Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jai Guru Dave
Jan 3, 2008
Nothing's gonna change my world
Here's my Playdom profile. But yeah, because it's not Facebook, you can have a lot of friends you don't ever have to know or care anything about, and who will know or care nothing about you.

I think the Playdom version would be easier for a newcomer. I do Facebook and Playdom, because I'm using the PD version to live my Avengers life without having made the mistakes of my youth. Specifically, re-uniting the Claremont-era X-Men. (Although I'm still trying to collect Defenders, so if Hellcat finally makes it, blame me.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jai Guru Dave
Jan 3, 2008
So, speaking of old school X-Men. I see Angel now has long hair and metal wings. I'm pretty sure I missed something, and given that it's an X-Man, I'm sure it's something really stupid and angsty. I don't want to know at all, do I?

And in my first five PVP battles, I've gotten all my holes stapled closed. People have freaking geared up for those drat things. Or there's a bug in the system that turns Iron Patriot and Ghost Rider into Luke Cage and Aunt May.

Jai Guru Dave
Jan 3, 2008

Eddain posted:

Also he's a literal angel whose blood can heal wounds, except for Nightcrawler because he's a literal devil.
Hm, you'd think Professor X would have noticed that popping up on Cerebro sometime during - wait, how did this shotgun barrel get into my mouth

Jai Guru Dave
Jan 3, 2008

Fred is on posted:

Lose on defense on purpose with a horrible team and no armory bonus whatsoever. You can still try to salvage your rating towards the end of the season if you care that much, and overall it's a lot less work.

Thank you! Someone on the Playdom chat sidebar made fun of me (or someone like me) for starting a defense team with an agent wielding four digital spotters. And I'm like, "Is trying to lose on defense no longer a thing?"

Jai Guru Dave
Jan 3, 2008
Reassure me that buying Spiral to finish the Iceman SpecOps was worth the CP hit, and that I'll be able to farm enough CPs to get (a) Cap's Winter Soldier outfit (b) She-Hulk's new uniform to celebrate her new book (c) Falcon.

Because Iceman's plain outfit looks like he should be on a Popsicle truck, and his Apocalypse outfit looks like Terrance and/or Phillip. drat my need to have every Defender.

Jai Guru Dave
Jan 3, 2008
I really like the forced splitting of teams. It probably sucks hard for those who just started the game, but I like having another layer of strategy, and the excuse to use heroes who had just been sitting around playing Galaga on the helicarrier.

Also, not nearly enough love has been given to the callous murder of Z-grade villains in season 2. I understand why PVP has driven people to distraction...and wow, we're gonna need a shitload of uISO for this SpOps...but it's still a very entertaining game. For the money.

Jai Guru Dave
Jan 3, 2008
Holding my breath for Patsy Walker.

Jai Guru Dave
Jan 3, 2008
Hey, when splitting teams, remember to keep your agent and Doctor Doom together.

I'm an rear end in a top hat.

Jai Guru Dave
Jan 3, 2008
Probably should let my Agent + She-Hulk defensive team get some run-outs before I try PVP. On the bright side, I'm sure there's no poo poo in Ares and Thane, because someone else's Iron Patriot and Satana just beat it out of them.

Jai Guru Dave
Jan 3, 2008
It's little things like "Not you - the other Hank." that keep me playing this game.

Hi Mr. Stark!!!!

....hi, Doreen.

Jai Guru Dave
Jan 3, 2008

I will never see this name without thinking "I hold in my hand the last envelope."

(May the fleas of a thousand camels infest your armpits)

Jai Guru Dave
Jan 3, 2008
There's a reason why in PVP my agent's Wrist Slinger does twenty times the damage that Iron Patriot's 21 Gun Salute does, right? Just checking.

I mean, I realize I'm level 275, the official "Enjoy 300, King Xerxes" level, but I thought I'd ask.

Squirrel Girl to me is...I love playing her, because her moves are funny and clever to look at, and her A-ISOs have made her Death, Shatterer of Worlds. I can see spending gold elsewhere, though. If there's one thing this game has taught me, it's that squirrels are practically made of opinions.

Jai Guru Dave
Jan 3, 2008
It's okay if I - I mean, someone - were to just send Dr. Doom to allies' group bosses to trifurcate the 5%, rather than do the hard work to figure out a team that could possibly be sort of helpful? Asking for a friend. I mean, me. I don't have friends, I have allies. For the moment. gently caress premature mental anguish.

Jai Guru Dave
Jan 3, 2008

twistedmentat posted:

Is there an easier way to do the Hank^2 heroic? Neather does that much damage, and the turn order always puts one of the dinos between the two so its hard to finish them off so there's no summons.
Kill the one between the Hanks, as was said above - that will make turn order more amenable. Beast also has plenty of moves to avoid Mental Anguish that increase damage down the road.

