Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

I should've bought the tactician armor for iron patriot, as a blaster, he gets destroyed everytime. Now I'm trying out Omega Sentinel + Rescue plus an agent with the custom magnetic shield generator, sudden support, damage amplifier and ionic sledge. Yes, I'm that annoying guy that has 10 different shields and who gets wrecked by phoenix pinions.

I'm also surprised how sort of fun it is to watch constrictor get random buffs every few turns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today
Do you only get the nuggets for the first 5 fights of a day, or for every fight?

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Sefer posted:

Do you only get the nuggets for the first 5 fights of a day, or for every fight?

First 5 fights you win, I believe. Each day.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Yeah it's only from the first five fights.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

So is there officially no way to get unstoppable boxes without buying them for gold now?

ARCDad
Jul 22, 2007
Not to be confused with poptartin
Looks like they fixed the Synthesized antidote bug. Now you can only sell them for 250 silver

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Blaster is probably the worst thing to have in pvp right now because you don't see that many bruisers and there's lots it tacticians running around.

Why I'm hoping Wanda gets a new outfit soon so you can make her something else. Probably a tact, maybe inf. Hah! If she was an inf she would counter with hex spheres.

Jai Guru Dave
Jan 3, 2008
Nothing's gonna change my world

Eddain posted:

Also he's a literal angel whose blood can heal wounds, except for Nightcrawler because he's a literal devil.
Hm, you'd think Professor X would have noticed that popping up on Cerebro sometime during - wait, how did this shotgun barrel get into my mouth

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

momtartin posted:

Looks like they fixed the Synthesized antidote bug. Now you can only sell them for 250 silver

Yeah, it's been like that for a while. It's kind of funny, the amount of exploits that go uncatched and unpunished by Playdom actually serve as a really effective way for the Common Man / Wallet-less Warrior to catch up to the ridiculous power creep in this game. The poo poo Playdom is pulling with the increasingly powerful limited edition armory items is heinous.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Agents look so flashy in their white trenchcoats

commish
Sep 17, 2009

twistedmentat posted:

Blaster is probably the worst thing to have in pvp right now because you don't see that many bruisers and there's lots it tacticians running around.

Why I'm hoping Wanda gets a new outfit soon so you can make her something else. Probably a tact, maybe inf. Hah! If she was an inf she would counter with hex spheres.

TONS of people use bruisers. I ran with a 3-bruiser team for a while last season, and nearly every agent is a bruiser it seems. The problem is that blasters give tacts too big of an advantage.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

commish posted:

The problem is that blasters give tacts too big of an advantage.
This. Blasters could be awesome right now because Bruisers are all over the place. But they are too big of a liability when you hit any team with more than 0 Tacticians.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

What makes it even more lopsided is that Infiltators can be neutered by Rescue, as her first attack (which you will always use every turn) prevents Infiltrators from getting counter attacks.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

commish posted:

TONS of people use bruisers. I ran with a 3-bruiser team for a while last season, and nearly every agent is a bruiser it seems. The problem is that blasters give tacts too big of an advantage.

I never see bruisers, maybe P5 Colossus once and a while, but then the game matches you up with teams that can beat you most of the time.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Jun 20, 2013

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Captain Britain was a fairly regular PVP team member too after he was released. He's dropped off a bit now we're getting more decent flying PVP team members who will ignore his all enemy attacking ground based stun (Magneto, Omega Sentinel, USA Patriot War Machine, Rescue, Mark 42 Iron Man), but you still see him occasionally.

A few people have been using Juggernaut in the most recent PVPs too, most likely trying to use the shield breaker power to neutralise Rescue.

edit: Just noticed there is a Season 2 item in the newsfeed and the art looks like it's come from the latest New Avengers arc. If we get Namor at last, I will be very happy.

team overhead smash fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Jun 20, 2013

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Plenty of X-23s out there.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Crazy, the AvsX stuff is available again to buy.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

twistedmentat posted:

Crazy, the AvsX stuff is available again to buy.

