Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

Anticipation got me to reinstall AA and AC on my new-ish laptop, and all this middle mouse button nonsense is making me tear my hair out. Its not such an issue on AC, as I can re-map keys, but on AA, even though the left mouse key works fine for strike and what have you, it just will not spray the gel, and its not the R key as many on google suggest, thats secondary functions, like explode. Its pissing me off, as I completed both on my last laptop and cannot remember any such problems.

Anyone got any ideas? I have a touchpad, and don't really want to have to hook up a mouse, but if there is an easy way to re-map keys, I'll do it. Random button smashing (last frustrated resort) did nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

IchGestalt posted:

I liked the Deathstroke fight. Nice touches, animation and stuff. The atmosphere of the room looks quite nice, too.

I thought he was being voiced by JG Hertzler. It didn't sound like him, or anything I have previously seen. Surely they haven't fired everyone's favourite Klingon?

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

I was sure Hertzler was doing it. Did I just make this up?

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Not a sign of the Joker. This could go either way. He's not one of the assasins, but we know he is there. He has got to be there for something

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Just finished watching most of the stream of it that was linked here. Still want to play it, just can't afford it right now. I won't spoil anything, but I have tp say I do not like the new Joker; ythats not to say I want Hamill, as he would be wrong for a younger Mr J. There is one scene I missed when the stream hosed up that I want to see properly. and there is more emotion than previous Arkham games.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

VogeGandire posted:

Oh god. That ACCENT.

Its well norty. If you use the subtitles, its clear whoever transcribed it is not equated with accentented pseudo cockney. I was watching a playthrough thats in progress, and its one of those typical jabbering sorts. Doesn;t look like he has played any Arkham titles, as he has no realisation that Batman uses stealth (I think he forgot Batman has detective vision). The last one I watched, he spent a long, embarrassing time trying to get to the Boiler deck fights after wildly flailing about and falling into water. I loved that he finally figured it out, and goes "Hey, Chris can do stuff!" as Batman walks through a door and Penguin cackles "What a wanker!"

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Really? I thought that would have been a given. Oh. Still, for spoiler fans, In the credits there is talk of re-opening the old Elizabeth Arkham Asylum. Mind blown, I know.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

The Human Crouton posted:

(End game spoiler) They even have Joker read a poem over the credits(instead of singing a song)

The version I saw had Joker singing 'Cold, cold heart'

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Well thats a pain in the arse. The final Joker fight and it won't recognise counter. For fucks sake.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

THE CHORSE posted:

It looks like a new patch just went up.

I'm starting to get a little more confident that I'll actually be able to play through this without running into a game-breaking bug.

But Burnley Tower is still hosed? I am getting none of these patches through Steam, and its not my firewall. Is there anywhere else to get them? I'm on PC

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

To allay fears of Joker overload, I found this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itff-0UF8sY

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

MrJacobs posted:

So, as long as you don't attempt the arduous challange system it's fine? Because that is far from a major bug like falling through the city or being straight unable to complete certain mandatory sections of the game. I'm fairly sure those have been fixed, but the only major bug I've had in 2 playthroughs is some riddler goons glitching so I can't interrogate them and that's post-game only.

I've patched and patched ( I was being stupid about steam updates when I posted earlier) but now, after restarting the game because I couldn't counter Joker at the end. Now, the new game I can't lift the loving rubble off Alfred. All poo poo you can't swerve or ignore.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Right, it looks like Alfred has had his chips. Can't do anything, tried remapping, restarting, rebooting, everything. I am hosed if I am going to play the whole thing through again anytime soon. So disappointing.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Kaizer88 posted:

Or they could just cower in the corner and batman will leave them alone

One of my favorite things about the arkham games is listening to the banter between the thugs waiting around. There's one bit in AC where this dude does an amazing impression of Harley and Joker:
"Oh hurt me some more Mr J!"
"Distract them my dear, while I make a daring escape!"

I think that was John DiMaggio

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Poizen Jam posted:

Another issue with Batman's morality in the Arkham series; his knock outs are practically neck breaking smacks.

For a dude who's core principal is supposedly 'don't kill anyone', he's more than willing to put them in a wheelchair for life, or put them in a dangerous situation where death is likely.

Omelettes>eggs.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

MeatwadIsGod posted:

It happened in one of the Spiderman games (Spiderman 2, I think?) with Mysterio. I got a good chuckle out of that beat in Arkham Origins.

I sort of thought it was a reference to the '89 movie when that little asian chap in the alleyway leaps about with the swords, making a big show and dance of it, and Batman slams him in the knackers. With a dedicated Bat-Knacker-Slamming device

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Played through the Harley DLC on AC yesterday, and at the Bats beginning when you speak to Gordon, he says "When this is over, we need to talk about that other thing. Remember?". Is that some dropped extra content, or is he just talking about a thread from AC?

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Discendo Vox posted:

It's in reference to the comic book tie-in epilogue to AC, which involves a horriblly written, trite plot-from-beyond-the grave by the Joker. The specific thing Gordon is referring to is cremating Joker's corpse.

Tell me more!