Also, and this is me being an idiot, but this one is a lot easier with up-to-date Iso-8 slots. As opposed to no Iso-8 slots, because after I got the two I almost never used them. Army of Anting them to death almost works all by itself if your Iso matches your current level. Thanks, ants. Thants.

Thanks, Hanks. Thanks.

Jai Guru Dave
Jan 3, 2008
Is tanking in PVP still a thing? I'd hate to harsh someone's day who was expecting my agent's four digital spotters and Luke Cage in the Doctor Doom slot.

Jai Guru Dave
Jan 3, 2008
I made it to level 300. I feel strangely fulfilled.

I know my Magneto-Hercules PVP team isn't going to win me any characters, but it's worth it to see Rescue clocked right the gently caress out of the sky. I still hate her.

Jai Guru Dave fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Dec 9, 2014

Jai Guru Dave
Jan 3, 2008

twistedmentat posted:

I hate fighting Skaald but with Herc its a lot easier.
Ask me how much I love Gift of Battle as a quick action.

Jai Guru Dave
Jan 3, 2008

twistedmentat posted:

The 9 Realms know of the legend of the Undefeated Squirrel girl, so I doubt it.

Man, this Daily is thought, so many scrappers.
Future Foundation Invisible Woman with the debuff E-ISO; Phoenix Force Emma; and Wasp with her E-ISO. Eventually their poisoned heads will explode while they helplessly bounce off the force fields.

By the way, don't you hate assholes who have all these "helpful" suggestions that include alts and E-ISOs that would take weeks to gather if you don't have them already?

Jai Guru Dave
Jan 3, 2008

Kali11324 posted:

I am surprised I'm not seeing Hybrid in PvP. They have a ton of ISOs and every class available for him. I am still leveling up mine he looks like he would be really good for PvP.
Took him along for a few rounds in the Red In The Ledger tour to level him up - he's around 8 or 9. Often he'd be the last one standing on a pile of dead bodies, with his health full. So, um, yeah, I plan to take a long look at him once I get him to 12 or so.

Jai Guru Dave
Jan 3, 2008

Luckyellow posted:

I've forgotten how incredible the three warriors are together.
"Hey, brother, remember how me and a couple of random elves schooled the poo poo out of you, Sif, and that blonde who carries all the dead bodies? That was glorious, was it not?"

- Loki in my game for the next thousand years, I assume

Jai Guru Dave
Jan 3, 2008

slut chan posted:

I'm nowhere near having Magik proper, so having to bust rear end to have the luxury to be able to purchase an alternate costume for a character I can't afford yet is hard to get excited for.
Based on my experience with Season 2 Chapter 1, if you complete the mission, the alt costume will hang in your closet for use until you do get the character. (I thought I'd save 15 CP by sneaking in Iron Fist, but no dice.) So I'd keep doing the dailies, even if you and Illyana aren't into each other right now.

Of course, if you start from zero now, you probably won't make it. I'm always glad to have super-helpful advice for you all.

Jai Guru Dave
Jan 3, 2008

Halloween Jack posted:

And Patsy Walker.
Literally don't care if Patsy ends up being the worst character in the game. I want my Hellcat.

quote:

Come on next spec ops being aginst the tracksuit mafia with Kate as a reward character.
And yet another Hawkeye costume, bro.

Jai Guru Dave
Jan 3, 2008

Codependent Poster posted:

Can you use Iron Fist? He trivializes her.
Not today, we can't. Tech only. Karima is my only scrapper that fits into this category, so I'm just using her and Tony on her in early rounds and making sure she and Corvus aren't in the three-bird.

On the bright side, we can use our Agent.

Jai Guru Dave
Jan 3, 2008
Do they have a new artist doing the characters? The splash screens have looked different for a while, but Karolina looks different from a bunch of the others. Along those lines - the Runaways were after my time. Was their book any good?

Sue's E-ISO turned the Savage Land from a slaughterhouse to a pleasant stroll in the park.

Hey, you know who makes short work of X-Ray? Captain Rogers. Hey, you know who isn't so hot against X-Ray? Iron Patriot.

Jai Guru Dave
Jan 3, 2008
Apocalypse Iceman knows where MODOK can put that self-repair

Jai Guru Dave
Jan 3, 2008
The agent is an egghead.

I feel like if this were true, it would not have taken me four fights to discover this.

Jai Guru Dave
Jan 3, 2008
Huh, turns out there's a difference between "Buy" and "X". At least all those burnt command points are keeping me warm this winter.

Yours,
A proud owner of a brand new 2015 Scrapper Nightcrawler

(Don't cry for me, he's my favorite character anyway)

(Not in the GAME, I mean, I'm not insane - but at least it wasn't Infiltrator Mr. Fantastic)

Jai Guru Dave
Jan 3, 2008

Eddain posted:

Isn't that kinda like what his Future Foundation costume does?
Ben is actually pretty good in the boiler suit, I think.

Kal-L posted:

So I've been trying to beat the F4 vs U-foes epic. Not grinding it, mind you, but just trying to complete it. I've must've had to do it close to 30 times, re-iso Invisible Woman, get Torch's alternate outfit...

