Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Got this with my second 760, now waiting for it to loving release on Steam. MAN PUNCHING SIMULATOR: THE MAN OF BATS shall commence!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

I really want to know if Killer Croc is as creepy as he was in AA. That part of the game legitimately had me freaked out. They did a great job of making him intimidating as gently caress.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

What the hell? I'm trying to unfuck the radio tower near GCPD, and once I hack the terminal thing, Riddler locks the window, so I pull down the grate above with the batclaw, shoot a line up there... and Batman suddenly forgets how to enter a loving vent. What the gently caress do I do now? Nothing makes him actually loving get into the god damned vent, and that's the only loving way out.

EDIT: Specifically this loving one. He won't go through into the vent. loving nothing I do gets him into that god damned vent. The only thing I can do is grapple up there, and drop back down. Batman went full loving retard.

Gonkish fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Oct 26, 2013

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

So I'm in Mad Hatter's Wonderland, which is awesome, except oh hey I can't actually progress. I'm supposed to ride a raft-like thing (a tea saucer) across a river by using the batclaw... but the loving thing never moves and Batman just pulls on the rope endlessly. :(

EDIT: Nevermind, apparently some genius decided it'd be a great idea to have that thing subject to physics when it spawns, meaning it can get stuck on the loving shoreline and you basically have to keep jumping into the water to reset it until it finally decides to land in the right loving spot.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

This game has convinced me that I am a bad Batman. Also, that it has random little annoying bugs but nothing too huge (although that radio tower that you just cannot finish is loving annoying).

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

I think it's on top of it, because I can't seem to get up there.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Looking at that video I posted earlier, the vent goes up to the roof. So yeah.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

DarthBlingBling posted:

I'm assuming that the snow on the ground thing is a PhysX/DX11 thing exclusive to the PC version? I absolutely love it.

Yep, and it actually looks really good.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Monopthalmus posted:

Well, in addition to the vent hanging bug, I also encountered a bug during the Deathstroke fight were his AI just completely shut off except for dodging and I was able to just beat on him until he died. I restarted the fight, of course, so I could experience the real thing.

I know there are more buggy games out there but I've never personally experienced two obvious show stoppers so soon in any game once ever played.

I had the Cryptographic Sequencer selected when I started the Deathstroke fight, and hit the button during the fight. Batman knelt down like he always does, while Deathstroke ceased to exist thus trapping me in that room forever.

So, basically, Batman's most powerful weapon is a little handheld computer.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Oh man, I'm fighting Deadshot, and I am a bad Batman. I just loving realized that you can use the remote grapple thing to string dudes up from the gargoyles, and, bonus points, you can chuck a batarang at them after they've passed out to cut them down and re-use the gargoyle. I am a terrible Batman.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Yeah, you need the shock gloves for the Diamond tower.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

^^^ That wasn't accidental. Manipulation is his thing.

Also, I beat the game without even realizing there was a "break their toys" thing. At all. I am a bad Batman.

EDIT: Also, the smoke that comes off the shock gloves with PhysX on High is loving awesome.

Gonkish fucked around with this message at 10:01 on Oct 27, 2013

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

I really love the Joker's exposition after you capture him at the Hotel. The whole going on and on about Batman while simultaneously playing Harley like a violin is loving wonderful.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Rookersh posted:

the Assassins all under lock and key.[/spoiler]

But Shiva just disappears after stating that she underestimated Batman.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Coughing Hobo posted:

Most of the bugs in this game are absurdly annoying, but I encountered one that just made me laugh throughout the entire encounter.

I used the disruptor on a weapons crate prior to a fight, and all-throughout, I was treated to an endless cacophony of all of the thugs yelling out as fast as the game would allow "I NEED THE KEY" "WHY WON'T THIS STUPID BOX OPEN" "OH GOD THE LOCK'S BROKEN", at the total expense of any of their other normal battle quips.

A very entertaining wall of noise.

Seems entirely appropriate. I mean, if I ended up going against THE GOD DAMNED BATMAN in a fist fight and suddenly found out I couldn't pull a gun out of an all-too-conveniently-placed weapons cache, I'd be making GBS threads myself.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Yeah, in this game I feel like I always, ALWAYS have to wait for a guy to attack me if I'm in a crowd, because if I don't and try to hit someone, I'll get hit. Every. Single. loving. Time. Every time I press X, some rear end in a top hat is right there to punch me in the back of the head, and no matter how much I mash Y, it doesn't do poo poo and I get hit in the back of the head. It's especially bad on the boss fights where they keep loving throwing random shithead goons at you, because no matter what you loving do they're always there, smacking you the second you hit X.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

So the patch that landed today did one important thing: :siren: BATMAN CAN NOW CLIMB INTO THE VENT IN BURNLEY TOWER! :siren:

• Locked thread