Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.
Right, threw my lot in with Amazon, largely because a) they meet my maximum price for a handheld game (£30 for the Vita version, vs ~£35 seemingly everywhere else and £38 for the PS3 version. Zavvi doesn't count), b) they also have the artbook for pre-orderers and c) the cross-play patch announcement has eased my main concern for the Vita version (dead online).

[Edit] Turns out ShopTo also has nabbed the artbook, and is selling it for slightly less, so I've switched to them (since they're better for pre-orders in my experience).

[Edit 2] And now ShopTo won't let me change my address and refuses to accept my (new) card, so back to Amazon. Thankfully, they gave me free first class postage, and I'm hoping they price-match.

Delusibeta fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Oct 9, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.
I've mentioned it over in the Vita thread, but Index has announced some sale figures.

Dragon's Crown shipped + downloaded 800k copies worldwide thus far. Best selling Vanillaware game thus far by a country mile (good thing, considering that it's the most expensive game Vanillaware has ever made. By which I mean it cost more than 100 million yen to make. That's about a million dollars. Yeah).

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.

oswald ownenstein posted:

Is this forever going to be a sony exclusive?

I want to play this game something bad, having been a D&D arcade game addict (the first one, not shadows over mystara which my low end grocery store didn't have).

Also the rear end & titties are very appealing. I love me some fanservice.

Odds of Vanillaware bothering with an Xbox version of Dragon's Crown (or, indeed, any of their games past or future) is pretty drat slim, considering that the format is dead in Japan.

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.
So, according to this, Dragon's Crown has topped 940k copies sold world wide across both platforms. Not bad for a 2d side scrolling beat-em-up that was sold at full price.

• Locked thread