Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Snaps
Jul 27, 2003

Maintol!

Elendil004 posted:

Just hit the Burnley tower bug...you'd think if they had like...one tester for this game they would have caught poo poo like this and the sound bug at the start.

Yeah, it's not even a hard to find bug. Anyone sitting through a simple "get 100%" bug test would have spotted it. I did find a way to bypass it here if you are desperate to get it. It worked for me in about 2 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Snaps
Jul 27, 2003

Maintol!

doctor 7 posted:

How do you dodge the dashing though?

When he's dashing, I just spammed dodge in a circle around him. Nothing should really hit you, and he will also do a fair amount damage to the rest of the goons.

Edit: Oops, wrong fight.

Captain Snaps
Jul 27, 2003

Maintol!

ShimSham posted:

Enigma Data Pack questions.

2. It's in the north-west zone of the city, on a roof. There's a charge box, and once you charge it it's one that starts to de-charge. If you turn around, the pack is there next to an electrical box. (like the kind you would hit with a charged batwing. I tried charging the station and then turning around and batwinging the box by the pack. Now that I think about it you might be able to charge a batwing off of the temporarily charged station.

If it's the one I'm thinking of, there is an arc that starts next to you, and you need to send the baterang through that first.

Captain Snaps
Jul 27, 2003

Maintol!

Narcissus1916 posted:

Jesus Christ, I finally get to the bank predator room (2nd round with the sidequest) and i cannot get an enemy in position for the goddamn vent takedown. Since when do enemies shoot down sonic batarangs from a distance?! How in the hell do I get a guy near enough the vent for the takedown?

Best you can do is put it beyond the path they will take and time it for when they walk by.

Captain Snaps
Jul 27, 2003

Maintol!

Narcissus1916 posted:

The other entrance (labelled exit) and right north of the telecom room is the one you're talking about. And yeah, no dice with that one. There are apparently people who couldn't find that ladder to escape, since the elevator is out. Still, I'm unsure how the heck the game wants me to get those two in the south/west sewers. Ah well, Thats enough frustration for one day.

If they are in the sewers, can't you go in through the sewer exit? It's in a garage-like building just north of the west side of GCPD.

Edit: nm, I see what you mean by the elevator being out.

Captain Snaps
Jul 27, 2003

Maintol!

ImpAtom posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=In9VIB3jwM4

Am I playing a different game from everyone else or something? Saying you can't counter out of attacks is wrong.

This is actually very eye opening. I played the first 2 on PS3, and origins on PC. I thought they had genuinely changed something about the way countering works. I have honestly had to completely change the way I played while surrounded by goons by being less aggressive. Most of the time I get hit and interrupted is because I have already committed to attacking someone else and can do absolutely nothing about the incoming attack. Given how this release has been, I would not be surprised if they hosed something up.

Captain Snaps
Jul 27, 2003

Maintol!
I had no trouble getting the challenge done in the first wave of enemies of the deadshot fight. Also, I think Origins remembers which walls you have blown, so using them in the first encounter may make the bank useless for that challenge.

Captain Snaps
Jul 27, 2003

Maintol!

NattyBo posted:

Still having trouble with the "20 critical strikes in 1 free flow combo". I just can't seem to make critical strikes happen other than randomly. I googled it, and half the results say I need to beat Shiva to unlock critical strikes, but I haven't beaten that particular assassin yet, and I have seen myself get 1 or 2 critical strikes in a fight before. Very confusing and frustrating.

If you already have critical strike unlocked (beat shiva), then crits are all about timing your next attack. Have your next target planned out, and attack that target as soon as you land your current attack. Just be weary of incoming attacks. The easiest way to get it done is to find a group of regular goons and just keep dodging out of the main crowd and striking the second you land. Again, be weary of the attacks they will be telegraphing. It will be harder to get it done if you are always surrounded.

Captain Snaps
Jul 27, 2003

Maintol!

TaurusOxford posted:

That's retarded. Why do they ALWAYS do that? Let me be a not-beat up Batman with a normal costume! :argh:

I originally thought that you would be able to change your costume out for a fresh version from the rack. I decided to beat the game before swapping it out. I was quite disappointed when I saw the only other options were even uglier costumes.

^^ I just dropped down behind him and beat him down a few times after learing out his goons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Snaps
Jul 27, 2003

Maintol!

Golashes posted:

From what I've seen it should just be the door right next to me. but that door is locked.

I think there's actually a reasonable chance I missed a trigger somewhere... the last two waypoints haven't shown up on my map and I had to find them through guides. Might just replay AC and save origins for a rainy day to start clean.

I had the same problem. The game won't let you through the door until you actually try to hack the server room door.

• Locked thread