Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«293 »
Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

Orange stuff on my substrate is diatoms, yeah? I wasn't expecting them within the first week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stoca Zola
Jun 28, 2008

Soiled Meat

I would have described diatoms as dirt brown, not orange but I saw a video this week that taught me brown doesn't exist it's really just dark orange so ymmv. If it's super bright orange it could be fungal, got pictures?

I moved all the rosy barb fry I had from their 15g to the four foot tank where their parents and a few guppies reside, all went well aside from the parents immediately trying to eat the smaller runty babies. There is a lot of cover in the tank so it remains to be seen whether any of the tiniest fry survive. There are surviving newborn guppy fry but maybe they are just plain smarter than juvie rosy barbs. I have a free tank for quarantining once more, but honestly I don't think I can afford new fish with the way things are right now.

I really want to pick out my best peacock gudgeons and try breeding some good quality fry, and focus properly on raising them up well this time. I only had 3 surviving fry from my last attempt and I think that was due to removing them from their dad too early. Might try setting up a mattenfilter for fry safety.

«293 »