Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

ayn rand hand job posted:

You always have multi-heat batarang. You get rapid fire heat batarangs. (In other words, it removes the heat batarang charge time.) It isn't particularly long, but you have to hold it for a second.

I do wish they timed getting upgrades a bit better. You can finish riots after getting the EX suit, Tags after getting the 2nd drill piece, and Victims, literally rooms before the final boss (which have no mooks).

Why does everyone keep calling it the EX suit? I have seen a few reviews do this repeatedly. Isn't it the XE suit, for Extreme Environment? (Even though it doesn't look much for an extreme environment that isn't really chilly)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Arkham Knight will definitely be reason enough for me to buy a PS4 or maybe even a high end PC. I only bought and played Arkham City about 2 years ago, and since then I've replayed it more than I can count. I read in an interview that the Batmobile alone uses the same amount of memory as an entire Xbox 360 game. That gives a good indication of how much bigger the scale of Arkham Knight is.

I'm not quite sure what the Riddler is playing at with Riddler Cave race courses, but whatever.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Phylodox posted:

There's just always someone who pops up with "But they're badguys!" and "But it doesn't bother me!" isn't there? If you're not part of a demographic that has to regularly deal with gendered insults or the very real threat of sexual violence then that's great for you, but that doesn't make the perpetuation of that kind of culture okay.

And before anyone says anything, yes, murder and assault are terrible things that happen to people in real life, but there isn't an entire culture dedicated to delegitimizing those crimes and shaming the victims.

Its preferable to Fire-fly's puns. 'You say lip balm..' I never once heard Batman mention lip balm.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Assult on Arkham preview. Skirts into spoilery territory.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_qkZI7no8M

Oddly enough, the Riddler is not voiced by Wally Wingert. The Penguin also has bandages on his hand... even though Bruce Wayne won't break it for another few years. :v:

And a monacle,as opposed to the bottle bottom. Actually, was it ever explained in City why he has that trachea thingy? (Apart from smoking)

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

I still think Knight is just going to be a fear toxin induced hallucination, which is lame. Its also going to cause carpal tunnel for PC gamers if the batmobile has all those armaments. No one will follow Batman's rules

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

The weather in Gotham is always shifty. Makes sense with Scarecrow being in it that its set at Halloween, maybe some more old friends can come out to play like calendar man, or a rethought Holiday?

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Sdcc has brought some Arkham knight figures. Nothing too exciting, just Bats, Harley, Arkham Knight, and Scarecrow. Looking at Scarecrow (who looks very good) he seems to be wearing a leg brace. Probably after Croc got him in Asylum. Cant link as on my phone, sorry.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

EvilTobaccoExec posted:

Just taking a moment to reflect on how absurd it is that Arkham City's Penguin has a beer bottle permanently stuck in his eye that doctors cant remove because... reasons, instead of him just being a chap that really likes monocles.

Its a prescription bottle bottom. Also, a loving gift from Mistah Jay. I still am slightly intrigued by the tracheaotomy thing. He must have got throat cancer from those stogies.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

All this emphasis on Ace CHemicals, I can't see anyway they would avoid Mistuh Jay showing up.
"Oh, Batsss, this was where we began, remember?"

It also seems to gave grown out over the bay, but w/e

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I know what character I want playable in Arkham Knight now. :v:

You can play as him in Lego Bats 3, as well as Ace, and some chimp detective. Never play as Mr mxylpx though, I think Gilbert Gottfried voice him and just shrieks all the loving time.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Amazon are selling it with Harley dlc and prototype batmobile dlc. Is the batmobile stuff new?

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Preordered, which I don't do, but can't resist. gently caress the season pass for now, its still £32. I used the URL from Amazon on flubit.com and it came back from gameseek.com at £31, for the regular game with Harley, so I snapped it up

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Quick question, and I fear I know the answer; Is the season pass for PS4 region locked? As in, I can't buy it from that Columbian site and expect it to work here in the UK?

Trickjaw fucked around with this message at 12:29 on Jun 14, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Discendo Vox posted:

Lotsa hints at planned side missions in that intro, though- and probably some easter egg code thingy in one frame somewhere like the last few.
I'm guessing Pauli's Diner flickering sign is reference to Paul Dini, Henry Adams is missing, but no idea who he is, there are loads of newspapers and signs, but, frankly, I'm not one to freeze frame through stuff. One very nice touch was 'Only you' playing in the Diner.

So excited for this, and it will arrive whilst I'm out of the country :(

• Locked thread