Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Janus

Janus thought on that. "They'd likely believe that, but I'm not sure if that matches the purposes of the mission." He looked towards Victris. "As he said, it shouldn't look as if his demise was planned. We don't even know WHAT the reason is why he specifically needs to die. For all we know extracting vengeance and making due is the reason the man needs to die. Would be interesting though if we ended up accidentally using the truth as a lie, but I think the idea is that the inquisitor's death should not be linked to Chaos."

"But that only strengthens my belief we should move in one group. We do not want to be spread out over the ship when powerful daemonhosts are coming after us." He picked up the dataslate. "Hmm... the ratings do seem to be the weak point of this ship. Unwilling slaves to the Imperium, disgusted by the wealth of the Ecclesiarchy. And they do not KNOW there is an Inquisitor on board. Pushing them into rebellion should maybe not be that hard. We might even be able to simply... take the ship, rather than destroy it. It IS a ship with a lot of technological marvels. I'm sure we'll find quite a few interested parties to give those a close look, unrestrained by Mars. Hmm... all right. How's this? We head for the Astropath, take him out as quickly as possible. After that, we head for the communication array. There, we should not only be able to prevent communication to the outside, but also encourage the crew to cast off their shackles, and throw their lot in with us. Then, we make our way towards the Inquisitor, and kill him. After that, depending on how many of the ratings join our side, we destroy the ship, or claim it."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vulin
Jun 15, 2012
Balthreor

"The purpose of a mutiny wouldn't be to kill the Inquisitor, but to give us the opportunity to move more unhindered and complete our tasks without being detected right away. And with him ", he points towards Phovros. "it will be impossible to sabotage anything without being found, if we don't have any support from the crew."

"Is there any known pirate activity in the area? If so, disguising it as a pirate raid might be the easiest solution. At least easier than faking an Ork raid. Of course we would need a suitable voidship to lend it any credibility."

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Janus

"Fair point. Those combat servitors are likely to keep the crew cowed. But once we've 'gone loud' I'm thinking those Servitors will be occupied. With us, more specifically." He pondered the Khornite Marine's suggestions. "Sabotage would indeed avoid fighting the daemnhosts directly. But like Balthreor says, I'm not sure how we'd manage to execute that sabotage without being spotted early enough that a warning would be going out. However, perhaps we shouldn't bother with having ships. One of the advantage of our situation is that we'd be simply human sized figures right near their ship in the middle of the Void. Until we get on board of their ship, they are unlikely to see us. Being not spotted at all, is better than being spotted as pirates. Bringing a ship loses us one the trump cards we have in this situation."

So, just so we have the different suggestions on the table. Janus suggestion is
1: Stick together and head straight for the Astropath, taking him out.
2: Move towards comm facilities, prevent messages from getting out that direction, spread message both encouraging the crew to revolt, as well as making suggestion we're after this ship because of its wonderful technology.
3: In the chaos, murder our way towards the Inquisitor. If that is infeasible, murder our way towards parts that would allow us to blow up the whole drat ship.

Mad Moxxi
Apr 29, 2010

It's tough being cute.
Samira

With an air of satisfaction (and a faint smell of copper), Samira comes walking forth, seemingly blasted with a dark red paint. Upon closer inspection, it was blood and very fine particles of flesh and bone. The cleanest part of her appearance was her mouth, where she had been licking at the paste. Catching bits and pieces from the various conversations going on, she speaks up with an idea that comforts her lack of subtlety.

"If we manage to take over the comms, we could probably call all the astropaths to the same room. Once they've met up, boom. We blow them to bits. Once they're cleared from existing, there'd be no way for anyone to communicate to anyone outside of the ship."

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Nervad

The Alpha Legionnaire lets out a small chuckle. "Yes my good Janus that's some of what I sugested. I would recommend though that we start the mutiny first, so the first message this Astropath lets out is exactly what would be happening. I do like the idea of this being a stealth pirate attack though. Denying the Imperium a relic of a technological marvel like that ship would be... delicious really. You can leave the incitement of the worker masses to me. It is one of my specialties, understand."

