Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gunder
May 22, 2003

AngryBooch posted:

The review embargo was the same for the previous Arkham games EXCEPT if your review translated to a 90+ on Metacritic, then your review outlet was allowed to publish early.

Having a straight forward embargo seems a little less scummy - or maybe it's the same as the previous Arkham games and no review is over 90. :ohdear:

Day of release embargos are pretty much the standard when it comes to big name games these days. It doesn't mean anything about the quality of the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Found a show stopping bug in one of the side quests. When you're sorting out the radio tower in the same part of the city that contains the GCPD building, you enter a small room, the only exit from which is a small vent high up in the ceiling. After bat-clawing the vent cover off, you grapple up into the vent only to find that you can't actually make Batman climb up and into the vent, instead he just clings uselessly to the outside of the vent like he's hanging from a ledge. Tried reloading the game several times, same result every time. Luckily, it doesn't checkpoint you as soon as you enter that room, other wise i'd be stuck in that little room until they patch the game. As it stands I was able to reload the last checkpoint and just continue on with the main story line.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

All the fancy PhysX crap they have in the PC version is really awesome looking. Is any of this stuff on the console versions?

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Rookersh posted:

According to the Steam forums, the unpacking process was bugged with the game, which probably doesn't also help that most of us unpacked off a VPN.

I know in my case, the game was super buggy as well until I verified, then all those bugs cleared right up. ( outside of the Burnely Vent. ) Ended up having to redownload 17 files.

Steam will always re-download a few files, even with a perfect install. It probably didn't replace anything at all. That sounds like some steam forums bullshit.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

When do you get the ability to break weapons during fights? (X+Y Finisher on 360 pad) I've unlocked pretty much all the combat upgrades and still can't seem to perform this ability. I'm pretty far through the story now. Just examined the corpse of the bane thug in the GCPD morgue. How much longer until I can dismantle guns mid-fight?

• Locked thread