Just weapons right now but Emma has a 10 day counter on her

Moreau
Jul 26, 2009

Opopanax posted:

I wonder how much she'll cost. Since it looks like I'll be missing out on completing the Spec Ops 10 tasks (4 star mastery? Not likely...) I'll have a lot of gold to dump on CP. May as well get her

Its either that or Unstoppable Lockboxes :suicide:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Moreau posted:

I wonder how much she'll cost. Since it looks like I'll be missing out on completing the Spec Ops 10 tasks (4 star mastery? Not likely...) I'll have a lot of gold to dump on CP. May as well get her

Its either that or Unstoppable Lockboxes :suicide:

200's been the precedent

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

Opopanax posted:

Odd that they'd offer her a second time (third, if you count the original specops as a time she was offered). What was the last SpecOps character they offered? For a while it looked like they were going to offer each one 6 months after their specop, but I don't recall seeing anyone mention them for a while.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Sefer posted:

Odd that they'd offer her a second time (third, if you count the original specops as a time she was offered). What was the last SpecOps character they offered? For a while it looked like they were going to offer each one 6 months after their specop, but I don't recall seeing anyone mention them for a while.

I seem to recall either Ghost Rider or Valkyrie came out around when chapter 12 did

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Opopanax posted:

So does Magik, I think.

sakeyake
Feb 1, 2004

Opopanax posted:

So is there officially no way to get unstoppable boxes without buying them for gold now?

There's the email we got at the start of that PVP season with 5 free boxes. It can be clicked every few weeks, so if you're determined to get him for free you can get about 10 boxes per month from that.

sakeyake fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Jun 20, 2013

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Did they make Dr Stranges's Bolts stealthy? Because neither kitty or Psylock are counter attacking him when he uses it.

Also, for some reason I'm getting Phased, immediately followed by recently phased status on kitty every time I use Phased attack.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

The menu screen that shows up shows a panel from New Avengers 1 (with Black Panther). For the season 2 sneak peek here the red infinity like symbol is the symbol of incursions (where two worlds from different dimensions intersect in the same place). Is this game going to reflect that? The Hickman Avengers series is pretty rad.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Fritzler posted:

The menu screen that shows up shows a panel from New Avengers 1 (with Black Panther). For the season 2 sneak peek here the red infinity like symbol is the symbol of incursions (where two worlds from different dimensions intersect in the same place). Is this game going to reflect that? The Hickman Avengers series is pretty rad.

I really hope this is something more than just using cool artwork.

And I really am pissed at how Shadowcat is for me vs how she is is on another team. She stays phased for 4 turns when the AI uses her, she one shots full health guys with 30k white damage with her basic attack, and is generally unbeatable. When I use her, she unphases at the drop of a hat, and does a tenth as much damage as the AI is.

Though Mk42 is great for taking down Rescue. Oh that's cute, you have shields?

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

I really hope this is something more than just using cool artwork.
The caption for the two-rings-intersecting icon is "What do you think the agent will incur here?", which tells me that it's indeed using incursions; no reason to use that weird phrasing otherwise. Likewise, "Hopefully your team is up for the challenge." on the icon with 3 guys tells me it's some kind of team-up event.

quote:

And I really am pissed at how Shadowcat is for me vs how she is is on another team. She stays phased for 4 turns when the AI uses her, she one shots full health guys with 30k white damage with her basic attack, and is generally unbeatable. When I use her, she unphases at the drop of a hat, and does a tenth as much damage as the AI is.

Though Mk42 is great for taking down Rescue. Oh that's cute, you have shields?

I assume you already know to use Lockheed as your first attack, since it doesn't break phase. I've never seen an AI Kitty stay phased after her second turn- first turn she uses Lockheed, second turn she uses Sneak attack, just as you should as a player (unless just resting to get an extra turn of phased is a better deal, like if you're mind linking her with Phoenix, but I've never seen the AI do that).