I agree with Janus sugestion, just with one of the steps switched :v:

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.
Brego

"The Soriatas' plan bears strong consideration. We will already have control of the comms. It would be a simple matter to call up the crew rosters and summon the astropaths to their fate. One they are deaf, dumb, and blind, they are easy prey. A manufactory ship like that is a mighty prize, and the souls a generous gift to the gods."

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Harlan Grady

"The sheer number of assumptions being made here are... disturbing. First, how would we make the crew mutiny? Especially with an inquisitor known to be onboard, and combat servitors who are stored in the bulkheads of every hallway? The crew would know better. Second, to take over the comms and gather the astropaths, we need to infiltrate without being noticed, get near the bridge, again without being noticed, and then use the comms to make an unusual request that the astropaths obey for whatever reason. All of which still has us near the daemonhosts and inquisitor for far longer than I feel comfortable. Look, lets keep this simple. We make an entry near the engines, go in with hallucinogen grenades tossed left and right. Call in an emergency that says a hallucinogenic gas is leaking, and to ignore the insane reports coming from affected crew while we fix it. This should cause a delay in forces being marshaled against us for at least a few minutes. We get near to the engine, set the magbottle around the plasma drive to collapse after a few minutes, and then we make our exit. No more than ten minutes inside if we can avoid it. The ship will explode, the inquisitor dies, wreckage leaves no trace of anything but a failure in the engines. If the Inquisitor somehow escapes in a lander, he is now trapped in the system with no warp-capable transportation, and we can hunt him down as needed. The only thing this relies on is us being able to cause confusion when we first break in, and keep the officers unsure as to exactly what is happening for a few minutes, and the skills of a techmarine or heretek. No chance of encountering the inquisitor or a daemonhost directly since we won't be near them. Distance from the captain and active comm-warfare will prevent anyone from confirming who is attacking, and will result in a delay before the captain orders the astropath to send a distress call. Minimal time in the ship means troops cannot be mustered to attack us in any great number. It's the simplest plan I can conceive of that might work."

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Nervad

"I think you're underestimating the psychological effect the sudden appearance of all nine of us, especially Phovos over there, will have on the crew. Particularly if we offer them the opportunity of revenge against their masters. I also do not believe the crew knows who they're transporting, as the data-slate says 'The ship’s passenger manifest revealed that entire aft half of the command deck, including multiple large staterooms and a small private lander bay were reserved for an unnamed imperial official and declared off-limits for other passengers and crew not specifically given clearance to enter.'" The Alpha Legionnaire says while looking at the data-slate. "As far as the crew knows, they could be transporting an Administratum officer or even a stupid noble. Do we even know if this ship stores hallucinogenic gas? This is to be taken in consideration for them to even believe your story, Harlan."

Vulin
Jun 15, 2012
Balthreor

Balthreor shakes his head at Harlan's proposal."How we are supposed to make our exit? There will be no ship nearby to pick us up and getting our big friend inside a nearby escape pod might be problematic. Walking through the entire ship to get somekind of shuttle would defeat the purpose of your plan. I say that we'll stick to Janus' plan."

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Demeter can feel the psychic activity, and for a moment Victris is focused on something else, ignoring questions directed at him. It doesn't take a genius to realise that briefing you is an addition to, not a replacement for, his normal duties. After a moment he switches his focus back to you.

"Sorry, had to concentrate on receiving, someone had poor signal. How long does it take an astropath to send an unencrypted, undirected generic distress signal? About as long as it takes for someone to start screaming. Most of the time taken in preparing a message is spent making sure it stays private and goes to the right place and nowhere else. A distress signal would usually ignore both of those considerations. Basically, don't let their astropaths find out about you unless you've shoved a null rod up their asses first. The message might not get far if they had no time to prepare, but it would probably be enough to reach a relay station.

For getting off the ship, well, it's up to you. You could steal a transport, or the ship, or if you deal with the crew signal for someone to come get you, or just jettison yourselves and we'll pick you up when the coast is clear."