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Excels posted:

Maybe he keeps the ashes in a fancy jar over his bat-fireplace

Oh, I think it would be in a pouch on the utility belt. Or Just get Joker stuffed and put in a glass case in the bat cave to moon over.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Isn't Blackgate Deluxe out today? I looked at Steam and its still not there.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

I was thinking it was waiting for America to fully wake up (In UK here)

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

I have watched a few videos of it, and not sold. They are selling it for 15 in the UK, so its not exactly a top hole offering. They should have just chucked it in with the GOTY version, which has to be coming soon.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Maybe a crap April fool, maybe not.
http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/...dio-discovered/

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Doctor Spaceman posted:

I'm not meant to get the Batcomputer helping on Mr Freeze on NG+ am I?

It worked once for me in normal game, and never again. Took a hell of a time to get the transmission, and it may be I have beat it too quick.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Doctor Spaceman posted:

In sandbox games like GTA (or RPGs like Mass Effect) it kinda makes sense to have some skipping abilities because the games are set up for a bunch of different playstyles. I'm not sure that applies to stuff like the Arkham games where the mechanics themselves are meant to be a big draw.

It worked for me the first time I played AC (on release), but when I went through this time on Normal it didn't work (I assume because I had an upgrade available; I got the Oracle transmission), and on NG+ Batman never even called Oracle.

Huh its odd. IIRC first time I got all the schematics eventually when I was in 2/3 takedowns into the fight, but never seen anything else beyond Barb telling me not to take him on in a straight fight.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

bunnyofdoom posted:

What Schematics are you talking about? You can unlock poo poo in the Freeze fight in AC?

You get schematics on Victor's suit, and it ticks along to show you the actual moves to do, and eliminates them when you have done a grate takedown, etc. This is just from memory, I may be wrong. I still get the tracking of the seeker drones and the tell when I am in Freezes's cone.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Sounds like LaMarche is back, which is great. The only person Freeze will ally with would be Penguin. But thinking about it, even if Freeze isn't an assasin so wouldn't really fit in with the main story, at least then they could have said Mistuh J for the DLC. Mind you, whatever way they worked Joker in would have had someone howling.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Cheap Vodka posted:

I genuinely like that all of the games have similar sounding goons. It's like Batman is beating the everloving poo poo out of the same dozen guys over and over for his entire career.

"I'm not a bad guy!I just make bad choices!" over and over and over and over

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

a cock shaped fruit posted:

I personally love the new batsuit. It looked silly from behind (which, arguably is how we'll see it most of the time) but framed up it looks badass.

Until you see the feet, and he looks like Mega-man and it doesn't really lend it self to back flips and acrobatics.

e: Actually, its quite funny if you view all the games in chronological order, and suits, abilities, and gadgets all appear to be lost or forgotten between games.

Trickjaw fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Apr 10, 2014

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

If Boyle is the guy I think he is, don't see how Wayne would let him be humanitarian of the year, which has to be the tie up. But then, Cobblepot wouldn't get that either. Saw some guy shaking hands in the video, but didn't recognise him. Maybe Quincey Sharp

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Hush only ever kills one dude for me

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Thanks, I would have never have bumbled into those little alleyways.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

After clearing out Hush, I dropped onto a rooftop , and a thug was having a piss against the wall. I actually loving waited for him to finish. I'm too polite to be Batman. Plus, if I threw him about I'd end up covered in piss.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

MonsterEnvy posted:

In the Arkham series it's really really clear that he is an insane man that clearly needs mental and physical help. Just listen to his audio clips.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4RiN_x0aGE

Also, clearly a paedophile, too. Just when you thought he couldn't get more loveable.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Discendo Vox posted:

That's less clear. While one of the mad hatters he's derived from in the batman universe is a pedophile( the stupidly grimdark "edgy" serious house arkham, if memory serves), it's quite possible hatter's "Alices" are all adults. It's not particularly clear he's going after them sexually, either.

Hmm. Thought it was mentioned in the Arkham wiki you kindly linked for me. Its from somewhere, I guess. I am in no way casting aspersions on strange little men that obsess over a book, that actually (and this just occurred to me, honestly) was writen by a noted mathmetician and kiddy fiddler!

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

How strange. Julian Day seems ro have his days mixed up. I went to see him, as its Easter Sunday, and he is telling me to call my mother. Silly man.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

I know there is no way I will ever stop the dlc mindset, (and I haven't bought ityet, just watched videos) but this really should just be included in the game. That Blackgate game would have been an acceptable dlc, I suppose. As part of the main story, this would have dealt with Penguin too, whereas in the main story he is more or less ignored.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

I saw that thing about AK at the weekend, but I don't tend to put a lot of stock with bleedingcool. I agree its better they take their time, I'll just get it on PC, but rushing to hit the Xmas market is not really Rocksteady' style.

Also, haven't had a chance to check, but is Gothcorp accessible in the core game (not inside, obviously, but it looks like its close to that loving power plant that divides the map). Also, steam is selling CCH at 7 here, so over $10. Summer sale is soon though..

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Discendo Vox posted:

Who on earth are you referring to? I can't puzzle it out for the life of me.

Quite the Mr. E

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

timeandtide posted:

None of the "legitimate" game news sites (Game Informer, who in fact just posted an updated game release calendar and still have AK as October 14; Kotaku, Eurogamer, etc. etc.) are posting about the Arkham Knight delay so I'd say it's likely Bleeding Cool being really stupid.

Actually, Steam still has 14th Oct 2014

• Locked thread