Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Is it just me, or does this game run better on higher graphic settings than Arkham City did? I have a 660ti, and can turn everything up with the exception of AA which is FXAA high, and the game runs like butter. AC was constantly chugging if I had DX11 tessellation activated. Man this is good so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

WirelessPillow posted:

I played Arkham City two days ago with a GTX 660 and there was way more frame loss and stutter than in Origins.

That's how i'd describe my AC experience with that card. Stutter. The framerate was "smooth" for the most part, but would just get jerky for no reason. Turning off DX11 features helped make it a solid 60fps experience. Looks like they squeezed every bit of performance out of this engine, and i'm thankful. I expected AO to run much worse. I love Batman so loving much.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Is any of the Season Pass DLC day one? I want to wait til there's actually DLC released before buying it.

No, but gently caress it I bought it anyway. Then, when cool DLC is announced, I get to say "I own that poo poo" months before release. There is power in that.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Can someone tell me wtf is the actual key combo for the aerial attack on shielded dudes. I had this problem in AC, and I have it here. The instructions are something like b->a, a. Does that mean b+a, a, or b, a, a, or something else entirely? I can get it to work, but no reliably, and usually only when the riot dudes are the last men standing.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Russad posted:

B to cape stun, then double-tap A.

Ah, so it's a timing/animation thing. Not so much a "push these buttons in order" thing. That should make things easier, thanks!

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Something i'm not sure I care for about Batman as a whole is his emotional stability regarding his parents death. Would seeing your parents get killed really gently caress you up that bad, to make you want to turn into a bat? And if it did, wouldn't Alfred's first duty as his guardian be to commit that crazy bastard in Arkham? I think I prefer how Batman Begins deals with his pscyhe by showing how his parents death simply lead to a series of events that made him Batman, rather than the idea that Batman is thinking about his dead parents constantly while fighting thugs. When put in that light....Batman is loving creepy.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

This would be funnier if they actually worked in that Batman doesn't kill people but...still....funny as hell!

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

redbackground posted:

Something is going to be announced New Year's Eve:

source

This reminds me of the flyers for the Cobblepot parties at the Iceburg lounge, i'm expecting a Cobblepot blacktie partycrashing DLC.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

HenessyHero posted:

Just fess up and make it explicitly the Riddler this time.

Then we can collect 420 pairs of Joker Teeth!

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

boo_radley posted:

Mark Hamill just did a reddit ama and answered a few Joker questions.

I thought this might be kinda dumb for whatever reason, but I laughed my rear end off at the "cock knocker, purple light saber" bit. Thanks for the link!

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

BreakAtmo posted:

Or not, since Origins was great. Not perfect, but it was essentially AC's gameplay + excellent story.

This. If this game is filler, then so be it, it's the best filler game out there and my personal favorite of the 3 by a narrow margin.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

S.J. posted:

I'm actually really loving the origins story so far. Alfred and Bruce's interactions have been fantastic.

You mean how Bruce is an insufferale rear end in a top hat to Alfred every chance he gets. I like it too!

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Yeah, Bruce being a dick to Alfred in Origins was great, because he actually acknowledges that he's being a dick.

Unlike in City where he snaps at everyone EXCEPT Alfred. :v:

"gently caress you Nightwing I don't need poo poo from you!....thanks for the line launcher"

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Is it me or does the Arkham Knight look like it could be a chick?

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Is that interviewer a dude or a chick? I can't tell.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Not sure how far I am, but I love this DLC so far. The atmosphere is VERY tight, and a certain level reminds me HEAVILY of Noveria/Hot Labs from Mass Effect 1. Far, far better than HQR. Haven't run into bugs yet though, but if I do, i'd gladly play this again anyway. Hopefully this isn't the last Batman content before Arkham Knight.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Just finished NG+ and still don't have all the drat dark knight bullshit. I need the predator room ones still. Do I have to subject myself to "I am the Night" mode to get these, or can I just re-start NG+?

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

ManOfTheYear posted:

How Bruce Wayne is potrayed in the comics? Every characterization line he had in AA or AC was basically broody PTSD grizzly-man combat vet stuff. That tends to get a bit boring.

Inconsistent as best. He's gone from "bored socialite" to ladie's man, and most recently as a rich dude with a keen interest in Gotham's well being, actively handling Wayne Enterprises business ventures and what not. I always get the sense that Bruce Wayne is just itching for an excuse to put on his tights.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

I don't know how it's going to turn out, but after beating Asylum, City, and Origins multiple times, I decided to get Blackgate. I hope it's decent enough. I need more Batman dammit!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Orgophlax posted:

I'm going through collecting riddler trophies in Arkham City, and one of them just plain isn't appearing in the steel mill. It's #9 in this list: http://www.gamesradar.com/batman-arkham-city-riddler-guide/?page=31

Is there anyway to fix this?

Is it possible it's a Harley Quinn head that you didn't blow up with the remote electrical charge? That poo poo stumped me in the steel mill for quite a bit, and the trophies sometimes overlap, so you may have grabbed #9 and still have a Harley Head nearby.

• Locked thread