Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Someone give me tips on the Dwarf, didn't wanna be a bogstandard knight so I'm going to be a bogstandard Dwarf.

I just started out and uh. I sure am good at mashing square, but I can't seem to find a move that lets me chase them in the air or anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Was fighting the Minotaur for that handkerchief quest. He did a big swiping attack KO'ing my bots and knocking the weapons out of my hands.

I noticed he only had a sliver of life left and decided gently caress weapons and flew at him to give him the people's elbow for a kill. I loving love the dwarf holy poo poo.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Just unlocked online at level 15 as a Dwarf and figured "poo poo. I have no idea what the hell I'm doing hope I don't gently caress everything up."

Got tossed into a japanese room that was fighting a chimera and that was pretty wild. Then they showed me what I really, really hope is a easter egg boss because it was funny as hell. It was a little white killer rabbit. It had a cartoony chomping animation and summoned a giant gently caress off tornado a lot

Sad to say though as much as I enjoy the Dwarf I'm really unsure how I'm supposed to play him or what skills are good. I disarm myself a lot for the burst damage then jump/bash the hell out of things till I get my axes back. Watching people like EpicNameBro on youtube do these long elaborate combo's with the fighter just confuses me because the little dude feels super limited (even though it's probably just me)

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

So uh, friend of mine got to the online bit and we can't figure out how to join each others games. We've stood in the stables and tried there, I've jumped into a level and he kept getting hung up on "connecting..." and just

There's no lobby or anything we're overlooking right? Who thought this was a good idea?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I think I'm gonna drop my dwarf. I have a friend who plays amazon and it's totally disheartening seeing my Dwarf even bulked up getting one hit killed while he buzzes around the screen like sonic the hedgehog and tanking everything.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I need to learn how to be a proper sorceress. Created one as a break from my dwarf and up to the 9 artifacts part of the game. I'm way too addicted to the lightning staffs... they honestly just seem better in every possible way. Jump over something and hit down circle to unleash a unholy clusterfuck of lightning, have a screenwide beam of lightning, slow homing projectiles etc.

I try switching to ice and fire as the levels dictate but the effects are so much more underwhelming it's unreal.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

My biggest problem with online isn't the fact the Elves are all over the place, it's that when I want to turn those Elves into NPC's for offline stuff the AI for them is awful and dies super fast.

Also half the dudes I recruit from online don't have full gear/equipment. What gives guys :argh:.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Made a Wizard after finishing my first run as sorceress. What attacking spells should I be shooting for?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

^^^^
Oh the Irony. I went Sorc -> Wizard just because I wanted to see what his spells are like :v: I don't regret it though I can see how Sorceress is more favorable in parties at the moment. Bought the wizards Storm spell and pretty drat happy with how it works.

Hyzenth1ay posted:

I just beat it in five.

It's enjoyable, but, I thought this was the first chapter.

Edit: didn't really come here to get mocked and derided so I will just accept that there are nine stages and three difficulties. Thank you!

Double edit: sorry if I sound like a dumb jerk, just literally thought I was done with the prologue and that's game :(

Yeah it's understandable, I'm usually like that with games as well. Harder difficulties seem to give bosses new attacks and the added challenge is what keep me coming back, and the Bonus Dungeon you unlock is pretty interesting from what I've seen.

I just need to stick with one character though. I have a level 35 Dwarf, a level 32 Sorceress and a level 20 Wizard

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

EmperorFritoBandito posted:

What were they thinking?

You must collect 9 talisman's to defeat the Ancient Dragon.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I know the ps3 version got patched but did the Vita one? I haven't been able to check and super worried as me and a friend play it pretty often but his nets had a pretty bad history of being shaky, and DC is just about the only thing that's held a steady connection.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

So after getting a number of characters to Hard I decided I should finish the Elf to Hard then choose who to stick with. (Yeah I'm aware I took my time with this, I kinda burned myself out)

I can manage pretty well with every character but this character and I have no idea what I'm supposed to be doing. I pump arrows into the biggest meanest thing on the map then run in flip kicking and hoping for the best and I'm fairly certain I'm doing it wrong, especially in bosses like the Harpy where I run up, jump in it's face and try to shoot it then.

Might be too late to ask but can I get some tips? I like the mobility after playing Dwarf for so long but she feels like she's made of tissues both offense and defense wise.

• Locked thread