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Harlan Grady

"Our suits are sealed and environmentally secure, we can leave the way we made our entrance, using external devices to propel us back to where we were waiting. As for a hallucinogen, ships always have people smuggling goods that the officers don't know about, just claim that somebody was storing multiple tanks of a popular hallucinogenic, or even running a fungus-farm that was producing a hallucinogenic gas that they were selling. Mention a crewman screaming about his crop, say you suspect someone was dealing in xeno-flora without proper precautions. Anything that might be believable and cause confusion. As for revenge against their masters... you still assume that there people are disloyal, maltreated, and not fanatics of the emperor. A few discontents and people who aren't on the ship by choice isn't a guaranteed revolution. Far too many variables we cannot control to rely on it. Were this a long term infiltration and we could observe the crew behavior, it might be something we could consider... but not the moment we break into a ship."

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

Brego

Brego turns to Nervad. Now it's the Alpha Legionnaire's turn to be under the gun.

"Do you know shipwrighting so well as to tell me that there are no toxic substances in a manufactory vessel that can, alone or combined, cause visual or auditory hallucinations? Perhaps no cargo onboard can do so, but the viscous lifebloods of the ship are sure to be a mystery even to its captain.

"With some adjustments, Janus' plan is sound. Wresting comm control must be paramount, though. If we barrel toward the astropaths like mad grox, they will be forewarned before we find our quarry. But if we hold the comm, we can deafen them as we eliminate their only other means of communication.

"Surely you must see the logic."

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Demeter The Shattered

"The only one of you talking sense is the Apothecary. His plan is simple and direct, take the engines, sabotage the engines, hulk the ship. Plus, taking out the non-astropathic communications will be simple; all communication arrays on a ship are external. We disable the antennas. a good job for our large friend here while we get inside. All of your other plans rely on too many variables beyond our control, no matter how 'confident' you are that you can incite a riot. I still believe my plan to be superior, but as none of you see it that way, the Warbringer's plan is the only other logical solution, anything else begs for failure."

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

Brego

"That is also true. We can succeed in destroying the ship and all who dwell within it easily. But by accepting greater risk, we may yet reach the heights of reward. We are fully capable of carrying out this plan. The gods do not look kindly on cowards."

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Harlan Grady

"They also don't look kindly on the dead and on failures. Temper yourself. The gods will have their due, they have eternity to claim it, an eternity that we can only share if we act with caution."

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Janus

Janus sighed. "Well, I had hoped getting a message out that far would take longer, but if an astropath needs only moments, well, my plan becomes riskier. Killing astropaths before they can get a message out will not be an easy thing. If there is more than one, and they are spread out, the risks increase by orders of magnitude. Harlan's proposal has the advantage that we'd never need to get close to them, if it works. His plan is sound, and might bring us victory. Disadvantages are that we will not gain the ship or its crew, and that we will not be able to confirm the death of the inquisitor in person. One thing we need to know. How far would we need to be from the ship to survive its engines exploding? Could we have a small ship of our own laying around inert and distant a little distance away for us to get to and make our escape, and pursue any escaping crafts, or would that be easily detected?"

Shogeton fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Dec 30, 2013

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Demeter The Shattered

Demeter looks to Brego, surprised in his close-mindedness, as of late he seemed to pride himself on his intellect, "Come Brother, there are greater rewards than just the material wealth the ship is worth. Are we mere pirates, or are we Astartes? The gods can be placated with all the killing, we can take the extra time to anoint the power supply with an arcane ritual and dedicate the destruction and the lives lost to any of the gods."

Demeter then turns his eyes with scorn at Janus. Another Slaaneshi, which the group did not need. And a youngling too; no longer was Demeter the fresh face among these ancient warriors, even if he had gone rogue nearly three millennia ago, and the younger one would soon learn that excrement did indeed roll downhill, "Did you not hear the astropath? He said he they could get out a general plea for help in nary an instant, but anything of more heft would need time. Even if the astropath gets off a message, it would be only a cry for help. We are not to do this totally undetected, but only that a Legion kill team was not involved."

