Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bizarre Echo
Jul 1, 2011

"I am pleased that we have differences. May we together become greater than the sum of both of us."
From the videos I've seen, it looks like Arkham Origins is basically a rehash of Arkham City's mechanics, straight down to the animations. And I'm completely okay with that. Can I count on being able to preorder this on Steam? I want to get my Deathstroke on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bizarre Echo
Jul 1, 2011

"I am pleased that we have differences. May we together become greater than the sum of both of us."

Jerusalem posted:

If it turns out anything like Asylum and City (maddeningly) did, then the PC release will come out a couple of weeks after the console release, but there will definitely be a pre-order for it on Steam. Is it using Games for Windows Live or have they quietly just dumped that out?

Yeah, I wouldn't mind never seeing Games for Windows Live again, especially on a game already running out of Steam.

Bizarre Echo
Jul 1, 2011

RyokoTK posted:

Well I doubt there will be another jump so substantial as that. How do you escalate beyond Arkham City? Arkham County? Arkham Country? Big-rear end Arkham World?

According to DC One Million, that would be Arkham Pluto of the 853rd century. The game's plot will be advertised as focusing on Starman's betrayal of Justice Legion A to Solaris, the Tyrant Sun, but it'll turn out that Starman was actually the Joker in disguise the whole time.

I'm playing on PC, and does anyone know if there's a way to turn the taser fists off? I really, really don't like what they do to the flow of combat and how they'll sometimes turn themselves on if I strike too fast coming off a block. Is it possible to alter the flag saying I've acquired them, or change the activation buttons to something I never use like scroll lock and print screen?

Bizarre Echo
Jul 1, 2011

Reason posted:

Hope next game the Arkham Knight is gordon batman in robosuit

Fixed that for you.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

new arkham insider. things confimered. thugs dont dodge well cars well. also closer quick look at firefly. also the gamer is longer the both city and asylum.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffQrFevUtu4

I'm catching up on this late, but in the brawl in Chinatown, did anyone else catch flashes of light as Batman hit people? And the meter that fills up on the left side of the screen? That all looked like the taserfists from Origins.

I hated the taserfists from Origins. Someone please tell me I'm wrong.

Bizarre Echo
Jul 1, 2011

On keyboard and mouse you triggered them by hitting left and right click at the same time, or at least close enough to the same time that I triggered them repeatedly without meaning to. I just didn't like how they trivialized fights. I really enjoyed trying to beat my own high score in all the AC challenge rooms, but for AO I ended up only doing the Deathstroke rooms because of the taserfists.

• Locked thread