Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Veotax
May 16, 2006

There was a twenty minute preview on Gamespot a few weeks back, they pretty much said that up until now all Batman has gone up against are gangsters and street thugs. This game will be the first time he faces 'Masks' and super villains.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veotax
May 16, 2006

I'm just hoping that Joker isn't going to dominate the plot again. I thought that Arkham City was going to be about Hugo Strange and the mysteries of the prison, but that got relegated to less than a B-plot once Joker entered the plot (that being five minutes in).

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Not a very interesting boss, but judging from the cutscene after the fight it seems to be pretty drat early in the game.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Yup. Sounds like a repeat of Arkham City, in terms of how big his involvement is.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

seal it with a kiss posted:

Speaking of it not being out, it's now available for pre-load on Steam.

Awesome. I ordered the game from greenmangaming.com; does anyone have any experience with them, when do they usually send out their keys?

Veotax
May 16, 2006

No, preloading is just downloading the game in an encrypted and unplayable form. It allows people to (in theory) play the game the second it comes out and decrypts, without having to wait for it to download on release day.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Console version is made weeks if not a month in advance, needs to be shipped all over the place. You just need the know the right stores that are willing to break the street date. There's one I go to occasionally, but they overcharge and don't give you a receipt (so there's no paper trail).

Veotax
May 16, 2006

I believe the achievements mention Riddler stuff.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

TheCoon posted:

It's not dumb, they release keys whenever they get them. Saying "Yeah, we'll definitely get your keys out before release!" would be dumb.

They've recently posted in their forums that the keys will be going out at some point today.

I've just received mine!

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Well, it is a prequel so it's now in chronological order!

Veotax
May 16, 2006

BreakAtmo posted:

I still haven't gotten to play Injustice. Gonna get the PS4 version for sure.

I think he's talking about the tie-in comic, which after the first few awkward issues did some really neat stuff.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

PoshAlligator posted:

Anyone else run into the glitch with the Industrial District Comm Tower in origins where you smash the thing but the gate doesn't unelectrify? I've tried quitting and reloading but it just doesn't work. YT footage has confirmed it's meant to turn off. Pretty annoyed.

Did you smash both consoles? The other is a little hidden.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

Is that first Electrocutioner fight really bugged? The way that played out, I thought that was totally intentional (Guy's taunting you, and you just clock him, knocking him out. The girl sends in a horde of thugs to stop you instead.). How is it supposed to go?

It's not bugged, it's a joke fight.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

So, Deadshot: how do you get his sidequest to trigger? I've seen people saying that you get told about it after leaving the Steel Mill after beating Copperhead, but all that happened was Batman started tracking Electrocutioner. Nothing about Deadshot.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Your First Sim posted:

Alfred should have called you about a distress signal after you leave the Steel Mill. It leads to Deadshot.

Hm, did't get that. According to my stats page I'm 90% through the story but I still have three Most Wanteds left to unlock. I'll try going back to the steel milland leaving again.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

FAT WORM OF ERROR posted:

Whats the deal with this power quick fire gadget? I unlocked it but it didn't explain what it was as far as I could tell!

It just means that quick fire gadgets get a damage boost when you're in that 'rage' mode (when the screen goes slightly red and distorted and Batman starts moving super fast).

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

It looks as good as Arkham City, with no noticeably major enhancements over that. The Physx stuff is a bit better, with snow simulation. However, despite being technically equal to AC, I'd say that AO is a less impressive graphical showpiece, due to the heavy use of pre-rendered cutscenes. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the previous games had very little pre-rendered CG stuff, but AO is chock full of it. Every single major cutscene is CG, including most of the cool non-controlled fight scenes. I seem to remember that stuff being in-engine previous. The CG looks nice, but I'm really not impressed by CG at all anymore and I think it would have been cooler to have that stuff just be in-engine.

The cinematics in AC were awesome because they pushed the graphical engine really far with them, and that game turned out to be easily one of the best looking games out there. AO is unremarkable because they don't push it at all and rely on the CG instead.

Nope, just as much of both Asylum and City was pre-rendered. It's more noticeable in Origins because they up the quality of the lighting in the FMVs.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

CuwiKhons posted:

I'm pretty close to being done with the main storyline and there's still two Most Wanted's that haven't activated yet. I've got Mad Hatter, Shiva, Deadshot, Black Mask, Anarky, Penguin, and of course, Riddler so who am I missing and how do I find them?

You get one close to the end of the game and one after completing the story.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Shockeh posted:

I can't get the 'Use the Sonic Batarang to lure into a takedown' - I use the Batarang to lure a guy into a place where I take him down, and it just never gives the challenge, What's the craic goons?

I think it needs to be a 'special' takedown, not a silent one. Try throwing one at a floor grate and hide in there, then do a grate takedown.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

^^^^You put the gel on a destructible wall and detonate it when there is a dude on the opposite side of the wall.

numptyboy posted:

If you do keep your 560 as a dedicated pyhsx card.

I kept my 570 in the box alongside the 680 - the few pyhsx games that come around look amazing.

Is that a thing you can do now? I thought SLI required both cards to be the same make and model.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

BIG HEADLINE posted:

You wouldn't be physically bridging them in SLI mode, you'd just have the 560Ti running PhysX duty.

