Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004
stay out of yospos, bithc

So, I guess that Arkham City got rid of GFWL, and my saves along with it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

You can convert them. I just did it using this tool:

http://forums.steampowered.com/foru...d.php?t=3192933

Thanks.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Samurai Sanders posted:

No I mean, after they went into jail. They were just serving their time, trying to survive in a giant, cold prison with no food, with no guards to protect them from each other and run by crazy murderous people, and then a guy in a bat costume showed up and punched them all in the face.

Some of them actually run away if you walk up to them and others attack. It's up to you how you react to that.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I don't know about anyone else here, but I definitely get mildly cheesed when a reviewer gives a game I like + paid $50 for a bad score. Makes me feel ripped off.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Honestly, though, unless Origins is your first Arkham game, you should've known you were getting the same game over again.

Then why is it full price? Like that other dude said, City was expanded upon in almost every way. I watched a stream last night where the introduction to predator takedowns in Origins was ripped straight out of City and I just rolled my eyes and went to bed.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Dr. Video Games 0029 posted:

Contender for worst post of the year

Oh dear. Did you get a flash of buyers remorse induced insanity?

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I felt like when this conversation started that there was going to be a normal chat about a game being slightly disappointing, but then one guy loses his poo poo and suddenly I'm on neogaf.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Glare Seethe posted:

I've a quick question about Arkham City. I'm playing through it now and my current objective is to locate Ra's al Ghul and get a sample of his blood. Following the signal I've somehow found myself in the sewers underneath the restricted area en route to Wonder Tower, it seems, and suddenly I'm fighting Joker's goons who have captured some medical intern. Am I going in the right direction? It kinda feels like I'm not supposed to be down here yet.

It's been a while but I'm fairly certain you are heading in the right direction.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I leave them strung up because I refuse to believe that Batman would purposefully drop an unconscious man onto his head from several meters up.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

BiggerBoat posted:

I really think for the next installment they should (and I hate how this sounds) make it a tad bit more like the GTA series.

What I mean is let you patrol the city and tackle crime and plot hooks as you see fit, investigate crime scenes, beat the poo poo out of thugs and all that (sort of like they've done in the last two games), but also give you access to the Batmobile, the copter, the motorcycle, the boat and all that poo poo too. You could still keep the gameplay and the combat as tight as they've always been but maybe add a touch of mobility and a sense of really monitoring and controlling Gotham that, to this point, has been largely scripted and dealt with through cut scenes.

Origins touches on it some by letting you visit the Batcave and quick travel, for instance, but I think it'd be pretty fun to drive the tumbler through the waterfall out of the Batcave, wreck it somewhere, and then pull the motorcycle out of it, so long it's done done properly and didn't feel gimmicky or tacked on. Up until now, all of the vehicles are done via cut scenes and every time one happens, I find myself wanting to drive/fly whatever it is Batman is doing.

The open world aspect of City was terrible. I want them to go back to the tight feel of Asylum.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Is this game worth $10?

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Can someone explain why you need a guide for upgrades, and perhaps link a good one, please.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I want to punch whoever decided to make you unlock all the useless armour upgrades before getting to the real goodies right in the nuts.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

For me, the difference in the combat is the fact that there are moves that had i-frames in the previous games that don't in this one.

edit: in addition to the wonky counters etc.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I can't be the only person that made sure to beat up the room full of armed police in the visit to the GCPD instead of avoiding them with the remote claw. Should have been an achieve like Party Pooper.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

What's the giant update for Origins my PC just downloaded? I thought they weren't patching this thing so I assume it's files for the new DLC or something?

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

What the hell do you have to do to get the "finish a predator challenge unseen" Worst Nightmare challenge, because it sure is poo poo isn't getting the "unseen" reward at the end of the encounter.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Part of it involves not using any loud takedowns at all. Not even on the last guy.

It's dumb, I know.

Every single one silent. I assume that them spotting a body is a deal breaker as well?

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

So I still dunno what causes it. I'm getting the unseen exp award, but I'm not unseen according to the challenge. It's so dumb.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Fargin Icehole posted:

Did you finish the challenges leading up to this one? Because you apparently have to do those in order.

I could've gotten Shadow Vigilante ages ago had I realized I had to go slidekick into people.

Yeah.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

That's because the only place you can do #6 is the Gotham Bank, which only has two predator segments for the whole game.

It's this poo poo that made me shelve the game and never pick it up again.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

poptart_fairy posted:

So anyway, one of the most common complaints I've seen about Origins is that Black Mask is 'wasted' or 'done wrong'. Speaking as someone who doesn't know the comics, what is there to Mask that isn't in the game? During my (admittedly fairly brief) reading up on the guy he didn't seem to come across as much more than a criminal boss who was used as a scapegoat by his family, so murdered them and wore a mask made out of their coffin. That's...odd but doesn't strike me anything substantial and worth getting irritated by.

Bane in Batman and Robin, however...

I haven't got very far, but everything about the game feels "off". The combat timing is different. The collectables are actually stupid hidden GTA poo poo with no map. Some of the set pieces are cool, however.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

kalonZombie posted:

Only the Anarky tags and the Cyrus Pinkney journal pages. Everything else you can beat up a dude who works for the Riddler Enigma for.

Yeah I know there's other stuff that's similar to how the old way was, but I don't care. There's still stupid GTA style poo poo in there.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I haven't got to the end of the Penguin in Origins, but his story in City was so good. The final confrontation where Batman just unleashes a 16 hit combo on him when a single punch probably would have sufficed was perfect after all the poo poo he'd been through.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

There's a few things I don;t like about Origins after playing it a bit more. The change to the aerial move that was used for shield enemies is the worst because I played so much ranked fights in city that it;s automatic to try and abuse the iframes by flipping to another assailant, but if you do that in origins then you do an extra long animation whic results in a punch to the head. Also, the way batman gets into a fighting stance as soon as he sees an enemy pisses me off. There was nothing cooler than walking into a crown of mooks as calm as day and countering the first thug that attacked you and then unloading on everyone in self defence. Now, as soon as batman sees an enemy he squats down into this goofy martial arts pose. Boooo.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I just spent like 45 mins trying to beat deadshot while doing loud takedowns only to either die to dumb poo poo or set off the hostage murder and then I finally do it and I missed a takedown without realising. Please shoot whoever invented these challenges.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

There's absolutely nothing spoilery in that.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

So is can you run it retarded or will a 7800 series card not run the new batman? I can get GTA v running in high...

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Ya it works in a 2d cartoon, but looks like a batman themed gimp suit when modelled in 3d.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I bought Knight because I'm a fuckign idiot and it's $36 nzd from a reputable website.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

net cafe scandal posted:

I don't care about any of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

LOL!

• Locked thread