Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
I'm reserving judgement for the actual game (pre-ordered at 25% on GMG) but the new Batman and Joker actors sound like they're trying really hard to be Kevin and Mark but it's not working.

Iacen posted:

For the Arkham universe, the Hamill Joker is what I prefere. That said, an alternate take on the Joker wouldn't be amiss in another Batman game.

But honestly I would like it if the Joker wouldn't be in a future game at all. I'm not that into Batman, so I don't know who could be a worthy adversary, but I would like an alternative to the Joker.
Not to mention that the Joker alone is supposed to be enough to demand Batman's full attention. Now you've got Bane ragdolling him through masonry as a mild distraction, when in Knightfall dude had to break out all of Arkham and have Batman chase them down for weeks before he was burnt out enough to be beaten. Arkham Origins, as it's been framed as a "Year Two", really juggles too much. Arkham City was right on the edge but like the first game suffered from a Bane ripped straight out of Batman & Robin.

Shumagorath fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Oct 18, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

ZearothK posted:

Yeah, and that has unfortunately nuked the saves, which were encrypted by GFWL. drat, I was looking forward to giving New Game+ a go for the first time before jumping into Origins.
AA is one of two games I bothered to platinum on PS3 but AC just has too much tedium like the alternate reality challenges. I should really finish the Riddler arc though. Nice to get free DLC too!

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Action Tortoise posted:

I could see a Bane fight where he chased you like Killer Croc in the sewers of AA but the second part of the fight ended up in a mudpit like the Mutant leader in DKR. I don't know how annoying navigating around the mud would be but the fight could also work as a QTE challenge.

I just feel like Joker and Bane are enough to carry a Batman ploy with either one of them. While the previous two games gave us a lot of great stuff with the full cast of villains, having Joker in the mix when this is Batman's first encounter with masks makes it a bit overwhelming and having Bane before Batman is established makes no sense at all.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

raditts posted:

Why haven't any Batman comics covered that period anyway? For all I know, witnessing the death of his parents instantly aged him 20 years.

Hush touched on this briefly but much like Batman Begins I think it's just assumed that Bruce was an angry washout/misanthrope until he decided on a purpose in his late teens.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Terminally Bored posted:

Speaking of difficult achievements:
Unless they do something obtrusive with cloud saves this will be easy to circumvent on the PC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Think I'm going to cancel my GMG pre-purchase. Buying stuff before the RPS review is a habit I've broken recently and it should stay broken. With the first two games having just gone on sale and gotten free GotY upgrades I can get all the Batman gaming I need for some time.

Deathstroke being a re-skin is a red flag for how much of this game might just be a new dev team turning cranks.

• Locked thread