Huh, guess I've just never looked this stuff up.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

GuyCastle posted:

3) This is the one that's driving me bonkers. In Burnley, East of the comms tower on the edge of the map, there's a stairway along the waterline leading up to a door. It's also the same location where you need to charge up a generator to unlock a data pack. Now, that door is locked, and I'm wondering if it's a result from what I described in question 1) or if it's somehow a DLC related thing no one is supposed to be able to open?

That's related to an unmarked side quest. Have you seen dedication plaques to Cyrus Pinknee around the city? Scan one of those in Detective Mode.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

raditts posted:

I would actually think a 2.5d budget game that used this engine would be pretty cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cy1vDe7Tf_g

No idea how it is though.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

A lot of the rooftops count as predator events, I managed to get the 'Complete a predator encounter without using Detective Mode' without even trying when I cleared a rooftop with two guys on it.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

mysterious frankie posted:

Does anyone know what I do with these Cobblepot Boxes? It says to go to the Black Market to pick up my rewards, but there's nothing going on in the ship when I get there.

They're multiplayer rewards, dude.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

mysterious frankie posted:

Ohhhhhh. Thanks. What are they? Costumes?

Yup, your characters in multi are actually pretty customisable.

I really like the multi in this game, shame it'll be dead in a month though.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

I, Butthole posted:

So if I'm back at Blackgate for the second time doing a predator room with a sniper and Harley inside am I close to the end/past the point of no return? Should I be backing up my save now just in case I hit that final boss bug that's going around?

You're well past the point of no return. End boss is coming up soon, I think.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

PC as well, this was srota' leaked a few weeks back. Someone at Valve hit something they shouldn't have and a bunch of indev games (including some that haven't been announced yet) showed up on the Steam stats page.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

This Charming Man posted:

I believe it's already been confirmed that it's for several challenge maps only.

https://www.batmanarkhamknight.com/#preorder

It's probably for all challenge maps and it comes with a few extra. That's how it worked in city and Origins.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Excels posted:

If they didn't want Origins to be bad they should have made it themselves.[/i].

I highly doubt Rocksteady got a choice in the matter.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Thanks, Predator guides that said rooms were Hard that were actually Medium (I know the real issue here is the Challenge system).

The Joker Robots in HQR were new weren't they?

Unless they did something unique that I'm not remembering, then they were just re-textured Wonder City robots (although you never fought them in the main game).

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Oh, goodie. I've been hit by the infinite falling bug in My Alibi, in the DLC. Now whenever I load my save I'm just falling forever in a black void.

I guess I'll get back to this one day, I really don't feel like re-starting the DLC after playing for that long.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

MeatwadIsGod posted:

I've been reading about Arkham Knight, and it's cool that the entire game will take place in-engine with no prerendered cutscenes. Now if only we could get some gameplay footage. ..

Apparently the live demo they showed to the press at GDC had a terrible framerate and was kinda crashy. Probably not in a good enough condition to show to the general public.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Crappy Jack posted:

It's Tim Drake, I forget if it's Oracle or Batman, but someone in the Harley DLC explicitly calls him "Tim" at some point.

That and the character profile you unlock specifically states that it's Tim Drake.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

poptart_fairy posted:

"I'll see this one wheeled into Blackgate on a gurney. :mad:"

Jesus christ Bats, calm the gently caress down!

But...I feel guilty for enjoying Ezio Redfield over Kevin Connory's voice acting. The rougher, angrier Batman seems to gel much better with the image of the character I have in my head I guess.

I kinda preferred both Sonic the Bathog and the Joelker over Conroy and Hamill. Don't get me wrong, I love their performances but it was refreshing getting some new talent after hearing them for so long.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

The Injustice comic has done pretty good by Harley (Injustice is actually a shockingly good comic, with some awkward early issues).

Veotax
May 16, 2006

bunnyofdoom posted:

Coulda been another ace facility in the section of Gotham not seen in AC.

They say that the Ace building in City is the admin building, so this is almost certainly a different place.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Was that Firefly in the trailer? I'm surprised they're using anything from Origins, for some reason I thought Rocksteady had some animosity towards that game. Although I guess that might be something that's been exaggerated by the internet over time.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

JustJeff88 posted:

A question for people who know more about the series than I do, which is admittedly almost everyone:

I have the GotY editions of both Asylum and City on Steam. However, I have a shot at the PS3 of both for very little money, and I am really keen on the idea of playing them on my big telly. Despite quite a lot of searching, I have not been able to fully answer this question: Is the content for the PC GotY editions of Asylum & City the same as the content for the PS3 versions? If the PS3 GotY editions have the same content (or more) than the PC versions, I am probably going to get them on the cheap.

Thanks in advance for letting me know.

The PS3 version of Asylum should have the ability to play as the Joker on a small selection of Challenge Maps. That's the only piece of DLC that I'm aware of that only came out on one platform.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

EDIT: Goddamn, the amount of preorder bonus/retailer exclusive content for this game is insane :stare:

Not really? The only thing on that list that matters is the Red Hood pack and the skins (and I don't think the skins even matter myself). Everything else is just random store credit, a loving steel book, some lovely PS4 theme and unlocking some abilities early (and gently caress that noise).

• Locked thread