Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

Preordered on GMG almost solely because, without Games for Windows Live, I know I'll actually be able to play this one. I'm sure Arkham City was great, but I tried to play it twice and it was just a hot loving mess. First time it would install but would crash on load, which prevented it from logging in to GFWL to download and install the patch that would fix the loading crash. I tried reinstalling it sometime later, but couldn't save because GFWL wouldn't install properly on Windows 8. I didn't know how to fix it at the time, and after replaying the Catwoman / Two-face intro scene about five times I was so burned out I uninstalled the game.

I probably should go back and try again now that Dark Souls forced me to learn how to make GFWL work, but man was that a waste of $60.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

So not only was I able to hex edit my save to transfer it to the new steamworks version of Arkham City, but they seem to have fixed the crash you get in the Mr. Freeze fight with newer nvidia drivers. Also the game starts up instantly instead of taking 30+ seconds for no reason. Not too shabby.

ZearothK posted:

Yeah, and that has unfortunately nuked the saves, which were encrypted by GFWL. drat, I was looking forward to giving New Game+ a go for the first time before jumping into Origins.

Go here for an easy way to update your old GFWL saves so they work in the steamworks version.

FallenGod fucked around with this message at 10:01 on Oct 18, 2013

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

Gotta say I enjoyed the scene where you control the Joker as he comes to terms with his enormous boner for Batman, all the while accidentally picking up a new lady friend. The more I play the more I enjoy the story in this compared to AC, where every plot element was thrown in as an excuse to show another villain for a 30 second cameo. Even the boss fights have been great, which you can't exactly say about the previous games.

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

Oh boy this fight with Deadshot is getting annoying. Take out his first wave of goons then beat him down three times and immediately hide, because another wave of goons has appeared with zero warning! Take out this wave and beat him down once and immediately hide, because he'll phase through your cape stun to take a hostage! Now you get to fight a jammer wave and if you make any noise ever for any reason the hostage dies and you lose! I guess that leaves only the silent takedown, since literally everything else that you do results in a dead hostage. :rolleyes:

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

How do you start (Most Wanted) Bird's mission? I go to the "Investigate the gang fight" waypoint and there are always the same 4-5 guys there. If I fight them, nothing happens. If I hang around the super obvious vantage points hoping to observe something, nothing happens. There don't seem to be any sewers or anything underground that I'm missing and I can't enter the large factory that has venom waste ejecting into the bay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

No such luck, can't interrogate anyone there. I guess the waypoint must be pointed at the wrong place or something.

• Locked thread