Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eddain
May 6, 2007

Jai Guru Dave posted:

So, speaking of old school X-Men. I see Angel now has long hair and metal wings. I'm pretty sure I missed something, and given that it's an X-Man, I'm sure it's something really stupid and angsty. I don't want to know at all, do I?

And in my first five PVP battles, I've gotten all my holes stapled closed. People have freaking geared up for those drat things. Or there's a bug in the system that turns Iron Patriot and Ghost Rider into Luke Cage and Aunt May.

Angel got metal wings when he was brainwashed into becoming one of Apocalypse's Horsemen. Then after a while he got cured and got his feathers back, but then somewhere along the line he realized the Archangel persona was still inside him and his metal wings came back. Also he's a literal angel whose blood can heal wounds, except for Nightcrawler because he's a literal devil.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eddain
May 6, 2007
Wonder Man is a piece of poo poo and it's like Playdom specifically designed him to always die in every spec op boss fight. He's a weak, paper-thin Bruiser with a permanent Protect and lovely single-target attacks.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
New patch is out and Cyclops got a crazy buff.

Changelog here.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
Phoenix Cyclops gives everyone a chance to crit and ignore enemy defense, so getting a Blaster Cyclops would kinda make his ability redundant for himself. Also, with Tactician Cyclops you can set up your own combo against Blasters with Exploit Weakness --> Optic Blast.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
Blackheart is a major pain. He seems a lot tankier than the previous group bosses (since you get your participation reward at 5% HP instead of 10%) and he only sticks around for 4 rounds.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
Can multiple people kill the same group boss like with Ultron? Like if my Blackheart already died, if I don't collect my 10 boxes will other people get a chance to deal the killing blow for more boxes?

Eddain
May 6, 2007
Will Research ever be made useful again? The weapons you can unlock were decent before the flood of good SpecOps/PVP drops and the consumables are pretty bad when compared to the free items you can get from visiting allies. The suits aren't needed since you can buy the 8-slot trenchcoats with gold (and the PVP trenchcoats can't be researched at all unless you actually won them).

It's really only good for unlocking ISOs but the last ones we got scale to Agent level so I doubt there's gonna be another tier to research.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
For Scrapper Blackheart I just run alt costume Hawkeye with P5 Cyclops. Your bottom position character always goes 2nd, so Hawkeye can drop a Pinpoint on Blackheart for 4 turns of 100% accuracy. P5 Cyclops helps add damage with his passive and his optic beam adds Flanked, so everyone gets extra hits in. If you're particularly lucky then Hawkeye can trigger multiple Rapid Fires along with the P5 damage bonus and single-handedly take out 10%+ HP just from one turn.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
I'm gonna be away overseas for about 3 weeks and won't have access to a computer for most of that time. Is there any way to get MAA to play on my Nexus 7?

Eddain
May 6, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

New sound effects are nice. Rather than just a zap, zork or otherwise generic sound, there's actually gunshots and such.

Wish there was an option to lower the volume, MAA is ridiculously loud on my desktop.

Eddain
May 6, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

I wish the next chapter 2 mission was available, I started chapter 2-1 with just about 30 cps, and finished with well over 200. Though I have all the characters needed, it still gave out tons of CPs.

Can Hawkeye get his rapid fire from the stun arrow?

Hawkeye can get Rapid Fire with any attack he does on any opponent that has been hit with Pinpoint. You can do Hawkeye's AOE attack and he can still trigger Rapid Fire (he'll only attack the enemy with Pinpoint, and I don't know how it works if multiple enemies have Pinpoint on them when Hawkeye does his AOE).

Eddain
May 6, 2007
I just want Iceman and I don't want him to be some bullshit PVP lockbox hero.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
Uh, is Cable's Time Shift working on the entire party for anyone else besides me?

Eddain
May 6, 2007
The SpecOp weapons seem strong this time around, but I haven't seen the entire set yet.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
My favorite team for running Thanos is P5 Cyclops and Alt Hawkeye. Cyclops gives Flanked and his phoenix buff lets you ignore defense and autocrit, and Hawkeye gives you 100% accuracy against Thanos and he'll trigger so many debuffs with his Rapid Fire and trick arrow passive.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
Anyone notice Scrappers not gaining their class bonus for attacking Infiltrators?

