Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

DrNutt posted:

Huh. Disappointing that the only Batman skins are the ones from Arkham City and the default Arkham Origins one. The new Robin is kickass though and I like it a lot better than Arkham City Robin.

There's an awful lack of Batman Beyond in that video.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

I can't tell if this game is an OCD's wet dream or worst nightmare.

ps game rocks. Playing it on hard from the get go and you have to earn every fight, especially Deathstroke's

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Can anyone tell me how to claim the DC one million/red son suits on PS3? It's not letting me input my information in the console (it did for Injustice though).

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Aphrodite posted:

Man I'm never going to get the unseen predator thing done.

Plus the challenges really seem to expect you to do them at certain story points, so if you don't you fall behind prime opportunities to do certain things.

The game really gets tense (read: amazing) when you handicap yourself by not using detective vision AND making sure you're unseen. It really isn't that much harder, you just have to be way more patient.

This game is a blast. When I figured out the test with the three doors, I felt both really smart and really stupid at the same time.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

DrNutt posted:

Yeah, I'm aware of that. I have access to: Blackest Night Batman and Batman One Million. Not any of the ones from the Season Pass.

How did you get these suits to appear in game? I logged in with my WBID, both on the site and the ps3, and got nothing.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Question: I'm already in the Royal Hotel in a predator encounter with Bane's goons. Is there another predator room I can use to achieve worst nightmare rank 6? also, are there predator rooms post-game?

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Regarding the Worst Nightmare costume that was previewed before the game release:

The devs said that you get it for 100 percenting everything. Is that just for a single game? Or do you have to beat "I am the Night" mode as well? because holy hell, if so I will just kiss it goodbye.

Also, I wish the DC One Million suit didn't look at terrible as it does.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

redbackground posted:

Um, that was exactly what Bob Kane had in mind.

I dunno if this is some kind of meta-joke that I'm not in on (eat a dick Bob Kane), but Bill Finger pretty much designed Batman's classic aesthetic.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

bunnyofdoom posted:

Plus, Terry isn't as hypercompetent as Bruce. Yes, he has some fighting skills, but he's often out of his depth. The show has great character development showing him going through training and becoming more competent, and eventually a good successor to Batman. It doesn't do a diservice to Bruce, but rather shows how hard he had to train to be Batman.

The show was definitely at its best when dealing with the fates of Bruce's rogues, but Terry-centric episodes like "Babel" and "Lost Soul" were awesome.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

blackguy32 posted:

A game where you play as Jason Todd fighting crime, and Batman.

If only we could erase Dan Didio from Hypertime and get a proper Bat-family game with Cass and Steph.

PS. Didio sucks donkey dick.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Tried one more time to get into the multiplayer and it's just not fun unless you're one of the heroes. I took out seven mooks as Robin before getting repeatedly slaughtered as a Bane goon.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

How soon will I get high level threat predator encounters in New Game Plus? If it's too far along, I might as will forget completing the Worst Nightmare track. What a slog. (not that the game isn't fun, it is; but drat what a long wait)

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Sober posted:

If I were you, take a break from the game (or be like me and don't) and delete that save file and play it from the start with a guide. There is no loving way I would figure out or remember to do Worst Nightmare without one, only because the guide will tell you YOU HAVE TO DO THIS ONE NOW OR FORGET IT... well, mostly for the first Bank encounter that you have to be careful with.

I've already done the really hard one (thanks deadshot). I'm on the 10th one, which is to complete a high-level threat predator room without being seen. I want that sonic shock batarang, but I don't know how badly.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Had my first great Batman moment in MP. Unfortunately, I was not Batman. I was turning around only to see Batman covering half my screen and then I took a glide kick to the face.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Please punch me in the face.

I just ground through all the challenge medals except for the last predator and the corresponding campaign... and of course I need the sonic shock batarang to complete it. Which means I need to go into New Game+ and play a high threat level predator room to get it. What the hell, game?

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

All I ask for is a full co-op Batfamily mode. With everyone.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Barudak posted:

"[Son's Name], I'm sorry you had to see me, [The Undersigned], die at the hands of a dimension-hopping ape general from a parallel universe where the Tiger Empire has encroached their boarders and free humans no longer exist."

Didn't this happen in a Spider-Man book?

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

I hope the movie-makers are taking notes because that is a drat fine Batsuit. Probably my favorite "real world" interpretation. City's was nice, and Origins was too bulky for my taste. I feel like Goldilocks; this one is juuuuuuust right.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I don't think those guys will be TYGER, since they were all hypnotized by Strange. The fact that they have Arkham logos definitely makes me think that they're with the Arkham Knight, though.

