Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.
Decided I didn't care about the multiplayer, so I got the Wii U version for $10 cheaper. Shame they took out some of the Gamepad interactivity from Armoured Edition, like doing hacking by hand. But I still love having the map open at all time - I was able to clear out all the relays in an area really quickly without having to pause out to a map screen all the time.

Oh my god, I laughed so hard at Mad Hatter's invitation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

CuwiKhons posted:

There was a Riddler story I wish I could remember the name of (it was from the 70s or 80s I think) in which he was hired to do security for this corporation because who was going to get past the Riddler's security walls? And it works out pretty well at first, but the CEO is a huge rear end in a top hat to Riddler and treats him like he's a mad dog on a leash so Riddler eventually bites back and constructs so many tricks and traps that nobody, including the CEO, can get through the building and Batman has to be called in.

It was a really interesting story because it showed a side of Riddler that I wish we saw more of - the side where he's really just having fun with the whole thing. He's never angry at any point in the story. He's irritated at worst with the CEO and he gets over it pretty fast when he decides to ramp up the traps. Even when Batman gets involved, Riddler goes through all the traps with him, watching him solve them and just being amused by the whole thing. It's clear that he wasn't out to hurt anybody, he didn't expect any of the random office workers to get mauled by a shark (one of the rooms had a shark tank, because Eddie really goes all out on traps), he was just trying to piss the CEO off really badly and make his life difficult.

"Run, Riddler, Run," I believe.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

kalonZombie posted:

Speaking of which, aside from the one story suggested earlier, is there any other good Scarecrow stories?

I always liked the Scarecrow story from No Man's Land where he's working to turn a group of people hiding out at a church against each other. Without access to his fear chemicals, he just becomes the most manipulative bastard he can to create fear.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

kalonZombie posted:

There was that one time he turned into the Scarebeast.

We don't talk about that.

I'll talk about that. Because I thought the first half of the "As The Crow Flies" storyline was loving fantastic. Just a cool, "street level" kind of Batman story where he's investigating mobsters losing their goddamn minds and going on rampages. Turns out, it's because Scarecrow is working for Penguin and Cobblepot is trying to use the fear toxins to keep his underlings in line. It's a cool premise with an interesting dynamic on the villains because Penguin just treats Crane like complete poo poo through the whole thing, constantly reminding him that "this isn't some supervillain team-up, you work for me. Now take that ridiculous costume off."

But by the end of the storyline, you've got Crane turning into a giant monster, a pre-Under The Red Hood Jason Todd sighting, oh, and Scarecrow's meek little lab assistant? Turns out not only can she exhale nerve gasses that turn people into monsters, but she can loving fly for no goddamn reason at all.

Makes me want to start a thread in BSS about comic runs that started strong and then fizzled out or lost their way before the end.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

The news item I saw about the DLC mentioned "legendary batmobile skins." That's got the me very close to considering the $100 version.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Kurtofan posted:

Can you get the Tumbler??

No idea, the news item I saw didn't name any specifically.

My ideal list -

The Tumbler
89 Keaton-mobile
Adam West-mobile
Animated series
Norm Breyfogle's high tech 80's mobile
Killing Joke Batface on the front

EDIT - Now that I think about it, where it says a skin as opposed to a new model, would the really long models like BTAS and 89 be possible?

Perry Normal fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Apr 28, 2015

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Quickly Robin, back to the $60 version!

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

I think that latest trailer would be fine if they made it clear that these were people in Gotham being inspired by Batman in some way, and not some fire fighter who's totally jazzed to go die in that blaze because he's been playing Arkham Knight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

I stopped following the other thread after spoiler tags started showing up just in case, so somebody probably already mentioned this somewhere before, but whatever. I've been replaying Arkham Asylum a little the last few days to ramp up to the new one and I noticed something pretty cool. The first shot of AA is a sky, then the batsignal appears and the camera slowly pans downwards to the same Pauli's Diner from the opening of AK that they showed at E3. They both start in the same spot.

• Locked thread