Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Feenix posted:

No one can tell me if this game can be played 100% I'm English? (The Japanese version...)

I think I see it for download on the JP PSN store (unless that's some kind of preorder link?)

People probably just assumed that you were crazy for wanting to pay around twenty dollars more for the Japanese version when it's coming out in the US a week from tomorrow. :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Alteisen posted:

Then lay some ground rules for the next one and ask a mod to back you up.

Pretty sure a mod actually made the last one.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Any recommendations for Sorc skills? I have no idea which of these to bother with. Food and protection are probably good, dunno what else.

vvvvv

e: not really. You're not meant to hang on to one NPC helper indefinitely. Just toss them out when you find a higher level one. Hell considering how willing they are to just join into your game if you leave slots open you probably could go without resurrecting them ever.

see you tomorrow fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Aug 7, 2013

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Thievery posted:

Okay cool thanks.

I just found out you can click on poo poo in the background that doesn't sparkle and get told some info by the narrator. I don't know if this is a very common thing (I'm on the ghost ship and clicked a flag, it told me about the pirates) but it's really neat. I couldn't get the mouse wizard to do handstands though which upset me a lot.

You can't tap on npcs in those cutscenes until you unlock the option to take alternate routes in stages.

e: well you can but nothing will happen until then.

see you tomorrow fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Aug 7, 2013

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

I love how much like the end boss of Tower of Doom the Warlock is. Yelling out his spell names and everything. :allears:

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Holy poo poo the AI is totally incapable of dealing with the kraken.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

OK chaining along with other players is a shitload of fun. :neckbeard:

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Feenix posted:

What do extra bags do? The way Samuel introduced them it made it sound like it was backup gear for dungeons, but I noticed only one can be equipped at a time. Is it just a way of organizing an alternate loadout but only accessible in overworld?

When you start chaining from one dungeon to the next you get the opportunity to change bags mid-stage. This is important because there's no way to repair equipment until you quit the run but you want to keep it going for as long as possible because your loot bonus grows with every consecutive stage that you clear. Also lets magic classes pick weapons which best suit the stage because the last thing you want to do is try and fight the Kraken with only fire magic.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Samurai Sanders posted:

The only things I have ever found this way is trinkets worth a few hundred gold, and I have more gold than I know what to do with, is it ok just to ignore them?

It's probably worth doing a bit but not to the extent that you're spending more time tapping on the background than actually playing the game. Just do it while you're eating or waiting for chests/doors to be opened or watching another player do a rune thing. Remember you get a time bonus too.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Samurai Sanders posted:

I dunno what to say, except that the current main quest is level 10 and I am level 13. Is the game balanced such that you SHOULDN'T do any side quests or anything, if you want to stay at the right level?

edit: and until last night I've always been playing with a full party.

I don't think being three levels over at the beginning of the game is really cause for alarm. Being level 10 wouldn't make the game massively more challenging at that point. It's not meant to be. You're still in what is basically the extended tutorial.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Samurai Sanders posted:

Oh, so the difficulty takes a jump up later?

The issue is, I have INCREDIBLE defense and movement abilities. I can run crazy fast, I can double jump and cover huge horizontal distances with jumps, I can dodge, I can air dodge, I can now dodge/airdodge TWICE, I have a parry which causes temporary invincibility, and so on and so forth. Bayonetta and Dante and Ryu Hayabusa would be jealous of my amazon's abilities. There's no reason to use any of that right now. One thing that really bugs me in games is a billion features like that but difficulty that doesn't support it.

edit: also only last night did I find out that I even had extra lives.

Everything up until I unlocked the stables was easy for me too but I started playing with other people last night and a fight with one of the B route bosses the demon guy who looks just like the Dark Warrior from Shadows over Mystara was pretty long and difficult and everyone in the group ended up dying a couple of times.

e: the levels of all the enemies in the stages jump up when you reach that point too.

see you tomorrow fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Aug 8, 2013

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Kanos posted:

You'll never put out anywhere near the amount of raw damage output as an amazon or a dwarf or a well-played elf, but you're so loving useful it doesn't matter. No one else has shitloads of free healing or full-party nigh-invulnerability and basically every single one of her "attack" spells is an amazing form of crowd control. Playing her is rad as hell and I love my skeleton bros.

Hell, the biggest problem I have is that I don't have enough points to try out all of her spells to compare and contrast them. Anyone using Thunderhead, Ice Prison, or Rock Drop?

