Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

cram me sideways posted:

Ben Kuchera is shaking. Literally shaking because of all these god drat pre-order dlcs.

He's written the same article for about every single big AAA game that's come out in the past six months and it's the same: Wahhhhhhhhhhhh, I can't have the entire game in my hands at launch, my stupid old daddy hands streaked with tears and baby poo poo I have to wipe constantly (he does not know if the tears and poo poo belong to him or his children, who have stolen away his precious gaming time like videogame vampires, the little shits). Please do not buy the game and play it in front of me while I have to play with these stupid loving Playmobil toys with my dumb kids; the game is probably stupid and boring anyways. You're the idiot for playing it at launch.

That article and his parenting articles combined just really give off this incredible sense of sour grapes.

lmao at this post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

Narcissus1916 posted:

Would you rather pay $90 straight out of the box?

I'm fine with DLC and see it as a necessary economic part of the industry.

Now, releasing games that are so glitchy and unplayable and broken until months after the launch date... that's a horrid practice that really needs to stop.

that's also a necessary economic part of the industry in a sense

• Locked thread