The Blood Raven's eyes narrow on the Ultramarine's heavy bolter, "to that effect, we should avoid using any of our weapons that might leave a shell casing behind for investigators to discover. A bolter or an auto-cannon shell would narrow down the attackers to an astartes kill team. A plasma burn or power sword gouge on a bulkhead could have come from any number of attackers. If you're worried about being discovered, keep your heavy bolter at home."

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Janus

Janus looked at his Heavy Bolter. "Either we blow the ship up, or we conquer it. None of the plans we have assumes that the 'Labour of the Divine' will ever be investigated. Speed and thoroughness in killing all our victims will be of the essence in both of the plans. I kill a lot faster with a bolter than with any other weapon. As to the matter of Astropaths, I listened carefully. He said most of the time consisted in making sure the message got to one particular person only, not the length of the message. If an astropath is aware that Chaos Space Marines are boarding his ship, he'll be sending out a general, unencrypted distress message saying 'Chaos Space Marines are boarding our ship' in just a few moments. That will reach a relay station. And that will compromise our mission." He looked towards Victris. "Or that is how I understand it'

Mad Moxxi
Apr 29, 2010

It's tough being cute.
Samira

"I think we should just go in and kill everyone ourselves. Savor the little emotions they experience upon dying."

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Nervad

Nervad glances at Samira, but more importantly, her daemon weapon at her back. He smiles behind his helmet. "Well, that is always the final alternative if everything goes wrong Samira. In any case, I now understand the necessity of murdering this Astropath stealthy, perhaps when we 'land' there, me and Brego here can go ahead of the group for a little assassination mission, yes? The rest can go ahead and sabotage the engines like you so dearly wish." The Alpha Legionnaire takes his oh-so-useful camo cloak out and puts it on.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Demeter The Shattered

Demeter's eye begins to twitch. As usual the boyscout-in-blue was being ignorant; apparently some things don't change even when you embrace the dark gods. "As you said, 'none of your plans assume the activity will be investigated', that is because your mind is small. An ancient factory ship like this with an inquisitor on board is a priority target; its loss will be investigated. Imperial or Mechanicus forces will investigate the hulk that remains when our work is done. They will find your bolter shells and impact marks, when you undoubtedly miss, and that will give up the game. Only one type of boarding action would be using astartes-caliber bolters, and that would be astartes."

The Blood Raven's head is pounding. Being surounded by such idiots aggravated him. At least back with the chapter the marines heeded and respected the advice of their Librarians, but not among the forces of Chaos. Demeter picks up his data-slate again, "If you are so unskilled so as to be unable to efficiently kill, an astartes sole purpose, without your heavy bolter, I question your use in this group, and why our 'master' would even choose you to do his work. It seems I will not be listened to, so once the lot of you decide on a course of action that will get us all discovered or killed, I'll be in the Libarium." With that Demeter storms out of the room and heads to his quarters. First thing he needs to do is re-paint his armor; these fools were going to get them discovered, and Demeter cannot risk word getting out that a Blood Raven Librarian was accompanying a group of traitor marines, it would jeopardize his end game. It was days like this that made Demeter regret his course of action.

Demeter ain't having none yo' poo poo son. Also known as "he is a big petulant man-boy."

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Nervad

When the sorcerer storms out of the room the Alpha Legionnaire slowly shakes his head. Psykers, always so drat unstable... he thinks. "Is he always like that? I think the most obvious solution would be to find a mortal sized heavy bolter for you Janus, at least for this mission. Hopefully that will appease that demented sorcerer."

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Janus

"Well, he seems to be having a bad day, doesn't he?" He pondered. "To be honest I'm not sure if the risks coming with taking the ship ARE worth the increase in reward. I think we mostly agree that the plan 'blow up the engines' is the 'safer' one. But taking over the ship is tempting, and well... we Slaaneshites and temptation..." He gave a grin.

"As to my bolter. If we go with the plan to blow up the engine, my bolter will fire mostly near the engine, where I assume the plasma explosion will take care of any evidence. If many people insist, I'll use another weapon, but I like to be at my best for this thing."

