Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

When SEO just isn't enough.
Anyone else run into the glitch with the Industrial District Comm Tower in origins where you smash the thing but the gate doesn't unelectrify? I've tried quitting and reloading but it just doesn't work. YT footage has confirmed it's meant to turn off. Pretty annoyed.

Zsinjeh posted:

Did they change it from the previous iterations? In case you didn't play or remember from then: make sure to get into the flow and don't push twice when you intend to just do one just one move. If you find the timing right everything should be Critical Strikes. It's essentially just rewarding you for keeping your cool in a fight and not frantically bashing. I think there was even a special sound when you got a crit, but it wasn't a required combo or move or anything like that.

Full disclosure: I haven't played Origins yet so I'm sorry if they completely changed it and I'm talking out of my rear end.

It seems it's an upgrade but I don't see it in the upgrade lists. Could be it's one of the ones that is story related?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

Veotax posted:

Did you smash both consoles? The other is a little hidden.

I'm dumb!

Reading about the other bug made me paranoid I guess.

I think this game is real neat.

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

So does the Season Pass come with ANY content "right out of the box".

By which I mainly mean costumes.

Yes, I will pay money for Batman costumes. Yes, I am ashamed.

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

FAT WORM OF ERROR posted:

So how many costumes are there to unlock? :getin:

Quoting because I'm also curious, and if anyone can share how to unlock them.

Is there any way to unlock markers for the Anarky tags or those plaques? Gotham is a big place to be exploring with no pointers.

Also, is anywhere offering some sort of deal on the Season Pass? As it's mostly content that'll be out later, it seems a bit pointless to buy it without any discount at all. I'm think maybe £10ish as my price point.

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

It seems NG+ doesn't start you with any of the story-earned gadgets, unlike City, which is kind of a shame.

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

So I have the objective Gain Access To The GCPD Via The Roof not going away no matter what I do. I still seem to be able to progress through the game, but the marker remains on the map, as well as the text on the map screen for current objective and in loading screens.

What should I do? Will this lead to problems?

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

I'm having trouble with the Worst Nightmare propane tank thing.

Can this be done in normal combat encounters by the way? I'm at the start of the Steel Mill in NG+ and there are two tanks in that area.

The description suggests using batclaws and gel to get a bunch of dudes on the ground, but they always end up super spread out, and it's not enough time to get it over to them.

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

Well, I've encountered what might be a new gamebreaking bug.

In the fight with Bane in Blackgate, during the section where Batman must shock glove Bane to death I lost the fight. Upon reloading, the cutscene where what I need to do is explained. I tap B to skip it and suddenly the next cutscene plays, where Bane is revived and becomes Mega Bane. The camera shows this boss, in the boss area he is meant to be in but covered in darkness. The camera pans up to the actual fight I should be doing and everything is there, but the dialogue from the wrong fight is playing, and I no longer seem to have any use of the shock gloves, which should make it impossible?

I quite out and back in and the same thing happened.

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

RadicalWall posted:

That sucks... but you should record it.

The good news is that it's literally the end of the game and you can just go look up the last three minutes on youtube.

But it was NG+ and I want to do everything ever because I am malcontent with my life and I need, crave, the escapism the Batman games give me. I need to reach 100% to win the game's approval, and only then can I move on. Only then will it be satiated.

Video contains late-game spoilers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzIQFAILyBw

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

For those experiencing the final boss bug with the skipped cutscene and Batman being in a different location to the Boss, I also experienced this but was able to get around it. This may or may not work for you, but here is what I did:

I restarted from the last checkpoint, didn't skip the cutscene this time and the game still skipped to the next cutscene, but by sitting through that and doing nothing the game seemed to recognize something was wrong and jumped straight to the death taunt/reload screen. I sat through the initial cutscene again (Jim Jim Jim Jim Jim Jimbo!) and this time the initial boss-fight reloaded as it should, and the game ran as it was supposed to from that point on.

Until they release the hot-patch for this, I just suggest trying this to see if you can get it to work for you - though of course maybe I was just lucky.

Wow, great find, worked for me!

I even skipped the cutscenes after getting the janky bit over with, tempting fate, and it worked.

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

Somehow AngstyFerrets didn't know the Joker was in it either, like some of the others in this thread.

I tried to avoid a lot of spoilers, but with billboards and things showing his face everywhere I don't know how anyone wouldn't think he was in it. I always thought it was constantly billed as "when the Batman and Joker first meet".

I really liked the crime re-construction bits when the Joker felt legitimately creepy and mysterious -- unpredictable, even. But then it got a bit so-so.

The Firefly stuff was great, and I think the whole assassin's thing played out really well. Not sure how they'd shove it into the increasingly-complex-Arkham-games-mythos, but I'd dig an open world setting with numerous villains that you could tackle in any order. Each with their own "turf" so to speak. Maybe a Mega Man element with upgrades.

As I understand it that Blackgate game is a bit like that?

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

I've been having a bit of an easier time with the challenge maps since the patch. Don't know if that's an actual thing or if I'm just in a better zone.

I did a recording. I also read fanfiction over it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qWLfQlw5PU

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

Just to be clear, everyone does know you can use the B+Y takedown on Bane right? The other goons can help you get the takedown available quicker so it's not actually that bad.

