Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time

Excels posted:

Maybe he keeps the ashes in a fancy jar over his bat-fireplace

Or in the mouth of the t-rex in the batcave?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

catlord posted:

Also I wish I could use all those neat costumes I have, at least City had the code to let you use them any time (I think I only used the main costume a handful of times in City).

I'm pretty sure you can switch your costume at any point in the game if you go to the batcave. You don't even need to beat the game like you had to in City. Granted, I've never used it since most of the alternate costumes sorta suck, so I don't know of it resets to the default costume after you leave the batcave or something.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

Crappy Jack posted:

You can't switch costumes unless you're in the post game or NG+, sadly.

Well poo poo. Why is it even there until then?

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

gently caress that AR training in Amusement Mile/The Steel Mill. You know the one. You had to hit the tunnel just right. I don't even remember the payoff for beating the second round. Must have been really worth it.

E: For as awesome the reward for the first round is, you'd think you'd get something for that second round. What were they thinking?

Mogomra fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Apr 1, 2014

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

I honestly thought the game coming out on the PC was the April Fools joke.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

The Bane boss fight didn't suck half as bad as the predator segment just before it.

"Oh yeah, gently caress you, Batman. We put explosives on your gargoyles. AND there are loving mines everywhere."

Origins is definitely harder than the other two games. The random bugs with the free flow system don't help. I feel like it's a genius gimmick to make Batman seem less experienced. It has to be. Right?

I tried to silently take down a sniper next to the helicopter pad on the GCPD roof and I just couldn't. The game didn't give me the option to, so I ended up doing that stupid counter animation through the dude's back. Then when he spotted me, I tried to jump off the roof where he was standing, but there was an invisible wall

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

Crappy Jack posted:

It's also terrible for points, but I love dropping down behind the last guy standing and following him for as long as I can until he spins around to see me standing directly behind him.

I didn't know you could do it any other way.

I like doing a beat down on the last guy. It like Batman was saving that poor bastard for last.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

Phylodox posted:

Drop down, punch the guy in the back of the head, grapple back up, wait.

Continue until he collapses or you get bored.

It's better if you wait for him to taunt you, then jump down and land on his head. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

What's wrong with City's story? I enjoyed it. It wasn't perfect, but I thought it was far from horrible. People in this thread keep bashing it, and I wanna know what I'm forgetting.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

Eh, if you keep following the poison plot thread it's not that bad. You can pretty much save everything else except the Mad Hatter side mission for after the finale and it'll make sense.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

Sorry guys, Arkham City didn't work out, but at least we can just nuke every loving thing. And you can too!

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

Yes, Ra's was totally unnecessary. At least he got an insane beating after that tedious boss fight.

He's definitely my least favorite part of the game, but not enough to ruin it for me.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

My favorite part about the combat in Origins is pressing counter to see Batman strike that stupid rear end counter pose and then get hit in the head with a steel pipe. He's just trying to look good, why do you guys have to beat up on him?

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

Were the PS3 versions gimped graphically? I only have Asylum on the PlayStation, and I haven't played it in years.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

The freeze gun thugs are pretty easy just like most of the other armored enemies. If you focus on them with a beat down, you can build up your combos pretty quickly, and just counter/instant takedown anyone who comes near you without breaking the combo.

The only time there's any issue is if there's more than one guy with a gun, in which case you might have to jump around a bit to avoid getting ventilated or frozen.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but which Robin is in Arkham City? I'm assuming it's Tim Drake, but I guess it could be Jason Todd. I honestly can't remember if it's mentioned anywhere, or if I'm just supposed to know...

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

Veotax posted:

That and the character profile you unlock specifically states that it's Tim Drake.

People look at those?

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

Looks like a lot of half second clips of gameplay with a "cinematic" camera or whatever you want to call it.

Still looks nice though!

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

I'll take the delay. It gives me more time to upgrade my desktop, because holy poo poo that looks like it'll shred my current setup.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Batman wakes up at the end of the game. Alfred is waiting with tea. "Bad dream, sir?" "I dreamt I was fighting a dark, twisted version of myself. There were tanks and quadcopters and foul-weather fowl. And you were there! Oh, it's good to be home, Butler A! It's good to be home."

It was all a dream

But then it turns out that It was a dream in a dream and Alfred is trying to steal Batman's memories to build a clone army.

Wait.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

I really hope the glide speed is that fast in the actual game. I always felt like Batman was taking a leisurely break when you ended up having to glide for a while.

Until you get the grapnel boost.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

I've played Metal Gear Solid 2 way too many times for that poo poo to scare me.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

I swear, if Joker shows up to steal the spotlight halfway through the game I'm gonna.... well I'm probably gonna just keep continue playing for dozens of hours anyway, but still!

