Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Tamagod Sushi posted:

Screw saving the princess, it's your

:smaug:Weekly Dragon's Crown comics update!:smaug:

You are the best person. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

No lie, when I was still bad at the game, I would constantly get petrified because I kept mistiming my charged volley shots with her eye flash.

mirarant
Dec 18, 2012

Post or die
:siren: EU version has been patched to the latest version! :siren:

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
I really hate that I have to slog through the LoC for infinite respec potions. For being the supposed "real game" it sure is barren. Wish they could just sell them for millions of gold after you beat infernal.

Marogareh fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Oct 29, 2013

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.
Our group is going to be streaming LoC runs at about 8pm est.

EmperorFritoBandito
Aug 7, 2010

by exmarx
^Watching now, and is it just me, or is the Archdemon more of a bastard lately? It seems like he didn't used to teleport quite so frequently.

Death Cube K
Mar 20, 2008

You're pretentious, this club sucks, I have beef. Let's fight.

Tamagod Sushi posted:

:smaug:Weekly Dragon's Crown comics update!:smaug:

I'm not goona lie, barring update notes, these are the reason I still come to this thread.

Tamagod Sushi
Oct 26, 2009

One Bad Muthapaca
Since Halloween's just around the corner it's treats for all with the

:smaug: Weekly Dragon's Crown Comics Update! :smaug:

A Newbie Adventurer's Picture Diary
Chapter 13- The Elf and a varied diet

Sorry! Amazon-chan
Chapter 8- Everybody Needs Somebody to Love

Get all the back issues here!

Emalde posted:

You are the best person. :allears:

Death Cube K posted:

I'm not goona lie, barring update notes, these are the reason I still come to this thread.

Awww, thanks guys! :haw::hf::haw:

mirarant
Dec 18, 2012

Post or die

Hah the dwarf riding pose is the best.

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???
Do the items get better as I advance through LOC or is 255 atk and 60 def the cap for equipment

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
They stay the same aside from the modifiers from floor 9 onwards. Getting a 255-255 weapon without the durability down is stupidly rare though. The only reason to go deeper is to power up the seal of the conqueror and getting infinite respec potions at floor 99.

Marogareh fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Nov 3, 2013

Tamagod Sushi
Oct 26, 2009

One Bad Muthapaca
Sorry for the delay, now with 10% more life lessons and fibre as part of a wholesome reading diet it's the

Chapter 14- The Elf and spelling

Admittedly I'm not sure which game that's from :shobon:

Sorry! Amazon-chan
Chapter 9 - I can't help myself

Screw time travel! Get all the back issues here!

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

Tamagod Sushi posted:

Admittedly I'm not sure which game that's from :shobon:

Etrian Odyssey
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dB_PVPyn6n8

Tamagod Sushi
Oct 26, 2009

One Bad Muthapaca

Huh that's quite the thing. FOE indeed :haw:

Tamagod Sushi
Oct 26, 2009

One Bad Muthapaca
30% of the public agree, it's not a good week without the

Chapter 15 - The Elf and home cooking

Sorry! Amazon-chan
Chapter 10 - Come go with me

Read dem back issues here!

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

The Dwarf has the biggest chest of them all.

(Thank you for still doing these by the by. They're a delight.)

p.crestmont
Feb 17, 2012
Thanks again for the comics!

miguelito
Oct 5, 2012

I'm WILD about
WILDMAN
(ask me about sexy shaving)
Flexing dorf is the loving best.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
Bless you for still doing these, Tamagod. :japan:

I should try and gather up my Dragon's Crown crew back up and get back into playing...

Tamagod Sushi
Oct 26, 2009

One Bad Muthapaca
It's the second best time of the week again (the first is Ice Cream Sundays) with the

Chapter 16 - The Elf and homecoming

Sorry! Amazon-chan
On Hiatus This Week

B-b-back issues here!

And once again, I appreciate the feedback guys! I'll keep translating until they finish, just for you :glomp:

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.
Who needs to play Dragon's Crown, all I want to do is read fancomics~

Quixzlizx
Jan 7, 2007
Thanks for the translations, Tamagod. :tipshat:

miguelito
Oct 5, 2012

I'm WILD about
WILDMAN
Reading them regularly, much much appreciated!!
Thank you!