I thought the Pinkney conclusion was a bit flat, really. Is there anything like the hidden room in Asylum or boat in City in this?

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

You could convert those saves to the Steamworks version, by the way. I did it for City, and I'm pretty sure the tool I used supports Asylum as well.

I just could not get it to work and I gave up.

Still, guess it could be fun to replay anyway.

For the sixth time or so.

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

MMAgCh posted:

Yeah, I had to engage in quite a bit of fiddling to get my AC saves to work—the conversion tool someone posted on the Steam discussion hub didn't work, nor did the instructions for manually hex-editing the files. (Or rather, I had to use the instructions for AA, for some reason.)

So to be clear you hex-edited the file with the instructions given for Asylum and it worked fine?

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

MMAgCh posted:

Yes. I deleted everything before the first 00 00 00 03 00 string and that did the job.

The program (as in, City) always locks up for me after pressing start after doing the hexing.

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

MMAgCh posted:

After editing the save, you're not accidentally saving it in some other file format? Did you create new, blank saves for every slot you want to use and overwrite them with the edited files? You might also want to turn off cloud synchronisation, as I've heard that this can mess with things as well.

I don't know what to tell you otherwise—AC spent a lot of time crashing on trying to read my edited saves as well until I managed to delete the correct bit of the files as mentioned earlier. :(

It seems "farrallth-save0" reappears every time on startup. Possibly a cloud thing I guess.

e:
Even without that it still just locks up every time. Weird.

PoshAlligator fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Nov 7, 2013

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

MMAgCh posted:

Sounds like the cloud is messing with you, yeah. For the Steam version at least I don't think saves are even supposed to be named like that, just plain saveX.sgd (at least they are for me).

From what I understand it's the GFWL naming convention. I just don't get it.

It's annoying as I'd been gunning for 100% challenges and was quite close.

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

MMAgCh posted:

Yeah, GfWL saves are prefixed with your GfWL user name (in some cases, at least, because mine weren't—how come? Because GfWL is dumb, I guess), but the Steam ones shouldn't be, or aren't for me at least.

Wish I know what's wrong in your case; I'd be pretty pissed if my saves couldn't be salvaged, given how much time I spent on that AC.

Problem solved!

If anyone is having the same issues, there can be multiple "00 00 00 03 00" strings. For some reason I thought it was just the first, but apparently it won't work unless you delete from the furtherest one you can find.

But I'm not as far with the challenges as I remembered. Completion of 95%.

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Also, does anybody else absolutely hate the Overflow and Overflow Extreme challenges? That crowded little space just infuriates me.

Definitely the hardest for me.

The challenge maps, especially the earlier ones, seem to be a lot tougher to meet the medal requirements than in City where you could get scores ridiculously higher than required with ease.

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

I would love Rocksteady to drop the Arkham continuity for a second and put out a Batman: The Brave and the Bold game in the same engine or whatever.

They could easily make it look completely different with bold, bright colours and cel-shading (is that what the kids still use these days) or whatever.

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

The only real way to triple medal Carnival is to not cash-out and make your way through all the levels without getting hit, where it auto-cashes you a straight million. That's the real challenge of the map.

It's not too bad if you take out the special additions quickly, control the gun (which is the most annoying part of the challenge), abuse flips to get the big guy with the sickle(?) and then keep the titan in lock-down with stuns. Once the titan is taken care of, or sometimes even partway through, you'll get the million.

It's probably easiest as Batman because you can let a goon pick up the gun and then destroy it.

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

Keeku posted:

I don't know why I need to explain this: I was doing it to actually listen to what Calandar Man had to say too.

I couldn't agree with you more, but incase you need it I posted this map a couple pages back: http://imgur.com/ZUrvr6U

Thanks for the guide!

Not being able to use the XE suit in Challenge Mode is kind of weak. Not to mention not having the suits from Arkham City available in Challenge Mode despite being in multiplayer?

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

BreakAtmo posted:

MacGregor's Syndrome. Arrow recently had an episode where, hilariously, the Clock King was referenced as dying from it.

Wasn't it Clock King's wife that was dying from it, which gave him a sort of Mr. Freeze vibe?

CaptainMidnight posted:

In my opinion it sucks that Batman Arkham Knight will only be for the PS4, XBox One and PC. Why leave the people that have the Xbox 360 and PS3 out in the cold? Just make a disk for the Xbox 360 and PS3. Sony and Rocksteady would profit greatly from it. Opinions?

I love reading about the Arkham games in this thread, though I haven't played any of them yet because I'm still waiting for them to finally release PS2 versions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

The argument of "this is realistic" would work better if they were fully realized and well-rounded characters but they're not. They make goofy-rear end puns, have arguments over the name of the video game and in general are T-rated goofy generic goons. They can't even use foul language because of the game's rating. Nobody would notice it if they just went "We're gonna get you, Catwoman!" like they do to Batman.

I think some people seem to have a hard time both enjoying video games and also looking at them critically at the same time.

The Catwoman stuff is straight-up uncomfortable to be playing around other people.

• Locked thread