Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Orv posted:

Actually that makes me think that what I want to see Rocksteady do is make a Batman game exploring the idea that he's just as crazy as the villains. That he needs to go out at night and punch people just as much as they do.

How exactly do you want to see or play as a "crazy" Batman? Are we talking about something like Devil's Advocate Where joker finally gets the death penalty for a crime he didn't commit but Bats believes him and tries to prove a genocidal mass murderer innocent of the one megadeath he didn't cause, Blind Justice where Batman starts to question who trained him and what he's actually become thanks to that, Morrison to recreate R.I.P. in vivid detail, The Cult where Batman is just tripping balls trying to figure out what is going on and is nearly spiritually broken by some unknown cult leader, a more dippy version of Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on Serious Earth where the entire game is like playing the fear gas sections or something a little Elseworlds like Vampire Batman or Castle of the Bat/Merrie Shelly's Batkenstein?

There's a lot of ways you could go with a insane super hero.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Doctor Albatross posted:

Oh, for sure, I meant that they tonally wouldn't fit quite well into the main story. They're all kinda silly compared to the main game, aside from Year of the Snake; which I guess isn't all that silly.

DC has a good cover for stories like this, Elsewhere or One Shots.:eng101: Bonus points if they even introduce the DLC stories as an in-comic book what-if versions of Arkham Origins.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
I hope WB and Rocksteady steals from Rockstar and starts a quality over quantity code when it comes to Arkham/Batman games. Don't stop developing, but keep them cooking for a half decade instead of running the ship into the ground for a yearly or biyearly release schedule. When I'm still stuck in the same environment as Arkham City sans the Hugo patrols, going up against more bosses that still wind up being manipulated by Joker and playing with relatively the same toys, I'm afraid the franchise is starting to lose steam. I'm not expecting them to create Batman Inc next, although I wouldn't be against globe trotting with the Batmen of the world if they pulled it off, but WB shouldn't squander the chance they have with keeping Batman as THE big comic book game on the market.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

ChickenHeart posted:

Behold, the Bat-slayer, the Bane-destroyer, the scourge of enemy elites...a fat guy in sweatpants with no shirt on.
P.S. Pump-action shotgun owns bones; one good meat-shot is all it takes to kill a hero, and the gun's spread is small enough to kill in 2-3 shots at mid-range.

That isn't Sid the Squid and you know it.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Honestly, Crow can be both depending on how secure he feels in his mask and then without it on the wrong side of Batman's fist. I'd like it if Scarecrow can go back to being a weak nerd freaking out when poo poo isn't going according to plan later on or while he isn't being broadcast, but it wouldn't take away from the game if Noble kept the same great voice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

CharlestonJew posted:

am I the only one that thinks the Batmobile sections look fun?

Depends on how much you will be fighting in the car, whether or not there are enemies that force you to fight them in the car and how varied its driving and combat can be. I can see it going either way but I don't think people are wrong for being wary of it.

• Locked thread