Eddain
May 6, 2007
My game keeps getting Combat Validation Errors after I complete the first medium battle in the new chapter. Great.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
INF Kurse absolutely fucks up my team. The constant counterattacks and Disoriented status just ruin anything you plan to do.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
I'm currently doing through the missions for the Cube, and I'm on the one where it wants me to beat the Epic Boss Doctor Octopus in Season 2 Mission 4.

The mission info says Red Skull is the epic boss though. Am I supposed to do this one or what?

Eddain
May 6, 2007

Devo posted:

And you'll need Psylocke, Black Knight, and Union Jack for deploys and Spider-Woman for the heroic battle. That heroic can suck if your Spider-Woman is under leveled.

Thanks for the info.

Eddain
May 6, 2007

Grem posted:

Wolverine does very well against INF Kurse.

Not when he gets Disoriented and kills himself.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
I just stack evasion items on my agent with the Cube/Toolkit and Kurse can't even hurt my team anymore.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
Definitely get the cube. All of its abilities are incredibly useful and the passive evasion for your entire team is too good to ever pass up.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
He should just summon Doom Bots as helpers or something.

Eddain
May 6, 2007

Psychlone posted:

Due to the movie poster I saw, it's more than likely going to be Apocalypse.

That would be weird as hell, I was gonna guess Sinister.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
Should've included Ice Gandalf from the X-Men comics.

Eddain
May 6, 2007

JohnnyCanuck posted:

Expired lockbox characters will become gold-only purchases. You heard it here first. Probably 100 gold to get them, if my ex-recta numbers are right.

More likely they'll bring back the character's lockboxes for a week. No way they'd just sell the character outright when they can milk some more lockboxes out of you.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
I love that bug where every ISO gift you collect counts as two (100 ISO a day).

Eddain
May 6, 2007
Got Doom after opening just 110 boxes!

Eddain
May 6, 2007

The Question IRL posted:

No, the problem with the Mr. Fantastic fight is the random element. You see the theory is, you use the Bifucator to turn the Doombot on Doom. Doom will eventually kill the Doombot and you can take out Doom one on one.

The problem is, it's at least 3 or so turns of setup to do this. If you get unlucky and Doom puts three or more stacks of Drained Stats on Reed, then Reed will be too fragile to win. And there's nothing you can do about that.
That being said, any time Weak Point gets put on one of the opponents, use Tumble as it hits for massive damage.

There's simply no way for Reed to handle multiple stacks of Drained Stats. You start dealing less damage to Doom and start taking more damage from him at the same time.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
I really hope the Iceman SpecOp shows up after maintenance.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
Ice ice baby! :woop:

Eddain
May 6, 2007
Uh, can anyone actually do a mission? I keep getting refreshes.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
How did I end up with 742 ISO, after completing Mission 1 and starting the first research???

Eddain
May 6, 2007
Which mission has the most character-specific deploys? It seems like it'd be Mission 1 since the rest were made with random strike teams in mind.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
If they release Morph I could recreate the 90s animated cartoon X-Men team.

Eddain
May 6, 2007

Devo posted:

117k on my first Apocalypse victory. As always Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver is the answer. And obviously kill Beast first because holy poo poo debuffs.

Just did this and got 119k. Rogue almost one-shot Scarlet Witch with Beast's crit proc though. Had to spam that Holographic defense item to keep everyone safe every round.

Eddain
May 6, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

Hybrid has a pre counter that really hits hard. The one I've been doing best with is Blaster; tact Captain Marvel and Scott just destroy it as they get so many hits in.

Yeah Scrapper is pretty ridiculous. He two-shotted my Agent before I even got a turn and wrecked everyone before they could even land a hit with that pre-emptive counter. For previous group bosses they would list a passive stating that particular class's abilities, but for Hybrid it's the same for all versions of him, so you really don't know what you're getting into until he just blows you up outta nowhere.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
Are there any released heroes who specialize in Sonics? I'm not counting the ones with a single Sonic cooldown move like Hulk or Blackbolt.

I don't even recall that many characters in the Marvel universe who use sonics besides the Cassidy family (Banshee/Siryn).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eddain
May 6, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

How can I get 4 dupes when I only have 2 covers so far? God drat this RNG. Can't really complain because I got a ton of lock boxes by destroying bosses giving me 5 per.

You can get as many dupes as you have covers before getting a new one. You're having pretty bad luck, and with no side-questline for boxes this SpecOp is gonna be annoying to get Sandman.

• Locked thread