforehand and Nightwing or whoever shows up. You get a new Takedown which swaps between characters.

The biggest change to predator mode (in the demo) is the fear mechanic being a bit more important. You charge your Fear bar by doing regular takedowns and can use it to use multi-takedowns. There are also now different kinds of predator modes. (The demo one was a bank robbery where your loud takedowns couldn't be heard but the criminals were grabbing money and looting so if you were too slow they got away and you failed.)

Did you get to try the challenge rooms? Is the team-up stuff there, and can you pick and choose what you want from it? (e.g. choosing to go solo or picking one of the four team-ups?)

• Locked thread