Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Huh. Never heard of them before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Are those Black Mask goons?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Hopefully Sionis gets a decent portrayal this time!

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Dapper_Swindler posted:

apparently he gets more and more grotty as the game goes on,

Arkham Riddler needs some serious help. He's set up, like, 700+ trophies and multiple challenges just so he can say "Haha, I'm smarter than you."

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

hiddenriverninja posted:

"So... moving to disarm and disable for armed enemies... you don't need to know that"

This bothered me so much about Arkham City. :argh:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

This is the first alternate costume that doesn't look awful.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

"Dasvidanya, comrade."

Seriously, though, this costume is the best one from Origins.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Yeah, I've never been a fan of the ERMAGAWD LOOK HOW COOL THIS IS commentary.

Batman knocking out that guy in the holding cell was fantastic, though. :allears:

Edit: I think Firefly's burns are more exposed in this new costume. Wouldn't you want to not expose those to air?

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Jun 5, 2015

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Or sedated.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Batman will save someone from being killed by vehicular homicide.

You'll then be able to shock/run over the near victim when you return to gameplay. :v:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

CuwiKhons posted:

They're implying Jason so strongly that I almost think it's got to be a red herring. Maybe it's Talia. Now that'd be a twist I'd like to see.

This is what I've been semi-expecting.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

It'd be great if there was a Scarecrow illusion where Arkham Knight takes off his helmet and reveals the Joker's head and starts taunting Batman about how he should be happy that he's alive since now he can go back to killing people. And how Batman was sad over the passing of a guy who killed tons of people, never really doing anything to stop him and even going out of his way to attempt saving his life.

Of course, the Arkham Knight wouldn't REALLY be the Joker, but I think that'd be a good way to hammer home one of the major flaws in Batman's moral creed.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Not so much "Why didn't you kill me", but "Why are you so compelled to keep me alive when you see the threat I cause".

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

So the real enemy of Batman isn't the Joker, but the Joker's writers. Got it.

Also, I'm not sure if that's demon Joker or Mr. Fantastic Joker. :stare:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Personally, I'm fine with Batman for not killing him seeing as he's a vigilante only allowed to operate because of his non-lethal methods. I think it's Gotham who's incompetent as a whole for letting Joker exist in any shape or fashion. Surely he's done enough now that an insanity plea wouldn't hold water.

Then again, Batman would pretty much stop anyone who tried to kill the Joker if the writers themselves didn't, so there's that.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Never read Superior Spider-Man, but I heard that writer got a ton of death threats.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

ayn rand hand job posted:

No, it just had master tactician Bane being surprised that Batman actually went around destroying supplies of Titan after recruiting him to destroy Titan supplies.

And then showing Batman his own supply of Titan immediately after that.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Mzbundifund posted:

Does it explain why he wears a luchador mask for no reason?

First the Batman.

Then the WWE.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I dunno, Scarecrow can be pretty cool.

One of best Scarecrow stories I ever read was one where Scarecrow announces his plans to release an extremely potent form of Fear Toxin into the air on Halloween or something and watch the resulting panic in the streets. So everyone freaks out and tries to get out of town, Batman shows up to fight Scarecrow and asks for the antidote.

And then he realizes that there was never any Fear Toxin at all. He let the masses work themselves into a frenzy on their own.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

blackguy32 posted:

What's sad is that I had no idea about most of these villains since my biggest experience with Batman has been the Animated Series and the movies. When I first played Arkham Asylum, I was like, "Zsasz? Who the gently caress is Zsasz?"

He's in Knightfall, which is where I knew him from, but he looks radically different there. He has hair, for one thing.

And he was also a very minor character in Batman Begins.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Batman starting out as a loner and slowly warming up as the Bat-Family expands is one of those things I really like.

I know he'll probably never fully get over his parents' death since it happened right in front of him, but I do like the idea of Batman not donning the cape and cowl because of his obsession over his dead family and more a desire to protect the new one.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I bet Spider-Man Noir would make for a great Spider-Man game, though it'd probably crib heavily off of the Arkham series like in Shattered Dimensions.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Yeah, I guess the reason people can say Origins has the best plot is because it establishes a relatively simple problem for Batman: "Stop the assassins and prevent these explosives from going off."

Compare that to Joker's whole "I'm shipping my super AIDS out to every hospital and somehow no one tests this anonymously donated blood before injecting it into thousands of people." thing from Arkham City.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Kin posted:

Christ, suspend some disbelief already.

I demand the utmost realism from my stories involving a clown injecting himself with Hulk serum. :colbert:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Captain Boomerang exists and we have Lantern costumes. Chances are that this is pre-Justice League or the other heroes just haven't had reason to stop by.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

CharlestonJew posted:

The biggest letdown is that some of the audio logs mention Strange spends most of his spare time staring at a Batman costume he made himself and crying constantly, so you never actually get to fight Strange while he's wearing his crappy little batsuit.

I'm not sure whether the idea of Hugo Strange pulling out his Batsuit hidden in the back of his closet and crying over it is the most hilarious thing or just sad.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Oh, I know Bat-Strange is a thing from the comics. I mentioned in the Arkham City thread it'd be great if we'd had a boss fight against him.

I'm just saying the idea of him putting on the Batsuit, sitting down in his chair, and crying about how unworthy he is seems so pitiful. Or unintentionally hilarious.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Did someone ask for more cheesy trailers?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2JnYl5v8Qs

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

Kevin Conroy has voiced Batman so long that if his parents had been murdered in Crime Alley on the day he first became Batman he would already be on his third Robin.

Actually, I think he is on his third Robin. There were two in TAS and now there's Troy Baker.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

"The page you requested cannot be displayed right now. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page."

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Well, considering there are multiple endings, that could just be one result. Alternatively, that could just be a Game Over quote from a villain.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Well, a new game is always more exciting, I'd say. Just keep in mind that Origins has some annoying glitches and doesn't have the same level of polish as City.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Whether he's an idiot or not, I have to admit that chopping the content up all over the place is worrisome considering how Arkham Asylum GOTY didn't have the Joker exclusive.

And Origins didn't have Knightfall DLC on Steam either, to my recollection.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VymQrOoLww

Looks like someone got Resident Evil in my Arkham Series.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Jun 16, 2015

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Is it just me, or did anyone else see Candy sitting at one of the tables?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

In a surprising twist, the Arkham Knight is Black Mask and he usurps the title of main villain from Scarecrow.

poptart_fairy posted:

Got to admit this is the first time I'm going to wait a little before getting an Arkham game and see what the reviews say, before jumping in at full price. The more I think about it the less enthused I am with the vehicular and tag-team stuff. Hopefully those features aren't as big a part of the game as I think they are.

What's wrong with the tag-teaming?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

The Fury Firefly Demo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOuIs3zp9Wc

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

CuwiKhons posted:

Alright I see your point, but I still find it odd that nobody thought "conflicting personalities" was also at work there. I mean, Penguin and Two-Face spent the entirety of Arkham City trying to kill each other and now I guess they're bros???

It's apparently explained in the tie-in comics. Then again, Harley decided to work with Penguin on a whim and pretty much won him over with a kiss, so there's that.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

CharlestonJew posted:

in that gameplay demo did Batman just knock out that Riddler informant then immediately run him over with the Batmobile?

I think you'll find that he was harmlessly tazed out of the way. :v:

But seriously, that guy is dead.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Jun 17, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Someone in the comments on that video said that Firefly says something to the effect of "You'll pay for leaving me on that bridge" during the video, though I couldn't confirm that myself.

If that's true, that's weird. You'd think Batman would have fought Firefly more than once.

• Locked thread