Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
If I pre-order the bundle with a PS4 (because I still don't have one and if I'm going to get one, it might as well be Bat flavored), do I get the pre-order bonuses from GS?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

ToastyPotato posted:

Didn't that occur 5 years from the present? I thought the whole point of Future's End was that Terry travels from the future to 5 years from now to prevent the end of the world. And 5 years from now means the future as well, which means none of that is set in stone.

Literally what. I love comics and this is still stupid. I hope The Joker is just saved for the opening cutscene where Bats reflects on the ending of AC. I don't want any segment of the main game to center around him. He was already the front man of Asylum and City and black hole'd Origins. He's dead, it's over, gently caress.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Arkham Knight achievement list was leaked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vz5rAFVo-Zg

"Use 100 Quick Gadgets while in Freeflow Combat." :stare:

I just threw up. I don't want to look at the list, but I do want to find and kill whoever is responsible for that one. Jesus Christ. Maybe it means across the game and not all in one go.

I really have no excitement to play with the Batmobile. It just seems like it'll take away from the whole "running across rooftops" thing that I really enjoy about Batman. Hopefully I'm wrong though. That Ivy segment looked short enough to not be too painful.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Did Asylum and City have these odd real life commercials too or is this something new they're trying out? I'm not sure I like it. It was worth it for the 2 seconds of gameplay though. I'm interested to see what the story is and how having guns is going to play. No love for the Zip Kick. Robin is already in the game and there's a large chance he has it. I get that these guys share some gadgets, but it seems a little silly for Red Hood to have any use for that when he's working with actual bullets.

Ground takedown needs to be placing a boot on the crook's chest and shooting him in the head.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
My problem with Catwoman was that I couldn't skip her parts in subsequent playthroughs. After having done it once, I really never had the desire to do it again. But you can't undownload her DLC to the best of my knowledge and you shouldn't have to. Her gameplay is okay, definitely my least favorite of the 4 in City, but it wasn't an abomination. I just really couldn't stand that I got pulled out of being Batman to go dick around with Poison Ivy.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Dapper_Swindler posted:

new arkham insider. things confimered. thugs dont dodge well cars well. also closer quick look at firefly. also the gamer is longer the both city and asylum.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffQrFevUtu4

Nothing is more annoying than fake hype. Especially when the person gets hype by turning into a spaz. "Classic new double counter!" How can something be classic and new at the same time drat it?! The Batclaw Slam isn't new either! Could the Batmobile be broken? When it pulled up I saw that it took out like 7 thugs just pulling up. Can I do that for stuff like Crime in Progress or side quests that involve beating up random mooks? Sounds like an easy way to cheese the game.

Batman KOing the thug in the holding cell was hilarious.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Zsinjeh posted:

I always liked the interpretation that Batman is just as insane as any supervillain

Do you really? I've always hated that interpretation with a passion. It's right up there with "Batman wants to gently caress Joker" and "Batman is the ultimate loner" as far as "Things Bat Writers Need to Stop Doing". Characters with 75+ year history should evolve. And not be written like poo poo.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Mogomra posted:

That's great, but it's also pretty clearly Arkham Batman. It at least works for these games with the crazy ultra-violent "non-lethal" takedowns.

It's not though. Arkham Batman has had 3 Robins, he has Oracle, Alfred, Gordon, Catwoman, and now it looks like he'll take a helping hand from Azrael. And while Bats is focused, stubborn, and determined, the Arkham games never try to make us believe he's as insane as his villains. The "Joker flirts with Batman" stuff is there, but hey, not even Arkham can be perfect.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Batman starting out as a loner and slowly warming up as the Bat-Family expands is one of those things I really like.

I know he'll probably never fully get over his parents' death since it happened right in front of him, but I do like the idea of Batman not donning the cape and cowl because of his obsession over his dead family and more a desire to protect the new one.

You get it! That's the story I think Origins tried to tell. Batman started off as a loner, but then he starts to trust Gordon and Barbara and Dick until he works his way all the way to Tim. And while his parents' death definitely fueled him becoming Batman, depending on the timeline, I like to think he's found a new purpose.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Everyone always raves about Spider-Man 2, but I still think Ultimate Spider-Man was a great and underrated Spiderman.

Keeku posted:

Origins

It's not just the bugs though. And of course, in a bubble where no other Arkham games exist, it probably would've been better received. It would've have been as well-received as Asylum was when it was the first of its kind, but it still would've done great. The problem is that Origins doesn't exist in a bubble. The bugs are just part of a larger problem with the game. It screams lazy. The lack of innovation, the repeated stuff from City, the bugs and glitches. The knowledge that the game was rushed helps, but it's still pretty clear that it was developed just to hold us over until Rocksteady was ready with Knight. It might as well have been a DLC pack. I'm always curious whenever someone says they prefer Origins to either of the other two. I feel like it has to come down to the order you played them in, when you bought Origins, how many patches had come out, and stuff like that.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Discendo Vox posted:

I don't like Arkham Origins cause it's bad in a lot of ways.

ImpAtom posted:

Shut up! Stop expressing an opinion I don't like!

Can't we all just get along? Origins is basically City's child. Origins tries its best to be like City, some things it does better, some things it does worse. At the end, it literally could not exist without City coming first. None of the Arkham games are objectively bad. I just think Origins was mediocre and that let down made some people more upset than others. But while I straddle this fence (and lean towards DV, sorry mates), I have to say "I didn't get any glitches" is a common thing I hear for people who enjoyed the game. That plays a pretty big role too I have to assume. Cause mine froze, I fell through the map several times, textures didn't load, and a whole lotta stuff in between. That kind of thing at launch made me less forgiving of Origins whereas someone who didn't get any of that wouldn't have that anger/disappointment.

Is anyone but me gonna miss the multiplayer?

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I just had a thought that's now bothering me. Someone pointed out that Batman showing up to fight organized crime in a Bat suit kinda eliminated the mob, but simultaneously triggered the arrival of a million crazies. The thing is, even in the Arkhkamverse, we know all 8 assassins from Origins, Penguin, Riddler, and probably a few others are bound to show up regardless. If I could blame anyone for the emergence of all the masks, it's Superman. But then I thought, I don't think we actually have any proof Superman even exists in this universe. I assume that he does, Joker kinda implies that he does in Asylum, but I don't think there's anything concrete. Could Batman and his gang be the only superheroes around?

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Well for anyone wondering, GameStop is out of the special edition PS4s. My dumbass didn't really consider that they'd actually sell out, I figured it was just marketing. So now, back up plan, I'm grabbing a PS4 and dicking around with inFamous: Second Son to kill the time. Pre-ordering the game too, because Red Hood looks too cool to pass up on.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Why? I loved inFamous 1 and 2. Not to derail the thread, but I'm about to slap money on it in like 4 hours and it'd be great if I knew the reasons not to.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I wish more of you had decided to vote with your wallets. Maybe then I could've gotten the drat special edition PS4 from GameStop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Crappy Jack posted:

Which, to me, just begs the question, why do it in the first place?

Because...it's cool? Is that not the reason for most of it all? Why bother updating the graphics when the game will still play the same regardless? Because it looks cool. Why add the Batmobile? It's cool. I don't think there really needs to be motive behind adding gameplay mechanics besides "it will be fun". Sure this one random guy might not like the idea of fighting along side and switching to Robin, but the minority is getting outvoted in this case.

• Locked thread