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

Fight Club Sandwich posted:

Do we know the numbers in the game work? I cant seem to be able to find a damage formula anywhere

Specifically:
  • No idea whether +STR or +% damage dealt will have a greater effect
  • Is "+x% damage dealt" strictly superior to "+x% to enemy type" or is one additive vs. multiplicative?
  • Are there diminishing returns or some kind of cap to stacking "damage taken" items?
  • For +damage to airborne, what qualifies for the bonus? any flier? any ground thing that i've launched? bosses that have a body but their only hitbox is a head suspended above the ground?
  • There's +% chance to ignore armor, are enemy armor ratings known (and how they interact with the damage formula)?

Did some testing.

Level 99 Amazon vs. Ronnie with a 244-244 weapon and no offensive modifiers. Hit him 25x at level 0 berserk, yielding 50 data points for each equipment setup. Feel free to skip the boring numbers

code:
Data is presented in the following structure
Damage Modifier: Interquartile Range of damage figures (in hundreds), median of damage figures (in hundreds). 
I was real lazy and only recorded 1-2 digits instead of 3-5.

No equipment: 		09-14, 13
STR+27:			09-15, 13
Damage Dealt +15%:	11-16, 14
Damage to Humans +25%:  12-18, 16
Damage Dealt +27%: 	12-18, 16
Damage Dealt +38%: 	13-19, 17

---
New weapon: 236-255
Bonus 29% as lightning DMG%, DMG to Humans +26%, STR+27, Magic damage +39% (i suspect does nothing)
interquartile, median: 	16-24, 22

plus equips
Damage Dealt +38%:	20-29, 27
Findings:
  • Specific "vs. enemy" modifiers don't seem to have any special bonuses vs. the general ones. +25% damage to humans does grants roughly the same bonus as +27% damage dealt.
  • The damage modifiers seem to scale in a linear fashion. Adding a +10% damage accessory will yield the same marginal bonus independent of other +damage accessories already equipped
  • In general, stat boosters seem less useful than the damage% modifiers, at least at max level
  • If I had to guess I'd say Magic damage +X% doesn't do poo poo for the amazon and probably only enhances item use
  • Unlike damage taken which has a cap, there doesn't seem to be any kind of practical cap with offensive modifiers

Fight Club Sandwich fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Nov 23, 2013

miguelito
Oct 5, 2012

I'm WILD about
WILDMAN
Close enough.

Tamagod Sushi
Oct 26, 2009

One Bad Muthapaca
Making your middle of the week just that much better-er, it's the

Chapter 17 - The Elf and knocking etiquette

Sorry! Amazon-chan
Final Chapter - Goodbye Yellow Brick Road

Don't be down, get all back issues here!

miguelito posted:

Close enough.

That there is a thing of beauty :3:

Tamagod Sushi
Oct 26, 2009

One Bad Muthapaca
And then there was one. But no worries, because we go out with a bang with the

:smaug: FINAL Weekly Dragon's Crown Comics Update! :smaug:

Final Chapter- The Elf and fond memories

Encore? Of course! Get all the chapters here!

Once again, thanks for reading and the kind words guys- I really appreciate it! I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did translating it :haw: Now to fire up the game again for some Labyrinth of Chaos co-op on the couch

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.
I've mentioned it over in the Vita thread, but Index has announced some sale figures.

Dragon's Crown shipped + downloaded 800k copies worldwide thus far. Best selling Vanillaware game thus far by a country mile (good thing, considering that it's the most expensive game Vanillaware has ever made. By which I mean it cost more than 100 million yen to make. That's about a million dollars. Yeah).

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Tamagod Sushi posted:

And then there was one. But no worries, because we go out with a bang with the

:smaug: FINAL Weekly Dragon's Crown Comics Update! :smaug:

Once again, thanks for reading and the kind words guys- I really appreciate it! I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did translating it :haw: Now to fire up the game again for some Labyrinth of Chaos co-op on the couch
Thanks a lot for these.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Delusibeta posted:

Dragon's Crown shipped + downloaded 800k copies worldwide thus far. Best selling Vanillaware game thus far by a country mile (good thing, considering that it's the most expensive game Vanillaware has ever made. By which I mean it cost more than 100 million yen to make. That's about a million dollars. Yeah).