Rock Drop is pretty popular because it's her strongest single attack. Does a nice job of wasting regular enemies when they're bunched up or just hitting bosses hard. Comes with more casts than most spells

Ice Prison does negligible damage but nicely slices the screen into thirds. I'm not using it but I've read that it can completely trap some bosses. Sounds handy.

Thunderhead doesn't seem great but I haven't seen anyone using higher levels of it. Maybe it's great later.

I'd be interested in hearing how Curse and Petrify are.

see you tomorrow fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Aug 9, 2013

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

CrashCat posted:

There's the spices and the bottle, I don't think you do anything particular though. Maybe the food has different attributes but from what I've seen you can just put the bottle and the spice on anything.

You can also add the vegetables(?) near the bottle and spice to dishes. No idea if it's actually worth doing.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

I just want to go home and play this for 3 days. :f5:

What's everyones least favorite enemies? I hate the undead, any mod with bonus damage or reduce damage taken against undead are worth two mods to me. Skeletons with crossbows shoot you from the across screen while zombies hold you the gently caress down for a minute. And then there's the new undead type in hard mode argh gently caress those guys kick all undead.

Those teleporting wizard guys are the worst. :argh:

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

To toooooo_bad, I accepted your friend request and tried connecting to your game, but I keep getting a P2P connection timed out error. I don't know if it's a configuration issue on my end or yours, but it seems we might not be able to play together. :smith:

Dunno! I've been able to play with randos seemingly without issue. Router is wide open. :iiam:

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Million Ghosts posted:

I dunno, I've never had anything this bad in other games, other then never connecting to rooms in P4A. May as well keep trying. It is interesting though when you're fighting a boss and it just dies out of nowhere.

Been playing MP almost nonstop since I unlocked it and haven't experienced anything like that. The worst I've gotten is the aforementioned inability to move through a door thing, which I'm pretty sure only happens while additional players are in the process of connecting to the game. Always get that tiny hiccup when someone begins to join followed by ten or twenty seconds of no room transitions. Not that bad.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Found a staff that does 150-150 damage. :stare:

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

p.crestmont posted:

What is the level requirement?

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Was back in normal to finish up the last of the quests and somehow picked up the corpse of a Japanese level 99 Sorceress. Costs 10 million to revive her. :stare:

e: I'm only level 54.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Pubbies spontaneously deciding that they want to do the quest to kill the golem without runes without any ability to communicate that to one another is really a spectacular clusterfuck.

Tip: do it solo. Please.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Samurai Sanders posted:

What on earth are people doing with nine equipment sets?

I'm playing Sorc so I use three for each element.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Having a Sorc with Protection makes fighting the Red Dragon in the treasure room a lot easier too. Well, I guess Protection makes everything a lot easier. I still find the Arch Demon more difficult though. When you get him under 50% health he just flips out and starts spewing a bunch of ridiculous spells that are super hard to avoid. Every fight against him ends up grueling.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Gonna need some help for that last floor in the random dungeon. It's just me and the bots in there because I guess literally no one else is doing it. :smith:

Colorspray posted:

Just got to the ancient dragon with my amazon, and the tornados always cost me a stock when he throws them out. Is there a way to dodge/block/parry those?

Hit the sparks that hang in the air before they appear. You can prevent the tornados from ever coming out.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Kanos posted:

It's even worse for a Sorceress because you need multiple skeletons.

No, dude, I guarantee you that my army of roided out skeletons under Protection will be way more useful than that idiot NPC you probably have fifteen copies of already, please don't pick all the bones up, no no no nononon-:qq:

I'm playing a Sorc myself and I'd still rather pick corpses up than make skeletons out of them. I need good NPC helpers to beat the Ancient Dragon a lot more than I need some marginally useful skeletons who get dusted five seconds into every boss fight anyway. :colbert:

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

If you run past Medusa when she first appears and continue the stage there's a decent chance that you'll run into some owlbears before you meet her again. They seem to be a bit more common on higher difficulties and in the random dungeon too.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

a shameful boehner posted:

Also, what does "extending" mean? Is that when you and another player decide to chain a dungeon? I have a few items that apply effects "after extending", but I can't figure out what that means anywhere.