Try stacking +attack ISOs on her if you're not getting much damage. Her phasing means she doesn't need as much defensive ISO. Mine does a lot of damage, but she has 912 attack added from ISOs.

Omega Sentinel also ignores and exploits shields in her Scrapper form, which can be a nice way of dealing with shields.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Sefer posted:

The caption for the two-rings-intersecting icon is "What do you think the agent will incur here?", which tells me that it's indeed using incursions; no reason to use that weird phrasing otherwise. Likewise, "Hopefully your team is up for the challenge." on the icon with 3 guys tells me it's some kind of team-up event.

It would be a cool thing if they started having the chapters based on alternative earths, like have a mission in the 1602 universe, or House of M, Age of Apocalypse and so on.

quote:

I assume you already know to use Lockheed as your first attack, since it doesn't break phase. I've never seen an AI Kitty stay phased after her second turn- first turn she uses Lockheed, second turn she uses Sneak attack, just as you should as a player (unless just resting to get an extra turn of phased is a better deal, like if you're mind linking her with Phoenix, but I've never seen the AI do that).

Try stacking +attack ISOs on her if you're not getting much damage. Her phasing means she doesn't need as much defensive ISO. Mine does a lot of damage, but she has 912 attack added from ISOs.

I'll change her ISOs, and no i did not know to use Lockheed first. I'll switch that around asap.

Has the redhead team up thing been there before? I got it while using Juggs and Thundra at the same time.

I also have to say Constrictor is a pretty good character.

Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

twistedmentat posted:

It would be a cool thing if they started having the chapters based on alternative earths, like have a mission in the 1602 universe, or House of M, Age of Apocalypse and so on.

I want a chapter set in the newspaper Spider-Man universe.

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!

twistedmentat posted:

Sugar Man's bio in that preview also seems to indicate that there'll be interdimensional shenanigans in some capacity. It could be really cool if they started pulling material from various continuities, and could be a way to compensate for how they're getting closer and closer to the bottom of the barrel, heroes-wise.

Of course, I can think of very few characters from other continuities we'd be better served getting separately, rather than as new uniforms. Spider-Girl? 2099 Spider-Man? The new Ultimate Spidey? ...Spider-Ham?

sakeyake
Feb 1, 2004

twistedmentat posted:

You know Phased Attack doesn't actually mean it's an attack she can do while phased, right? The only thing she can do while phased is Call Lockheed. Everything else knocks her into Recently Phased. The AI will always use Call Lockheed on turn 1 to stay phased and Sneak Attack on turn 2 for a big damage boost and Recently Phased status. Players should do the same.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Fred is on posted:

Of course, I can think of very few characters from other continuities we'd be better served getting separately, rather than as new uniforms. Spider-Girl? 2099 Spider-Man? The new Ultimate Spidey? ...Spider-Ham?

I think that they may have been leaving themselves the option to do that by only including alternate costumes that have actually been worn by their respective heroes in 616 continuity. Except for the movie costumes, but that's not really the same thing.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

Georgia Peach posted:

I want a chapter set in the newspaper Spider-Man universe.

Epic Boss: A Brick.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

So apparently Angel's going to come with his X-Force uniform if you win him. Ugh, I hate PVP

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Opopanax posted:

So apparently Angel's going to come with his X-Force uniform if you win him. Ugh, I hate PVP

Any pictures of it or clue what it does?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

FirstAidKite posted:

Any pictures of it or clue what it does?

It's in the email we just got with 5 challenge points

playdom posted:

Compete in PVP and get into the Adamantium League to win the ultimate prize: Angel!

Win Angel and be the first to unlock the X-Force Archangel Uniform!

Opopanax fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Jun 21, 2013

VextheGrey
Dec 3, 2000

"No, Sasquatch! NOOOOO!!"
I doubt he'll come with the uniform, more it'll be available for purchase immediately or something.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Huh- I just noticed that leagues this season are based on rating directly, rather than % rank.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide
The base number of battles required have been shortened, too - you only need 50 to be in the running for Angel.

• Locked thread