"Now, whatever plan we'll go with, we'll need to iron out the details. So we should make a decision on it. Do you people who've been here longer have a chain of command or leader? Do you vote on it? Toss a coin? Armwrestle for it? In which case I suspect Phovos will have his way. Let's see, for the plan to blow up the engine, there's Demeter and Harlan, supporting the plan to kill the Astropaths, inspire rebellion and take over the ship, we have Nervad, Brego, Balthreor and me. I'll take Samira's desire to kill as many people in personal combat as support for the second plan as well, rather than the 'blow them all up plan' Should we just accept going with the plan to kill the astropaths and take over the ship. Noting that if things go very wrong, Demeter and Harlan will find our agonizing and ignoble demise to be accentuated with the sense of self-satisfaction that only 'I told you so' can bring."
He looked at Ahemait and the quiet Phovos. "Unless others feel this plan is completely unacceptable?"

Arguing is fun, but I figure we should move ahead hammering out the specifics of one particular one. I think we're going with plan 'take out comms, kill astropaths, inspire rebellion, kill inquisitor and take over ship?

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Shogeton posted:

Arguing is fun, but I figure we should move ahead hammering out the specifics of one particular one. I think we're going with plan 'take out comms, kill astropaths, inspire rebellion, kill inquisitor and take over ship?

which is why I had demeter storm off, let's do whatever we are going to do.

Also waci, I just realized swift and lightning attack are full round actions, meaning I can't use them with precog strike. Can I quick respend my exp from last disbursement before this mission starts? It might lead to an alignment change, depending on what I spend it on.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

Werix posted:

Also waci, I just realized swift and lightning attack are full round actions

No they're not? They're both half actions in BC and OW.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Waci posted:

No they're not? They're both half actions in BC and OW.

derp. I'm at work and don't have my books on me, so I was going by an apparently flawed memory. Then I rescind my request. imma lightning attack people with warp power!

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Ahemait

The sorcerer sighs as Demeter storms off, flicking through the dataslate as he was the last one to receive it. He looks up, giving the others a curious look. "Did the lot of you simply skim this? The crew does not know there is an Inquisitor aboard. He is merely listed as a high ranking official, and has his own section of the ship to himself, and none but the tech priests and the missionaries are there voluntarily." Ahemait shakes his head, lowering his head and continuing to thumb through the information.

"So we are dealing with the scum of the universe; criminals, heretics, the guardsman who would dare fart and chortle at it in front of his commissar, all pressed into labor to appease the followers of the corpse god for their imagined slights. Villains who are likely not pleased with their station in life, which means they're our kind of people and easy to sway with promises of riches and freedom." The Slaaneshi looks to Victris, holding up the slate. "Do you have access to the Divine's schemata and layout? If such a large portion of the ship is devoted solely to our inquisitor, then we may be able to enter without even dealing with others than our target and his protectors; we would simply cause an insurgency to cover our tracks, which should be simple with so many gifted with the warp among us, and simply walk out of an airlock with the man's body. I can likely stir the emotions of the crew, since I can still pass as a simple marine."

"Whether or not the rebellion succeeds is of no matter to us, but should they excel and gain the ship, we have gained an ally and a resource to use at a later time. Much neater and less likely to cause mess than 'run in throwing grenades,' as is our Khornate's ever subtle and delicate plan. You would almost think he was with the Changer, if you gave credit to his plan building skills." Ahemait smiles warmly, before once again looking back at the slate. "We may need to make copies of this, astropath. There is much to delve into here."

I have no major mutations other than angel wings, and I have Unnatural Fellowship 8 and 60 Fel. I have better than a 50/50 chance to get 9 DoS on a fellowship test, so yeah I can start a fuckin' riot if you guys can just waddle in and kill the Inquisitor in his 25% of the ship which is likely away from Astropaths and Navigators and major forms of communication. I highly doubt he'd have his own astropath but if he did we've got enough firepower to stop the guy from sending out his 'we are being killed by Chaos legions' haiku.

