Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Action Tortoise posted:

I heard the game is set in Christmas as a Die Hard reference. I really hope there's some Die Hard parallels to the plot.

This is one of the things I'm most excited for, because even if it's not in any way related to Die Hard, dammit I'm gonna act it like it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

Make it be Friday already :mad:

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

Ten minutes in. Good start.

(it's not really a spoiler, but just in case)

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I liked how Batman was like "I can't take down all these armed cops" and then I took them all down because I'm Batman goddammit :black101:

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

Getting the beat Shiva without taking any damage achievement was a gigantic pain. On the plus side, I can probably transcribe the cutscene before the fight from memory.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

If you Beat the Average in the WB Humble Bundle, you get some DLC skins for Origins:

quote:

The Millennium Skins Pack for Batman™: Arkham Origins contains six bonus skins based on a variety of classic and modern storylines pulled from the comics*. The content can be used in challenges maps, as well as the single-player campaign upon completion of the main story and in multiplayer for players that reach Level 2.

Included in the pack are:
Red Son Batman
Blackest Night Batman
1st Appearance Batman
New 52 Graphic Batman
Batman™: Noe
One Year Later Robin
(available in multiplayer mode only on PS3, Xbox 360 and PC)

Developed by WB Games Montréal, Batman: Arkham Origins is based on DC Comics’ core Batman license and introduces an original prequel storyline set several years before the events of Batman: Arkham Asylum and Batman: Arkham City. Taking place before the rise of Gotham City’s most dangerous criminals, the game features an expanded Gotham City and showcases a young and unrefined Batman as he faces a defining moment in his early career as a crime fighter that sets his path to becoming the Dark Knight. As the story unfolds, players will meet many important characters for the first time and forge key relationships. The online multiplayer mode is developed by Splash Damage.

*Please Note: Requires Batman: Arkham Origins base game to play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

Phylodox posted:

What if you couldn't even do beatdowns?

Batman: Arkham Prelude: You play as 12-year-old Bruce Wayne. You have no gadgets and no particular skill at fighting. You must navigate the day-to-day life of a disgustingly wealthy young boy trying to cope with teachers, bullies, and the crushing, debilitating hopelessness of being an orphan in a world that doesn't care. Revolutionary new fighting system allows only for petulant slapping and shin-kicking. Help young Bruce do his homework, cope with his depression, and uncover the mystery behind the new transfer student in his homeroom class HINT: It's the Joker.

If there was a Bully remake that made Jimmy as Bruce and Gary as the Joker, I'd probably pay, like, 200 dollars for that.

• Locked thread