Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I'm trying really had to love this game and it keeps doing things to change my mind. I had to install it to my 360 HD because it wouldn't start at all, then it crashed on me twice. Now I just finished an amazing boss fight, after several tries, and the game crashes on me again. It's so drat frustrating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
It's not a bug, it's an awesome gag.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I think it's time for me to finally give up on this game. From the moment I loaded it into my 360 it's failed to load twice, crashed on me six times, and now Batman has been loaded into a mysterious gray void where he falls forever and with him six hours, or more hours of gameplay.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
How or when does special combo boost unlock?

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Crappy Jack posted:

It's way down the upgrade path. Like, you have to fully upgrade all of your armor before you can unlock it. Both melee and gunfire paths. It's stupid.

Ugh, that's loving terrible! I hate this new upgrade system so much.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Platypus Farm posted:

I'm only through the Penguin's section, but the story in this game seems very focused on batman being a huge unhinged rear end in a top hat.

I just beat the game last night and I'd say by the end he's much less of an rear end in a top hat than he was in City. Keep in mind this is still early in his career and he's become consumed with his mission. By the end he's realized what a dick he had become and settles down a lot.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Sober posted:

Oh really? I thought it was like AC and they were supposed to have counter indicators on because of QTEs and all that and NG+ moving forward removed them because you were expected to know when to QTE (occasionally with a hint I guess). Did not know you could turn it off from the menu right away.

Speaking of Deathstroke, I'm surprised the playable version of him is unique. Wasn't there a lot of hubbub about him being a reskinned AC Robin? I played Deathstroke for a while and he is muuuuuuuuuuuuch faster than AC Robin (who I thought was the slowest of all the fighters) and doesn't actually seem to have the same move set other than having the staff. Except Robin was slow as gently caress.

I keep hearing people say robin is slow and I can't disagree more. In fact I'd say he was the fastest of all the AC characters and my favorite to play as because of it. I live playing as Deathstroke because he's a stronger Robin with Disarm and destroy.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Russad posted:

Honest question: what value does having civilians provide to an Arkham game?

I'd say none, if this game was like the first and took place on a isolated Island prison. But having a huge open world city filled with just random mooks just feels hollow. At least that's how I felt playing Origins.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Arkham City is an amazing game with a terrible story. Origins not only features a better narrative, it gives Batman the best characterization of the entire series.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Discendo Vox posted:

Batman also routinely addresses "Alfred" in full hearing of various conscious enemies he's just beaten, most obviously Black Mask.

It's not like there's only one person in all of Gotham named Alfred.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Shindragon posted:

You know alot of people said they didn't like Arkham/City Batman, but I thought Origins Batman was more of a dick than both. Granted yeah rookie and all but he was just a straight up dick.

No way, the AC version of Batman was way worse. At least in Origins he realized that he was being an rear end in a top hat and calms the gently caress done. In AC he's a dick to all of his allies the entire time for no reason at all.

As there's no way they don't cram the Joker in this game at some point. Probably thanks to some fear toxin hallucination.

JT Smiley fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Feb 27, 2015

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Why would you not what more characters,.especially when they are totally optional ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

SonicRulez posted:

Because...it's cool? Is that not the reason for most of it all? Why bother updating the graphics when the game will still play the same regardless? Because it looks cool. Why add the Batmobile? It's cool. I don't think there really needs to be motive behind adding gameplay mechanics besides "it will be fun". Sure this one random guy might not like the idea of fighting along side and switching to Robin, but the minority is getting outvoted in this case.

Seriously, I'm surprised to see some many people against adding a little character variety to the gameplay. Especially when it's a game based around Batman who's had more side-kicks/partners than any other character in comics.

• Locked thread