John Dyne fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Dec 31, 2013

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

Brego

Ones and zeros fly by behind Brego's eyes. The heterocromaic gaze goes distant as he weighs the variables, pros and cons reduced to simple mathematics. The new variables being introduced to the equation are rapidly decreasing the odds of overall success.

"Demeter's point is entirely accurate. Our goal is only the death of the Inquisitor. We have eternity with which to give homage to the gods. I cede the point to his straightforward plan. We take the engineering decks closest to the engines, make them ours, overload the drive, and extract. Who else is in favor?"

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Harlan Grady

Utterly unphased by his words suddenly being used as the words of another, Harlan simply nods. "Efficency is my goal in all endeavors, I stand by the plan to destroy the ship."

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Ahemait

"And how do you propose we extract? As the astropath said, we're to be ejected into space to await the arrival of our target's ship, several hours before the fact. Outright detonating a Goliath class would be idiocy, as we'd have nothing to flee with, or too." Ahemait sighs and rubs the bridge of his nose. "Particularly nothing that would escape the death throes of a plasma fueled Goliath."

"The man has less than 25% of the ship. It's half of the command deck, which is not a large portion of the ship. He possibly has a daemonhost, which I would presume is not willingly working to further the corpse god's plans and would be more likely to side with us, or did you all forget we are the allies of daemons?" He motions to Samira as he says this. "She talked a bloody daemon into her rifle, TALKED IT INTO HER RIFLE, and you fear one inside a mortal that yearns for freedom from his bonds at the hands of the False Emperor's servant? Even if he commands an army of them, we serve the Dark Gods, their very fathers and commanders!"

Ahemait tosses the data slate aside and stands, unfurling his white, feathered wings. "By the unholies, I can see why Demeter would be frustrated! You are all mewling pathetically and cowering in fear of an INQUISITIOR OF MAN." The sorcerer pounds his breastplate with his fist. "Look at me, you fools! I am touched by Slaanesh! I bear a fraction of the Prince's beauty, and the Lord of Excess' mark has been burned into my body; I have been blessed again and again by my god, and there are those among us who have gained even more! Do you truly fear a mortal so much that you would let him blind you to your own intelligence?" He scoffs, standing his full height.

"Are you all whimpering Guardsmen, or do you recall even a sliver of the Astartes heritage that lay uncorrupted in your veins?" Ahemait grins, looking around the room. "We will enter the ship through the Inquisitor's own shuttle bay and we will move mercilessly among his ranks, and slay him. We will raise the ratings and the peasants among the crew to our cause, against the unjust and rotting false messiah that would condemn them to licking the dirt from the boots of their 'superiors.' And we will take the inquisitor's corpse with us, and we will present it to our lord and leave the blame upon the pitiful mortals trapped upon that ship. Are you with me, Legions of Chaos? Or do you wish to squabble further, and pick apart petty details like the curs of the administratum until we miss our window?"

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Janus

Janus eyes were enflamed by the sorcerer's words. "I KNOW NO FEAR!" He said passionately, the up till then relaxed Chaos Space Marine flaring up for a moment. He looked with some surprise at Samira, and her weapon. Calming down a bit, he gave a grin. "Right, right... you're right. We'll keep it simple. Enter through the Shuttle Bay, cause some riots, destroy his escape route. Murder everything between us and him, which shouldn't be too much, I can't imagine an Inquisitor with his reputation has a lot of people around him, especially if he expects assassinations. We kill him, the Daemonhosts will go rampant. Then between riots and rampant daemonhosts, it's uncertain if she ship will even survive what happens, let alone be able to piece together what happened with the Inquisitor."

He looked towards Brego. "And don't forget one thing. Destroying the engines is likely to hulk the ship, but it doesn't have to utterly destroy it. We would have no confirmation of the Inquisitor's death. Who knows what tricks he has to keep himself alive. No, Ahemait's plan is simple, it is secure, it is good. I support it."

