Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

twistedmentat posted:

Man, the Drax Cammie heroic is just brutal. I can't never last very long and both Drax and Cammie take forever to get to a point where they can actually do damage.

Not to mention stupid Supergiant and Mind games

Dammit, What am I missing about beating Man Ape with 70k? I keep getting 66-68K. Is there someone who has a higher than 4 shared attributes to Black Panthers'?

I used Iron Man and shot him with a bunch of Unibeams

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kal-L
Jan 18, 2005

Heh... Spider-man... Web searches... That's funny. I should've trademarked that one. Could've made a mint.
Are Mokk and Greitoth good in PVP? With all the CP and gold from Ch. 12 I could get them, but I'd rather save them for Phyla and infused weapons otherwise.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Kal-L posted:

Are Mokk and Greitoth good in PVP? With all the CP and gold from Ch. 12 I could get them, but I'd rather save them for Phyla and infused weapons otherwise.

Not really, as far as I know. Faiza is making things really hard for any character that relies on removable debuffs for anything.

Jai Guru Dave
Jan 3, 2008
Nothing's gonna change my world

Lurks With Wolves posted:

iirc the tooltip said infused worthy weapons, but I'm also fairly certain the Golden Sextant's counter-attacks broke through his shield when I fought him so maybe that works?
I beat him on wimpy level - haven't tried the challenge yet. But it's either the Golden Sextant, or Captain Rogers' depowering him.

Odin: "Send me your mightiest heroes!"
Tony: "I'll be there!"
Me: "Um, he said mightiest, but - okay, you can come"

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I can confirm it's not Depower, which has been nerfed to only work on one action before expiring.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Jai Guru Dave posted:

I beat him on wimpy level - haven't tried the challenge yet. But it's either the Golden Sextant, or Captain Rogers' depowering him.

Odin: "Send me your mightiest heroes!"
Tony: "I'll be there!"
Me: "Um, he said mightiest, but - okay, you can come"

Tony is actually probably the best hero for that fight because you just unibeam Odin to death. gently caress needing any worthy weapons, just let Tony go to town with unibeams.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/MAAInsiders/status/771243199478140930

Eddain
May 6, 2007
I hope people who bought anything in the past month refund the poo poo out of the company.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I wonder if this is going to be part of more shutdowns. MAA seemed pretty popular.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

This sucks. This was the only Facebook game I played and I have been playing since 2013 :smith:

There's a spec ops up, when you login you'll get 90 command points and 10x full energy. Adam Warlock is the spec ops hero. White Tiger is available for 90 points

fit em all up in there fucked around with this message at 09:11 on Sep 1, 2016

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide
This is a loving bummer.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

You can all finally let go.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Little Mac posted:

You can all finally let go.
Thankfully I waste my disposable income on Avengers Academy now.

All those hours wasted on this game :smithicide:

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Dirt Taco Scuba posted:

This sucks. This was the only Facebook game I played and I have been playing since 2013 :smith:

There's a spec ops up, when you login you'll get 90 command points and 10x full energy. Adam Warlock is the spec ops hero. White Tiger is available for 90 points

Haha what's the point?

This sucks. I don't get the point of taking the game down, period. I'm sure they could still make money leaving it up, even if it's just ads.

gently caress this.

slut chan
Nov 30, 2006
Welp, what character is the most fun? I had a bunch of cp saved.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Facebook games are basically dead. Everyone who wants casual games moved to mobile games, thought that explains maa1 but not 2, but then it was pretty hot garbage.

I wonder if its more of a dismantling of them more than MAA becoming unprofitable.

At least i have lots to do over the next month. Hopefully something will replace it. I like future fight but it doesn't have mutants.

One good thing is PVP fights are missing from the daily spin.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Codependent Poster posted:

Haha what's the point?

This sucks. I don't get the point of taking the game down, period. I'm sure they could still make money leaving it up, even if it's just ads.

gently caress this.

I guess they had them built and ready to go, might as well release them so people can try.

It must have been pretty sudden, they seemed to still be working rather than winding anything down.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
The forums were suddenly shut down due to a security breach; I wonder now if it was just an excuse.

At least the daily is giving hundreds of Iso to those who want to play the Spec Op.

We will now proceed to brood over all the characters we never got. There is no goodbye, Blazing Skull.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

Aphrodite posted:

I guess they had them built and ready to go, might as well release them so people can try.

It must have been pretty sudden, they seemed to still be working rather than winding anything down.

I dunno, the rewards in the last chapter being so high seemed like a good indication that the game wasn't going to continue much longer. I feel like they were given enough time to finish the Chapter 2 story and knew it. They just couldn't let people know ahead of time because they didn't want to discourage spending until it was officially over.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

It'd be nice if they at least kept it running until the end of the year. I'm behind and probably won't even hit the end game now

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
We'll never get to debate if they should have done classic or vampire Jubilee.

The game will live on with its art assets being used in every superhero related youtube video.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Sefer posted:

I dunno, the rewards in the last chapter being so high seemed like a good indication that the game wasn't going to continue much longer. I feel like they were given enough time to finish the Chapter 2 story and knew it. They just couldn't let people know ahead of time because they didn't want to discourage spending until it was officially over.

Yeah but if they knew more than a month ago, they probably wouldn't have run the PvP tournament.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Yeah, I think apart from anything else if they knew for sure a while ago they probably wouldnt have bothered making White Tiger, whats the point (from their point of view) if no-one is going to spend real money get her?

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.
They should just give us 90 CP every day through the end, not like they're trying to make money on this anymore...

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I just want them to drastically reduce training time so I can get that stupid thing where they are all Level 15.

Also, best thing I can say about MAA2 is that they had a playable MODOK.

slut chan
Nov 30, 2006
What are the odds of a fan hosted instance like Everquest or those Vanilla Wow servers?

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Isn't Disney overhauling how they deal with Marvel in making video games lately? Maybe this is part of the reason why?

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.
Well I just got 100 gold in a SpecOps roulette so at least they're going hog wild at the end

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Welp, looks like i can use up all the energy I have stockpiled. Too bad I have no use for the 75k shield points I have.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I noticed that none of the gold rewards in the deploys and boss spins actually give you gold.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Really we should change the title of this thread

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

achillesforever6 posted:

Really we should change the title of this thread

The Facebook group has become a Future Fight one.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

The Worst Avengers Game We Will Stop Playing

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

The Facebook group has become a Future Fight one.

Well then at least we can salvage the words Marvel, The, Worst, Avengers and Game.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

You know I just realized, whatever happened to Thundra in season 2 :lol:

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

And isn't Nick Fury still missing?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Aphrodite posted:

Well then at least we can salvage the words Marvel, The, Worst, Avengers and Game.

At least it's PVP isn't terrible. That's the best thing about this, they knew everyone hated PVP so they didn't do another PVP tourney.

Mister Chompers
Sep 11, 2011

achillesforever6 posted:

You know I just realized, whatever happened to Thundra in season 2 :lol:

She was supposed to get a Worthy costume but she was too F4 related so they switched it to Ghostrider.

CynCyanide
Mar 21, 2005

dance, water, dance!
Since the Spec Ops ending is the ending for the entire game, it's kind of a bummer. "See you on the other side, Agent." I guess they failed and everyone died.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
It's too bad they didn't do it, but Secret Wars 2014 was a perfect setting for a game. It gives you unlimited versions of characters, everyone's there, and the setting is just made for a dumb time wasting game.

• Locked thread