It's when you earn an extra life at specific score levels. The word EXTENDED will appear above your character when it happens.

see you tomorrow fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Aug 13, 2013

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

gently caress I stomped the hell out of the Ancient Dragon at level 70 and at level 88 I can't get anywhere near beating it. What the hell.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Million Ghosts posted:

The Ancient Dragon is wrecking my poo poo as a Wizard. Pretty appropriate for a final boss really. I have no idea what to do during his tornados or how I'm supposed to avoid things other than cowering behind the pillars.

A lot of his attacks can be dispelled before they actually go off. Hit the sparks hanging in the air before they form into tornados. Same with the slow fireballs that fall from the top of the screen. You can even cancel the big fireballs he spits out if you hit them right as they exit his mouth.

e: Hackan Slash hop back on and I'll do it again with you. Turns out that it goes real quick when you bring an Amazon along. :D

see you tomorrow fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Aug 13, 2013

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Don't you get the points for Deep Pockets back without actually losing the perk when you respec?

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

When getting knocked out of a chain by a connection error it's really the loss of EXP that hurts the most. I need to be 99 to use this stupid broom. I don't know what I'll even be using it on at that point but goddamn it I want to use it! :qq:

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Aqua Outlaw posted:

I'm working on my sorceress but haven't reached multiplayer yet. So far I have points in some of the MP skills, protection, create food and bonebros. I've held off on the active skills until I get deep pockets for the extra slots. Between blizzard, thunder cloud and rock press what is good? Is gravity combined with rock press as badass as I imagine it?

I had a funny moment while playing tonight when I came across some bones whose message was something like "Please don't make me a skeleton". Of course I turned him into a skeleton.

Blizzard is always super good, Thunder Clouds are pretty nice at high ranks, Rock Press is her strongest single attack and comes with a lot of casts so you can toss it around a lot. I've never ever seen anyone use Gravity so maybe it's awesome?

e: basically pick what you want, but I'd strongly recommend Blizzard for its capacity to completely shut down a screenful of enemies. Really really helpful when bosses call in a bunch of help.

see you tomorrow fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Aug 15, 2013

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Syfe posted:

Alright, something bizarre

Now that I've gotten to hard with the Amazon, I've decided to move on to working on the Sorceress. The OP says:

There doesn't seem to be a skill for it and it certainly doesn't seem to me that she regenerates MP.
Also, somebody once mentioned that the Sorceress' skeletons can pick up crossbows, this also does not seem to be true.

Any insights on either of these?

They just don't happen. Maybe they did in pre-release video of the game or something but neither is in the game now.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Everyone online gets the talismans. Couch co-op was just half-assed in for the PS3 version and has a lot of weird limitations as a result.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Lakbay posted:

How does loot in friendlist online coop work? In random online coop you got kicked out of town with your own set of loot but do you share when you're playing with people on your friend's list?

No, all of your loot is always your own.

Has anyone put enough points into the Fighter power strike skill to have an opinion on whether or not it's worth taking? Does it do meaningful amounts of damage?

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Polo-Rican posted:

Has anyone on earth prevented the boat from capsizing in the pirate level? The framerate drops to 12fps, tentacles just flop around everywhere, you can't see where the torch is, and then wham, it's over!! I'm not even sure which of the four cannons you're supposed to fire and why.

Managed to do it exactly twice with groups online. You need to have a dedicated torch holder while everyone else loads cannons. It's super important that everyone without a torch dogpiles on the tentacle that grabs the mast as soon as it pops up. Helps a lot to have a Sorc cast Protection because the tentacles are a pain in the rear end to avoid while you're trying to load cannons. All you get for completing it is a high rank chest and to skip the fight with the lizard guys before the Kraken.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

I'd like to see someone beat this in three hours.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

For the beginner class Fighters sure are harder to play than Sorceresses and Wizards. Probably not helped by the way that fully half of their skills make them more vulnerable to getting killed.

e: magic classes don't lose their weapons every time they get hit either.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Oh turns out you can lose your shield too. You know, to punish you for taking advantage of the only thing the Fighter can do. :bravo:

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Million Ghosts posted:

There's no way to skip the credits is there? Marogareh and I stomped the Dragon's face in, and I have a feeling I'm gonna get sick of seeing these over and over.

You can skip them when you see them on higher difficulties...until you beat the game for the first time as a different character at which point you'll have to sit through them again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

EmperorFritoBandito posted:

That's adorable. It's like a perfect little cap to hours and hours of having the narrator remind you about your talisman count every time you walk out of a building.

What were they thinking?

To be fair the narrator thing has been fixed in the supposedly upcoming patch. :iiam:

• Locked thread