Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

So that glitch to get past the PC tower bug works, and is hilarious. I wonder how he even figured it out.

Lodin posted:

So uh, what are the buttons on the 360 pad to do the quick versions of item use like the rope launcher or explosives in combat again? I know there's a move list of sorts in the skills menu but I can't seem to find them. Only played the previous games with mouse and keyboard.

And like others have said, other than bugs like the poo poo in Burnley Tower this is an awesome Arkham. The recycled parts of the map feel like Saints Row 2 and 4 in that they are just different enough that it feels fresh.

LT + Y - Quick Grapple
LT + X - Quick Explosive Gel
LT + B - Quick [item you get early]
RT (double tap) - Quick [item you get later]

edit: fixed

Hashy fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Oct 26, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

gannyGrabber posted:

Also Babs is clearly a goon.

Sweet pwnbox, Batman

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

doctor 7 posted:

OK this is weird, I can't seem to find out how to disassemble weaponry in fights. Where the hell is it in any tree because fighting 8 guys with 5 shields and 3 knives is kind of annoying.

It's unlocked through one of the most wanted missions so it's in that section.

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

I kind've like what they've done with the combat. It definitely has some bugs that will very occasionally break your combos, like counters sometimes doing nothing but dropping your combo, but I like that I had to almost re-learn how to play after being good enough at Arkham City to reliably flawless freeflow everything. There's a much greater need for effective crowd control.

To the people complaining about this: the Arkham games have never let you cancel out of everything with counter. This doesn't feel much different from City in that regard.

Been playing with Nvidia Shadowplay so here's a quick video of a combat challenge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93D9bAvCwgk

Hashy fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Oct 31, 2013

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

I've ruined too many combat challenge scores because I'm unable to resist doing this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

That's disarm and destroy (X+Y). With the explosive tanks and fire extinguishers you'll lob them into a nearby enemy.

• Locked thread