Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nrr
Jan 2, 2007

Chilichimp posted:

Thank god, someone took that set-up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Chilichimp posted:

Thank god, someone took that set-up.

:hfive:

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

sweet thursday posted:

I'm a robot built by Hernandez and sent back from the year 2055. My job is to infiltrate the jury pool and get Aaron acquitted. When I asked him why he wouldn't rather stop the crime in the first place he said "'Blanks' gotta know how to act right"

This is a reference to Last Boy Scout right?

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
I dunno does the Last Boy Scout have time traveling cyborgs

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

I dunno does the Last Boy Scout have time traveling cyborgs

No, but it does have a guy fall into helicopter blades, and another guy who pulls out a gun on the football field during a game and shoots people (I believe he does shoot enough defenders to score a touchdown). It's pretty great.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

prefect posted:

No, but it does have a guy fall into helicopter blades, and another guy who pulls out a gun on the football field during a game and shoots people (I believe he does shoot enough defenders to score a touchdown). It's pretty great.

And the actor that plays the shooter is Billy Blanks.

TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax
Can't Tae Bo your way out of gambling debts.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
looking over the masses of evidence in both cases I can't decide which one was funnier, Aaron Hernandez's or Ross Ulbricht's. Ross did literally keep a diary of his crimes which is insane but Aaron was running drive-bys in rental cars and returning them with shell casings. it's a tough call

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

indigi posted:

looking over the masses of evidence in both cases I can't decide which one was funnier, Aaron Hernandez's or Ross Ulbricht's. Ross did literally keep a diary of his crimes which is insane but Aaron was running drive-bys in rental cars and returning them with shell casings. it's a tough call

Ross Ulbricht does have the added bonus of having one of his top investigators also be arrested for stealing money from him

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
aaron hernandez gave us the blunt roller defense tho

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Ross Ulbricht does have the added bonus of having one of his top investigators also be arrested for stealing money from him

A top investigator named "CARL MARK FORCE, THE FOURTH"

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Also the letter of clemency he sent the judge literally said he didn't think what he did was wrong and the one his mom sent was like "he's a good white boy and not a thug, you can't put him in jail with those animals"

did Hernandez or his family have anything like that? I can't recall

e: also it was two of the top investigators. The one just rolled yesterday or today, Bridges pled guilty and they rescheduled CMFIV's to push it back

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I think it was Wired that had a really interesting piece about Force because it was mostly written before Force was exposed and is mostly laudatory towards him and there is just a brief appendum at the end saying "oh poo poo"

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Cole posted:

aaron hernandez gave us the blunt roller defense tho

blunt roller is now a protected class

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I'm still somewhat shocked there was a man named Odin Lloyd walking around this earth.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed

TNG posted:

Can't Tae Bo your way out of gambling debts.

Ain't life a bitch

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

prefect posted:

I always thought that was a pretty weird solution to like owing people money or whatever. That play is coming back, man. Shooting people is AT LEAST 15 yards.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Stefan Prodan posted:

I always thought that was a pretty weird solution to like owing people money or whatever. That play is coming back, man. Shooting people is AT LEAST 15 yards.

loving lol

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I've always been puzzled why there were so many cops with shotguns just hanging out at the game.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Sash! posted:

I've always been puzzled why there were so many cops with shotguns just hanging out at the game.

LA in the early 90's was a rough time if you were near black people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

indigi posted:

Also the letter of clemency he sent the judge literally said he didn't think what he did was wrong and the one his mom sent was like "he's a good white boy and not a thug, you can't put him in jail with those animals"

did Hernandez or his family have anything like that? I can't recall

e: also it was two of the top investigators. The one just rolled yesterday or today, Bridges pled guilty and they rescheduled CMFIV's to push it back

The best part was the judge's response to all his letters in sentencing. She chewed his rear end for showing no remorse or contrition and said that all of his excuses were insane and only available to the privileged.

• Locked thread