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Nervad

The Alpha Legionnaire looks contemplative as he considers the words of the non-demented sorcerer, while ignoring his words about how he is so blessed by his God. "Straight to the point just like that hmm? Very, very straight to the point. We may need to sneak a jammer ahead to block the non-psychic communication between the Inquisitor section of the ship with the rest of it, and assure ourselves he doesn't have a pet astropath of his own. But besides that, I can see this alternative as very attractive indeed, you have my support in this plan."

Vulin
Jun 15, 2012
Balthreor

Balthreor laughs quietly after Ahemait finishes. With such an inspiring speech how could we reject his plan? But I still stand by the idea that we should, at least, form two smaller teams. There is no need for all of us to be in one place. I reckon it would be most efficient if we take control of both the bridge and the Inquisitor's landing bay at the same time. This way we could cut off the most obvious escape route and "motivate" the crew more easily."

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Demeter The Shattered

Demeter walks back into the briefing room sometime later. His armor has been scoured clean of it's Blood Raven red, down to the metal beneath. He carries with him only his plasma pistol and force sword; his bolter, bolt pistol, and bolt action stalker bolter are nowhere to be found. He stands in the corner of the room. "Have you all yet decided on our course of action? Frankly sending in an astartes killteam and telling us not to make it look like an astartes killteam is setting us up for failure, so let us at least get this failing out of the way, shall we?"

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

Brego

"Perhaps you walked off before you heard my reply, Demeter. Your points were well-stated. Better to succeed now and use the rest of eternity to pay homage to the gods. We end this vessel's existence, and we withdraw. There will be time to recoup our glory."

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
Phovos

A low rumble issues from the giant Night Lord. "If you are so concerned about leaving evidence but don't want to give up your precious bolters, why not destroy the vessel after we have taken it? Personally, I think the most effective way to apply our greatest weapons, fear and discord, is to do it up close and personal." He flexes his enormous fist to punctuate his point.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Victris looks at Ahemait. The slaaneshi finds that the sensation of a blind psyker looking at you tingles slightly. "No, sadly we do not have access to internal schematics of the ship. The only information we have is what external scans and data stored at their previous ports of call have revealed." He continues after a short pause. "I'm needed elsewhere, the ship still has need of it's astropaths. I will leave you to your planning." With a small bow, he walks out of the cavernous room.

This would probably be the time to take the planning OOC until you decide which way to go, for the sake of reaching a decision.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

quote:

This would probably be the time to take the planning OOC until you decide which way to go, for the sake of reaching a decision.

Okay, all fun space mans bickering aside, this should be the plan: We split into two groups. One group, probably led by Brego, take a space walk on the hull towards the com array and sabotages it somehow; rogue trader teaches us that com arrays are external components. Group two, which will have Phovos, will go to that fancy observation dome. Phovos will punch it in, or kick it or something, that gets you guys into the upper class state rooms, go in kill dude.

Evac after, take the bridge, blow the ship, I personally don't care, and IC Demeter has tried everything he can to get you guys to see reason to avoid being caught; he's scoured his armor and left his bolt guns at home, so when this hits the fan, he'll be :smug: knowing he didn't contribute to being discovered.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

I think we should just put it to a vote. We can handwave the 91 hours of argument in-game by just doing it ooc. We've basically got 2 choices: loud and proud, or quiet, in and out. Who's in favor of which?

I saw we go Quiet. After we get the job done, then we can get nuts. But blitzkrieging our way through the ship to find the Inquisitor would be counterproductive.

Vicissitude fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Jan 4, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

My suggestion was that we hit the overvation dome, force open doors to the bridge so that depressurization drops most people, kill anyone who survives, and use the bridge to lock down the rest of the ship. Once everything is locked down, we can kill the inquisitor however we decide best. Chances are, he will confront us at the bridge after donning void gear, or send the daemonhosts at us. The astropaths should be set up off of the bridge anyways, for easy communication, so thats where we need to be. Once we have the bridge, we CAN take the entire ship... so long as we can kill the inquisitor. The other option is to void the ship and set the combat servitors to kill any survivors. Or just kill the bridge crew, kill the inquisitor, and GTFO. Whatever works.

• Locked thread