Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I'm surprised there hasn't been discussion of the secret stuff hidden in the trailer. I know it's Kotaku, but this is good for what's been found so far:

http://kotaku.com/the-new-batman-trailer-hides-a-puzzle-1688156932

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Is this representing me when I check this thread?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

ImpAtom posted:

The Red Hood one is a Gamestop DLC so it probably will just be challenge maps, maybe a 'themed' challenge map like The Joker or Bruce Wayne's Initiation ones.

I believe it's only Gamestop DLC in that it's free if you get it from them. It will be available for everyone else to buy.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Mr. Flunchy posted:

Is it just me or does Kevin Conroy sound a bit bored?

Nah, he still sounds great.

I'm annoyed that Rocksteady is going with the retailer exclusive DLC still. The Red Hood pack from Gamestop is going to be a story pack, not just challenge maps.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Dimebags Brain posted:

Just gonna stand over one of Scarecrow's henchmen and have a video conference with the police commissioner's daughter. Nothing compromising about that.

They likely can't hear Barbara since it's a secure feed to his cowl and just say that Batman has special lenses so nobody but him sees the screen.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Lurdiak posted:

All I loving ask is that it's not Joker.

It's actually Joe Kerr.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I hope there's story content for all.

Or that Nightwing takes over for Bruce as Batman during the game or something.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

If you're getting a console version, you should be getting it from Best Buy with the Gamer's Club Unlocked deal that gets you 20% off new games. Makes paying more for DLC a little easier to swallow.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

ImpAtom posted:

The thing is that even if the Arkham Knight is a new character he is going to resemble an old character.

Is he an old friend of Bruce's who is now a supervillain? Been done.
Is he a former apprentice? Been done.
Is he Bruce's long-lost brother? Been done
Is he Alfred? Been done!
Is he the Batman of an alternate dimension? Been done.
Is he an alternate personality of Bruce whose battles are all symbolism? Been done!

I don't see clone Batman on the list!

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Mogomra posted:

Didn't I read in some article that it was supposed to have been completely submerged by the time we get to play Batman in Arkham Knight? Maybe it was a fever dream or something.

edit: Can't find that anywhere, so I must be making it up. Sorry goons.

They recently said that the Arkham City location won't be revisited as it has been completely submerged, but Crime Alley will still be accessible. So I figure it'll just be on the edge of the map or something.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Press X to say "YOU HAVE FAILED THIS CITY!"

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

SonicRulez posted:

dicking around with inFamous: Second Son to kill the time

No, don't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

ImpAtom posted:

A weird side effect of how they're doing the game is that all the people on the streets are thugs, including the people driving around in lovely town cars or whatever. I saw someone ram into a car and send it skittering before like eight thugs piled out like it was a clown car. It was sort of hilarious honestly.

Joker confirmed.

• Locked thread