I still can't believe it only took a million dollars to make this game. VW's got some dudes who really believe in their work to do this much.

And thanks to Tamagod Sushi for all your translations! I enjoyed the comics :)

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

stuff i hate:

the netcode
the dark room in the labyrinth of chaos
any area with fire rain
that one rear end in a top hat pirate
cooking is dumb
durability down weapons
unrepairable acccessories

Golgozor
Jun 20, 2002

Medicine Snakes

Fight Club Sandwich posted:

stuff i hate:

the netcode
the dark room in the labyrinth of chaos
any area with fire rain
that one rear end in a top hat pirate
cooking is dumb
durability down weapons
unrepairable acccessories

Worst netcode in any game ever; the only way it could be worse is if it just didn't work at all!

PSN ID(PS4): Steamshovel_Dan WiiU: Steamshovel (not playing it ATM)

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.
Pretty sure you can just grind the 7th Labyrinth dungeon until the +1hp per hit amulet drops with the anti-fire attribute.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Golgozor posted:

Worst netcode in any game ever; the only way it could be worse is if it just didn't work at all!

Has there been a Japanese game with good netcode outside of the archipelago? I'm not looking to excuse Vanillaware of course, but I'm genuinely curious since it seems to be a given when dealing with Japanese games.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Golgozor posted:

Well there were the times where they straight up broke online co-op after every patch.

oswald ownenstein
Jan 30, 2011

KING FAGGOT OF THE SHITPOST KINGDOM
Is this forever going to be a sony exclusive?

I want to play this game something bad, having been a D&D arcade game addict (the first one, not shadows over mystara which my low end grocery store didn't have).

Also the rear end & titties are very appealing. I love me some fanservice.

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.

oswald ownenstein posted:

Is this forever going to be a sony exclusive?

I want to play this game something bad, having been a D&D arcade game addict (the first one, not shadows over mystara which my low end grocery store didn't have).

Also the rear end & titties are very appealing. I love me some fanservice.

Odds of Vanillaware bothering with an Xbox version of Dragon's Crown (or, indeed, any of their games past or future) is pretty drat slim, considering that the format is dead in Japan.

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.

toasterwarrior posted:

Has there been a Japanese game with good netcode outside of the archipelago? I'm not looking to excuse Vanillaware of course, but I'm genuinely curious since it seems to be a given when dealing with Japanese games.

BBCP, AH3, P4, Magic Sword, Final Fight and pretty much anything else using GGPO.

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.
Final patch info is out and it's huge

http://dragons-crown.com/info/2013/12/ps3psvita.html

Most notably adds an "Ultimate" difficulty accessible after clearing the 9th dungeon of Labyrinth of Chaos, max level cap changed to 255.

Also cleared game data lets people make new characters with all talismans obtained so you're not subject to clearing the story to reach co-op any more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quixzlizx
Jan 7, 2007

Megalixir posted:

Final patch info is out and it's huge

http://dragons-crown.com/info/2013/12/ps3psvita.html

Most notably adds an "Ultimate" difficulty accessible after clearing the 9th dungeon of Labyrinth of Chaos, max level cap changed to 255.

Also cleared game data lets people make new characters with all talismans obtained so you're not subject to clearing the story to reach co-op any more.

Here are some more detailed patch notes.

quote:

[Bug Fix]
Improved operational stability under certain circumstances.

[Added Features]
If you clear the ninth level of the Labyrinth of Chaos you can now select the “ultimate” level of difficulty at the temple.
When you’re playing on “ultimate” you can access the new automatically generated dungeon “Sky Road of Dreams.”
On “ultimate” difficulty the level cap has been raised from level 99 to level 255.
Both the up arrows and the L button can now be individually used as item shortcuts.
Damage can now be displayed as a total number.
Silhouettes can now be displayed on the foreground to improve visibility.
On a save game with a cleared game it’s possible to skip the initial phase of the story with new characters and start with the search for the talismans.
It’s possible to skip quests that have already been completed once.

[Operational Improvements]
Adjusted skill effects and actions for each class.
Adjusted behavior of NPCs.
Adjusted effects and rules of equipment and items in the Arena.
Made all round improvements to the system in order to enhance operability and ease of use.

My level 99 elf demands XP.

• Locked thread