Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Falsey
Nov 21, 2010

The False Face mask scared younger viewers.
:anime: :pipe: :baby:
I'm playing on hard and this Bane fight is kicking my arse.

The turning circle on his charge is so drat tight and no matter how well you time your dodge it ends up depending entirely on whether some goon is standing next to you that you'll vault over and not get far enough away. Plus if you happen to get the venom animation when you're up against a wall he's basically guaranteed at least two free hits because you can't maneuver out of the spot in time.

Ugh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Falsey
Nov 21, 2010

Yay for game breaking bugs just before the end of the game!

I'm at Blackgate. There's a bit where you need to use a remote batarang to charge a switch so that the water level rises, then you can make a platform and bust through the wall. The thing is, I charged the switch and it played the animation, but there's no water. I know I've done it right because I looked up a video just now. I tried reloading and now Batman keeps saying I need to charge the switch to raise the water but the drat button doesn't work to start the electricity. Anyone experienced this?

edit: found a solution. Despite the gate being closed and Batman constantly ranting about needing to raise the water, throwing a glue grenade spawned one in mid-air anyway.

Oh god he won't stop. He's still going on about it in the middle of a fight far beyond that section.

Falsey fucked around with this message at 11:39 on Oct 28, 2013

Falsey
Nov 21, 2010

Aim around into the nothingness and hopefully there will be a sweet spot where the crosshair will change into the little glue icon.

Falsey
Nov 21, 2010

Aaaaaand the game froze in the cutscene after the last boss. This game.

Falsey
Nov 21, 2010

All bugs aside, I really enjoyed this. It's definitely the case that I feel like they can only get away with this once, in terms of fobbing off the development to another team, but the game fit perfectly into the end-of-console-generation groove. It's competent without throwing any major updates in, it retains the atmosphere of the first two while reusing some elements of both, and it actually beats out those games in terms of telling a good story. I liked the fact that the main storyline had maybe 4 villains involved in all the scheming and the rest of them were delegated their own little stories. City felt like a mess in that regard.

I can't wait to see what Rocksteady are working on. The dream is to one day be on the side of the river in the background that seems to actually be a functioning city.

• Locked thread