Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide
PvP up, lockboxes replaced with something even worse!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

Also he became the new Apocalypse, then got stabbed with a Life Seed and reincarnated as an amnesiac with metal wings, literal angel powers, flowing gold locks and an energy sword.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

The base number of battles required have been shortened, too - you only need 50 to be in the running for Angel.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

Deploys, man, deploys. I have pretty much never used Wonder Man in a single battle and he's already level 5.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

gently caress it, should I get Cyclop's Blaster outfit or stick to Tactician? Tactician feels like the smarter choice, but I just have so many tacticians...

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I did say Tactician was the smarter option! Went with it.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

Well, I just got a random new set of tasks to unlock some new gadget thingy. They do seem to be rolling out the Season 2 updates bit by bit.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

They were really easy tasks, though, so it's understandable.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

Oh hey, looks like they updated Black Suit Spider-man with web exploitation. Unless he already had that.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

Well, it took most of my gold stockpile, but I finally unlocked the Juggernaut. Let's hope they never put lockbox heroes in PvP again. Probably gonna buy Shatterstar next, for the next Spec-Ops.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I use Tigra and Nightcrawler for Bruiser Blackheart. Not necessarily the best team, but whatever.

Basically, whatever class Blackheart is, I know that if bring the counter-class to that, he summons the counter-class to that, so I bring the counter-class to that. Mindgames.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

Havok just got messed with. He now randomly takes an extra turn after an ally attack and his first attack now removes shields and buffs, but his third attack now exhausts him and his second attack doesn't corner anymore (it has paragon exploiter now) and also stuns him.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

You know, I only found that out when I looked at the wiki.

This is because I already own Ghost Rider :smug:

Also apparently they're going to put Havok on sale soon which explains the sudden adjustments.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

Haha, I managed to recruit Satana before Daimon. Now I'm going to have to fight Mephisto with a forced low-level character.

Eh, I can just get her a quick level and she'll be fine.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

Hmm. I already have Shatterstar for the next Spec-ops, so now I'm wondering whether to get Gambit or Cable first in preparation for Season 2. They're the only ones I know will be required that I don't have yet.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

The producer's notes just released the Iron Fist changes. Gotta say, they look pretty sweet.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

poo poo, everything I'm seeing about Elektra is saying she'll be a PvP-based lockbox hero. That won't be fun.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

Sefer posted:

Where are you seeing stuff on this? Is it from someone pulling code, something from Playdom, or just people speculating?

All the SDCC announcement summaries put Elektra next to the next PvP instead of the next Spec-Ops. I tried to find something more substantial (like a recording of the panel) but couldn't.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I need Incursion help: Rescue, Tac P5 Phoenix, and Blaster Agent with Warbringer and Coulson's.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

Managed it, P5 Inf Emma & P5 Tac Phoenix clinched it with their psychic attacks.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

Oh hey, cool thing: you don't need to do Heroic Battles to unlock Epic Bosses. I'd assume the same for Incursions, but I haven't tested.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

And so, as we come to a close, let us remember that Bruiser Blackheart was a bitch to fight right up until the end.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

Well, got the Iron Fist costume, used the other spoils to get Red Hulk, gonna aim for Quicksilver next - seeing as Scarlet Witch is the next Premium unlocker he'll probably be needed for mastery - then hopefully take a stab at the rest of the premium mission guys before the next major release.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

FYI this includes Agent loadout.

E: ALSO Bishop and Elektra are up on the Team page. Bishop's a Bruiser, Elektra's an Infiltrator (who causes Internal Bleeding with every attack)

E2: Also Angel's for sale, complete with costume.

Jeabus Mahogany fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Aug 15, 2013

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I hate hate hate that the maximum amount of lockboxes you can get for winning PvP is 5 a day, there's literally no incentive to do any more than that.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I somehow managed to fight someone that was using Mr. Fantastic and She-Hulk.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I don't use Havok because Rescue shuts him down completely. He does far less damage when he can't crit.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

Syrinxx posted:

What, what? He's like the anti-Rescue. His Q removes buffs and kills bubbles, his E shuts down nearly everything she does, and he can also instagib her without any hassle with his W if you have turn order or simply run a bologna scroll.

Okay fine I used him intelligently and him and Cyclops managed to take down Rescue and Omega Sentinel, happy now?

I still think he's bad for Defense, though. I'm currently trying out a Rescue + Wonder Man team, both to infuriate the player and use Rescue's shields/heals to buff Wonder Man's Hollywood Hammer.

Man, there needs to be a recommendation list somewhere of Good for Offense/Good for Defense/Neat Team Synergy.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I wonder if this is sponsored, and if so, by who? Nutella?

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

Violent Kitten posted:

I've heard characters from events are available for a limited time after an event and I'm sort of lucky with the daily spins.

Technically true, but a)when they show up is up to the whims of Playdom (Valkyrie, for example, has been completely skipped over in favour of a Ghost Rider/Havok twofer, and Emma Frost has been up twice), b)they are very expensive (200 CP), c) "Limited Time" is roughly "three days".

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

Halloween Jack posted:

Holy loving poo poo; Thanos' minions are named Crow Knife On A Stick, Almost Midnight, Really Really Big Person, Black Short Guy, and Black Mouth. And to think, I was going to read Infinity.

Infinity's really good, though.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

gently caress

gently caress gently caress gently caress

Angel eludes me once again...

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

Liar Lyre posted:

What's wrong with Wasp? I only play iOS, so I have no idea what half the cast is like.

It's just I'd been saving for Angel and been interrupted twice now, nothing to do with her. Also stings that the only heroes I don't have yet are those two, Captain America, and Daredevil.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

Check your emails - they gave out 440 ISO in apologies for bugs or something.

Also, any advice for Infiltrator Thanos? I'm struggling to figure out a way past his intimidation.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

Grem posted:

Union Jack in the first slot, Brown suite wolverine in the bottom, agent in the middle. Union Jack's move that puts agile on everyone overwrites the intimidation and puts flanked on Thanos. Wolverine will eventually be able to use his attack that exploits bleed for huge damage. Honestly I found Infiltrator Thanos to be the easiest. Remember, the order of attacks always goes Top, Bottom, Middle, Thanos.

I'd actually been using those two anyway, but I didn't know you could overwrite Intimidation with a buff. I'll try switching the order around and going with that, thanks.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

commish posted:

You can know the exact lineup of your opponent. How can you not win unless your bonuses are vastly lower?

Are you confusing PvP with Incursions? Because PvP isn't Incursions.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

commish posted:

In order to win 3 pvp fights currently, you have to do practice matches. You can do a practice match against the same person/time 30 times in a row if you want. Just pick a team that counters their team.

Is there a way to do practice matches other than "click Practice and select from 5 randomly chosen opponents"? Because if not, then no you can't. If there is, please tell me! I could really do with it.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I get it randomized after every fight. One of us is bugged.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

Hey, so I know, if you 3-bird Proxima in Mission 1, does she do anything to Green Goblin and Abomination like she does the AIM guys?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

The epic boss drop does look pretty neat, I just got it and equipped it. It's nice that it's not part of the Set so I feel I can equip it with anything - Like, say, the Signpost, which might help alleviate the downside. It should be good though, considering its aim is to be a party-wide Mystical Munition.

• Locked thread