Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
I was totally fine with overlooking the Amazon and Sorceress. It's bad, but it's bog-standard bad. Chastity belt monk, butt mermaid, and poking a BDSM princess though, is going too far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Roguelike posted:

You guys don't understand, it's okay to have any amount of horrible poo poo in your game as long as you do it with male characters as well!

Hahahaha, is this actually in game or someone being clever?

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

bloodysabbath posted:

All the stylized BDSM fan service in the world isn't nearly as destructive as having an established female badass be forced to ask her creepy father figure crush commanding officer for permission before breaking out new weapons. This, despite Samus having already saved the galaxy, oh, seven times. Like, maybe in an origin story, this would be dismissible as a poorly executed creative choice. Seven tours in? Nah. Doesn't help that Other M was just a terrible game on top of it.

This is certainly true, but one thing being completely irredeemable doesn't excuse something else being bad.

Unrelated to what you said, ironic sexism is still sexism unless you are incredibly loving good at handling it, and this game really obviously isn't. There is nothing ironic about what is in this game. It is very clearly homage to old school Conan, D&D, Vallejo and Frazetta.

But more to the point, and the last thing I'll say on the matter at all, is that I get it. If you are excited for something, and other people are like whoa, that poo poo is sexist as all hell, it feels like they are calling you sexist. But this isn't the case. It is ok to like sexist things. I fancy myself a relatively hardcore feminist and I have tons of games and other media with problematic portrayals of women. This is ok though, because I recognize the sexist elements for what they are.

However, not recognizing these elements, or even worse, rushing to their defense is where the problems start.

Anyway, I cancelled my pre-order. Some of this poo poo goes too far in my books and I don't see much point in buying a co-op brawler that I never want to play co-op because gently caress if I want to explain why I paid 50 bucks for a game with a nun in a chastity belt and a bdsm princess. I will probably nab this in the future though, either through PS+ or as a used game, because I love me some deep brawlers.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Is there another way to dash in this game besides holding square? I just picked this up and I'd swear I read there was 30 pages ago. Hard to hold square and hit circle.

Edit: My elf is squirrel infested :3:

Edit 2: VVVV Ha, I tried that and it didn't work. Tried it again when you said that and dang you have to be quick with the stick.

Failboattootoot fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Sep 12, 2013

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Spacedad posted:

"Great!" thinks the wizard "A place to store my spellbooks!"

Also yeah, the character design on her and the sorceress is actually keeping me from wanting to play this. I tried playing it and just felt ashamed. I imagine if not for that I'd have gotten a vita just to play it by now as aside from the terrible decisions with those 2 characters it seems a fantastic game. :sigh:

It's also more or less one of my favorite styles of gameplay - I like games like Castle Crashers a lot, and this one actually having diablo-ish loot in it makes it even more interesting.

I completely agree, but you could play one of the 4 other characters?

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

What is the easiest way to kill those drat fish as a dwarf?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Quixzlizx posted:

Use Power Arrow, Impact Arrow, and Clone Strike, augmented with Salamander Oil/Toxic Arrow for bosses. Max out your quiver capacity. Do not use Clone Strike against non-bosses unless you're swimming in arrows. Always use the crouching Clone Strike against bosses. When you have more skill points later on, you'll want to level up Elemental Lore.

This is trickier against airborne enemies like the Harpy, but your best non-Clone Strike attack is the in-air downward charged shot. It only uses one arrow, it keeps you out of the attack range of most enemies, it pierces and hits multiple enemies if they are clumped together, and it causes Impact Arrow damage when it hits the ground. Also, once you are airborne, you can evade cancel and shoot up to five arrows before needing to land again. I haven't played in a couple of months, so I don't know the exact combo at the moment, but you can either shoot one arrow after every evade until you run out of evasions, or you can do some fancy kick-cancelling to still get to five shots without needing to evade cancel after each shot.

Use kicks only for crowd control, mobility, and arrow generation. Do not count on them for damage, ever. Do not waste any points in Deadly Boots.

Use your evades constantly. The Elf's evades have no momentum/cooldown, so pretty much all of your non-attacking movement should be through evades.

You can use a plain air kick and an up air kick for cancelling. Staying airborne really is the key for dealing with trash safely and effectively.

• Locked thread