Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sicarius
Dec 12, 2002

In brightest day,
In blackest night,
My smugface makes,
women wet....

That's how it goes, right?
Not sure if anyone else is encountering this on PC, but I thought I'd check with others. This will be spoiler free except for location names, which aren't spoilers in my mind:

I just finished Lacey Towers and was headed to the Burnley Comms Relay. There's a point very early where you pull down a grate and, seemingly, are supposed to climb in there... except I can't. I can grapple up to the vent, I can hang on the vent, but I cannot climb in. I checked videos on Youtube and people are all nimbly-bimbly-jumping-tree-to-tree into the vent... but I can't. Any ideas at all here? I'm on PC and thinking (since I assume most of the videos are from pirates who got the PS3/360 copies early) maybe it's a PC issue. Anyone else got this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sicarius
Dec 12, 2002

In brightest day,
In blackest night,
My smugface makes,
women wet....

Crappy Jack posted:

This should be in the OP or something, but yes. Everybody is getting this on the PC version.

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Yep, it's been pretty common in here. Allegedly, according to the Steam forums, hitting RT and forward helps, but I haven't tested since I'm avoiding that tower until the patch.

Awesooommmeeee... thanks duded. I assumed that's the answer I was going to get. I tried searching the thread but I couldn't get a mix of words that narrowed it down. I'll try the RT + Forward thing and see if I can get it going. At least it's a known issue.

sicarius
Dec 12, 2002

In brightest day,
In blackest night,
My smugface makes,
women wet....

So what I'm hearing is that the new patch broke more than it fixed and I should just wait for the next patch before I pick this back up... :argh:

• Locked thread