I just hope to god that the Arkham Knight isn't the Joker.

Wouldn't it be something if it was a revived Talia, though?

R'as in Talia's body.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

I'm glad that this new technology can help has given devs access to more normal body types as opposed to roid-rage Batman and Barbie doll Harley.

But sweet lord in heaven please give me a ps4 rocksteady take on the beyond suit

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

I want to say that Sin Tzu was voiced by the guy that played Shang Tsung in the MK movies, but I can't be sure without looking it up.

Also Jim Lee created him, which makes me wonder if Lee realized Sin Tzu was a horribly racist caricature.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

I love how minimal the HUD looks this time around with a clean classic font. This is reason #1 to get a ps4 for me.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Saw a gameplay demo they were holding at e3. Under spoilers for the wary.

Gameplay stuff:

- the city is crazy vertical now
- the batmobile does come with one button, but it certain areas you will need to create ramps for plot reasons to have your batmobile get there
- the batmobile comes with a winch that functions to pull things down like doors
- you can drive the batmobile remotely
- there are Batmobile Assisted Takedowns, which consists of Batman dragon punching a goon into the air and shooting a round into his gut
- environmental takedowns remind me of sleeping dogs; batman put a goon's head through a transformer/fusebox thing
- there are also counter throws
- martial artist types return but with swords this time
- you can go from gliding straight into a vent seamlessly with one button (looks great)
- Fear Takedowns function as mini qtes; you activate fear takedown from a prompt and then press a button to takedown each goon

story stuff:

- Arkham Knight looking for revenge against Batman
- claims to know all of Batman's techniques
-voice sounds a lot like Payback from Batman Beyond
- Defers to scarecrow
- trains army in Venezuela
- whiny and smug
-scarecrow has enough fear toxin to cover the entire East coast

looks unbelievable.

edit: added fear takedown info

hiddenriverninja fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Jun 12, 2014

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Where'd you see that Arkham Knight stuff at? I didn't see him in any of the demos.

WBIE has a theater setup with a rotating schedule: Batman, Shadow of Mordor, MKX, and the witcher 3, in South Hall. Got a sweet batshirt with a flaming batlogo too

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Any idea what hardware they were demoing the game on?

I didnt see any machines, but iirc the button prompts were PS4.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Let me also add that you can REVERSE BEATDOWN thugs with your elbows when they try to hold you from behind.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Phylodox posted:

Right now all I want in life is for Batman's reverse beatdown to look exactly like this.

I am happy to report that it does look exactly like it.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Strange question, I know, but is the Multiplayer still jacked up in Origins?

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

No idea if the one on the left is Tim or Jason as Robin though.

Jason himself looks pretty cool but he's somewhat big for a twenty something guy.

I hope they lengthened his cape and let him grow some hair.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Wasn't it already pushed back to February?

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Phylodox posted:

Well, for once he gets to do a voice other than Nathan Drake/Deadpool/Desmond Miles/himself.

SR4's Nolan North Boss rules

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

This was the mission that they previewed at E3.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Batman-Ar...on-PS4/40572761

Walmart is selling Arkham Knight Limited Edition for 62 bucks.

EDIT: Apparently it's out of stock already. Sorry, suckers! FYGM

hiddenriverninja fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Jan 21, 2015

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

ImpAtom posted:

It's hard to imagine they'd be willing to take a rating hit over DLC content like that. An M-rating does impact your sales.

Plus The Joker had lethal takedowns in the PS3 Arkham and that didn't hit the rating at all. He straight up shot guys.

Is the Batman strong enough to overcome the malicious M?

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Crappy Jack posted:

Batman finally defeats the Arkham Knight in hand to hand combat, and removes his mask, only to reveal that it was the Joker all along!

Batman's response is a five minute long profanity filled rant about how he's so loving sick of this loving Joker oval office showing up all the goddamn time and it's so goddamn loving stupid.

The epilogue is Batman lifting out Joker's coffin, and...

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

batman sucks you guys nothing to see here

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

spoiler alert

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Saints Row 4 has superspeed and it rules.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Codependent Poster posted:

Nah, he still sounds great.

I'm annoyed that Rocksteady is going with the retailer exclusive DLC still. The Red Hood pack from Gamestop is going to be a story pack, not just challenge maps.

I'm torn between my desire of playing all the material for this game and my intense hatred of Jason Todd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

There was a tie-in bit of material that featured Dr. Young's notes on a number of the inmates in the asylum.

Her report on Scarecrow said he was the picture of mental health and that he'd never be inclined to use his fear gas again.

Here it is.

Wasn't Dr. Young corrupt as all-get out anyway?

• Locked thread