I'd be really surprised if he didn't show up in a scarecrow fear toxin trip somewhere.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

ImpAtom posted:

Beatdown is faster and even more brutal.

This is the single greatest thing I've ever heard. I -- I just can't wait...

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

Are there ever any preorder discounts for big titles like this? Honestly, being able to play as the series' most annoying character doesn't interest me at all.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

That sounds like you beat the game.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

I had a ton of issues with combat timing in AO on my PC. Batman would do things like punch and miss the guy directly in front of him, or do the counter animation and still get hit in the head with a lead pipe. That being said, it was never more of an issue than some mild frustration that I didn't get a huge perfect free flow combo.

I haven't had any off those issues at all in any of the combat challenge maps though.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

Heh, do you guys even know about Batman?

This is the dude that has a backup bat-persona incase someone tries and succeeds in destroying him subconsciously.

I feel like what you guys are talking about would be infinitely easier to accomplish.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

The weird part is that he says that to Batman. Who says something like that to Batman?

Batman was just using his master detective skills to get that information out of him. Duh.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

I keep trying to play New Game Plus in Arkham City but it keeps forcing me to sit through this awful plot that I just saw in regular New Game. I keep turning the game off after 15 minutes.

It's the same thing, just with harder enemies and no counter cue floating over goon's heads. Totally worth it.

I did play through it since the plot of AC really doesn't bother me as much as it does for other people in this thread.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

I was expecting to be shown how to play the game. What a let down.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

My method for E. Nigma in Origins was to ignore him and skip everything I didn't need to do for the main story.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

Discendo Vox posted:

Spooky Ghost Monster Batman had incomplete particle effects that were corrupting drivers on test computers, or something of the sort, iirc.

I had no idea that skin was thing until now

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Well, we've already got Scarecrow (Joker), who is running the Arkham Knight (Joker), plus we know Harley (Joker), Two-Face (Joker), and Penguin (Joker) are running around, too. That Calendar Man thing from before is a good hint that the Joker will also be appearing.

Batman's going to visit Joker's grave (which is right next to Jason Todd's grave) to notice that they are both empty and Scarecrow put the bodies in the Lazarus pit and now we've got Batman: Arkham Knight.

The entire game is a nightmare, at the end you wake up an get a call from Commissioner Gordon saying that they've found Joker and you have to apprehend him and take him directly to Arkham Asylum.

Bruce rolls out of bed and mutters, "Looks like I'll be spending another night in Arkham." The emphasis on "night" is an obvious pun, and just before the credits roll, he looks over his shoulder at the camera and winks.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

ZearothK posted:

Glad to see Batman's fighting style remains as non-lethal as ever.

ToastyPotato posted:

The safest way to incapacitate someone is to slam their head into a live circuit box and hold them as the electricity empties into their twitching body.

Yeah, did I see him open up on some thugs with the chaingun on the Batmobile too?

Holy crap, Batman. Relax.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

I really think it's going to be a Lazarus Pit-ified Jason Todd. The line in the trailer about revenge or whatever makes me think that.

Could be a clone too, but for Batman bucks are on Jason Todd.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

Canemacar posted:

I thought it was a foregone conclusion. They're offering all kinds of Red Hood(Todd version) stuff like sculptures and DLC for preordering.

Yeah, that stuff makes me think that too.

Pirate Jet posted:

Origins is essentially non-canon at this point. They abandoned bugfixing in exchange for rushing the last DLC out, they put it and its season pass on sale for as much as 60% off before Cold Cold Heart even came out, and they refer to Knight as "the final entry in the Arkham trilogy."

My steam version got updated the other day with a bunch of bug fixes

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

Yeah, I definitely agree that AK being a brand spanking new character is a possibility, but until I know for sure, I'm just gonna bank on Todd. I think it fits pretty well with Arkham City and the other stuff we've seen.

You guys can think what you want, and you might be right, but I just don't buy it. Mostly because of STID, and MGS2/5.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

mysterious loyall Y posted:

what if the Arkham Knight....... is Superman?

I think it would be pretty cool for Superman to stop by for a little bit in AK.

He could offer to help Batman because poo poo's getting bad, and then Batman can be a total dick in return.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

khwarezm posted:

That doesn't make any sense, because of what happened with just two completely different franchises you think Rocksteady is just lying? At any rate, given the deflated 'oh...' reaction the STID 'twist' it would probably be more boring if he really did turn out to be somebody we all know already, also, remember the general reaction everyone had when it turned out the Joker was the main villain in Origins? I think rocksteady would do well to avoid dumb gimmicks like that at this point.

It doesn't make any sense because I'm mostly joking. (I still think there will be a twist involving the new villain though)

• Locked thread