And I finally managed to beat it. And lo and behold, the roulette gives me IW's e-iso! :dance:

Maybe I should buy a lottery ticket.
Shield-breakers abound in the PVP world, alas, but you have just turned one of the worst characters into one of the best for nearly any other situation. Godspeed.

Dharma Foundation Sue, Ben and Johnny tend to massacre, although a tad slowly, most any threat you will come across. I laugh at Daily Missions for Spider-Friends now. Laugh, I tell you.

Jai Guru Dave
Jan 3, 2008
This just in - the National Weather Service has cancelled its "Woohoo! It's raining Rune Metal! I'll have the new set in NO TIME!" warning for the lower Midwest. Please resume your normal grinding.

Jai Guru Dave
Jan 3, 2008
Any interest/insight in the weapons set? It's the only thing I'm finding difficult to obtain (well, having long ago written off competitiveness in PVP), and I want to know whether it's worth the sweat and tears of this incredibly difficult game - oh, thanks for all the Amora lockboxes, by the way.

Oh - if you murder your own group boss, other people still get to fight him, no? You just have to resist collecting your own lockboxes until your next boss is ready to spawn. Or am I deluded?

Jai Guru Dave
Jan 3, 2008
I think I like last year's uniform gift better. I think I'll be going back to that. I like having a free stamina boost every couple of rounds. And the E-ISO generalist that takes away a debuff kinda covers what's good about the trench, no?

....yeah, why would Enchantress be a magic-user. Average Joe if there ever was one

Jai Guru Dave
Jan 3, 2008
I'm just grooving that I finally got a full set of something. I'm not worried about whether it's really a better option than the Vigilante Toolkit I used to swear by but I can't afford to level up at 45 gold per unit or whatever. I just wish the Nimble allegedly granted by the Staff was for reals, because it seems to be false advertising.

Jai Guru Dave
Jan 3, 2008

The Question IRL posted:

I had trouble with the Vision fight until I found this trick to doing it.
I'm probably adding or missing a step, but I did basically the same thing, after some serious trial and error. Tee. Dee. Us. Looking forward to recruiting Bishop, so I can put up with that poo poo in mission one.

I love the idea of heroic battles, and I guess they can puzzle us, too, if they like. But this is like that Doctor Voodoo heroic battle ordeal - no drat fun.

Jai Guru Dave
Jan 3, 2008
Calling back Obnoxio, and Coulson reminding Tony that the Circle of 8 already got him, is why I love this game. Genuinely interested to see where they take the alternate continuity they're building. Especially re Civil War, when...well, you're a SHIELD agent and you run a network of superheroes. Lot of ways that can go. So even if the gameplay is always just Power Creep, at least the story should be fun.

Jai Guru Dave
Jan 3, 2008

One Tall Fellow posted:

I thought things were going to be different this season. I've been holding steady in gold for a while now, never dropping below 20%, and I thought I might actually be able to stay in gold for the first time since the first season of PVP. Cue my first five battles of the day coming against people with 8-10K more health than me utterly destroying my teams and dropping me over 140 points. Now I'm pretty far down in silver and unlikely to be able to crawl out of the hole before the season ends.

gently caress PVP forever.
Sorry if this is patronizing, but have you been equipping the latest gear that you tend to get after five wins? Or, have you equipped those Magik lockets and Rogue gloves from the daily missions? That added thousands to my hit points, and is probably enough to keep me in gold this time around.

Jai Guru Dave
Jan 3, 2008
I...can't get past the idea of paying gold to complete a flight mission.

Jai Guru Dave
Jan 3, 2008
Mission 1 worked for me. Iron Man deploy, one easy battle, collect your USB (hopefully), abort, and repeat.

Jai Guru Dave
Jan 3, 2008

slut chan posted:

Don't have them yet.

Bringing along spider-man (or someone else who can webbed) makes him hit like a much smaller truck. But that's like a handicap in its own right.

Although I noticed something weird on Electro, the third application of web made him lose a turn even though he's relentless. Still investigating.
Probably "Bring Beta Ray Bill!" is going to be similarly unhelpful advice. I wouldn't know who else to turn to, though. Hulkbuster Iron Man? gently caress that diving bell-wearing Adam Ant wannabe, anyway.

Jai Guru Dave
Jan 3, 2008

twistedmentat posted:

If you don't have it buy Hercs one that makes Rush of Battle a quick action.
Gifted Augmented, and oh my, yes, you do want this.

That said - I got it in a drop doing 2-1-5 a lot (or was it the daily battle?), so it's out there to be picked up. And even with this, Herc gets blasted by Karn. And I haven't tried Herc in PVP seriously enough to make a judgment. But wow, is life easier with this one than without it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jai Guru Dave
Jan 3, 2008
Yeah, nothing like actually playing a character to cool the ardor of spending gold or farming CP.

• Locked thread