Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

The Casualty posted:

Leo is Bill Belichick

Chichevache posted:

If you're not casting Keanu Reeves as Bill B. then I don't know what the gently caress.

Seems fitting.

"A bullet... just like the one they found in Odin Loyd's head an hour ago. Why does he place them there, Coach?"

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 15:23 on May 22, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

wtftastic posted:

Why does he still have a drawing of Florence on his wall? Shouldn't it be some sort of a x's and o's drawing of a play or formation?

Touche. I'm still pretty proud of that poo poo, though. I'll work on getting a play-drawing up there next.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Sash! posted:

I can't even fathom the processes in one's brain that goes "I'm furious at this dick for spilling a drink on me" to "time to kill a few people."

I'm sure it isn't a process at all, it's just raw animal reaction blended with Kentucky bourbon.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Chichevache posted:

The only drug that really stays in your bloodstream for an extended period is weed, pretty much everything else gets pissed out pretty quick. One more reason drug testing in the regular world is so dumb.

I am not a doctor and am probably not 100% right.

Gotta keep weed illegal to prop up the drug-testing industry.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Dexo posted:

^^^^^

Cutler has just been playing it off as being aloof and uncaring. He just literally can't see or hear other people.

PCP is probably in and out of the system pretty quickly, Weed is like the only drug that lasts months in your system.

I hope Matt Ryan also blows off Mike Tice in that glorious fashion.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Regnevelc posted:

My buddy once accidentally stepped on someone's shoe in the bar and the guy threatened him with a fight. We all laughed at the clown.

People are dumb.

Given my recent acquisition of knowledge regarding minor personal slights in the bar/night club scene, it sounds like you guys are lucky to be alive.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 15:57 on May 30, 2014

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Sash! posted:

But that's not even dance. That's...standing.

That's what it might look like, but the dance is happening in his head between baseball, cold showers, and family portraits.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

New Division posted:

This why you gotta go with strangulation or suffocation. Less issues with blood getting all over the place. Hernandez got burned by relying too much on natural murdering talent and never bothered to hit the books and study his craft.

I'm still waiting for the investigators to find the mountain of dead bodies he threw into the Boston Harbor.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
If the Boston Police ever got around to looking in that harbor... man... they would have to reopen all the cases.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Chichevache posted:

Probably some FAA violations for the attack helicopter too. And the pants are tied up because he can't have a belt in jail.

gently caress you, Chiche, that's an ED-209 shark.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Is it still too much to hope for that this somehow finds its way back to Tebow?

Tim Tebow; kingpin, murder for hire business.

Known associates:
Aaron Hernandez; gangland assassin.
The Pouncy Brothers; probably just a couple of douche-bags.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Probably Magic posted:

Hey! Half of Kansas doesn't blow!

...okay, 1/8th of Kansas doesn't blow...

...1/16th...

...KC and Lawrence are okay.

I thought KC was in Missouri, or is there a suburb of the city that's actually -in- Kansas?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
edit: I wish I could get some Texas BBQ without being in Texas.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Jun 27, 2014

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Alouicious posted:

it's a trick question anyway because the answer is Portugal

US BBQ owns, though.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Kirios posted:

Texas may have some mediocre cities in it (none of them are laughably bad....not even Dallas), but come on, our food puts every single one of your states to complete and utter shame. You wish your state could even be in the same radar as our Mexican and BBQ food (We're world class in this department.). Hell, even our Chinese is outstanding.

Now snake a bite off that beef rib before the sauce congeals.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Volkerball posted:

Your house can be raided because someone arrested with a 10 dollar bag of weed said they got it from you. Yeah, if you're arrested in connection with a murder, your poo poo is fair game. But they already went through his house, and confiscated all his security footage and whatnot, so there probably wasn't anything that would've hung up getting a warrant for any of his other properties. Just some dumbshit cops loving up the process and now anything they found there doesn't count.

Check it out, though... they need a warrant to arrest you and search your house, and they stipulate on the warrant that they're looking for drugs or drug paraphernalia.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Dexter Morgan is the Judge.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
nm, I'm a tarded.

Tiquan Underwood and Mark Harrison? That was pretty loving obscure.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Oct 5, 2014

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Kilonum posted:

Not a lawyer but if I read the pertininent sections of the MGL correctly (I linked them earlier in the thread but I'm phoneposting right now) he's looking at up to 75 years on the gun charges alone.

How in the name of God can someone get 75 years for having guns? Anders Breivik got 21 years for killing 77 people.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

Breivik will be in prison until he dies, the 21-year thing is a formality followed up by indefinite incarceration based on authorities deeming him a continuing danger. In other words, four paragraphs into the guy's Wikipedia article. Then there is the issue of systemic failures in the American justice system that is being sidestepped here.

Nope. They can keep that up for 5 years. The maximum sentence is 26 years, if I read the article I linked correctly.

Seriously, though... GUN CHARGES = 75 years?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Cole posted:

Do you guys have any idea how sentencing works?

Let's say three gun charges carry 20 years. That's 60 years. It doesn't mean he will do 60, it just means he is facing up to 60. They can run concurrent and he could do 20. They could run concurrent and he gets out early in 15.

How do you think they are able to give three life sentences to someone with only one life?

I also watch a lot of movies and TV about crime and understand what concurrent and consecutive sentencing means. But, I was replying to this:

Kilonum posted:

Not a lawyer but if I read the pertininent sections of the MGL correctly (I linked them earlier in the thread but I'm phoneposting right now) he's looking at up to 75 years on the gun charges alone.

Basically saying, that getting 75 years on gun charges is ridiculous.

But uh, yeah, "gun charges" meaning what? Having guns? Why would that even be worth 20 loving years?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

NC-17 posted:

Hernandez's defense might involve blaming PCP use. :goshawk:

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2...dFzN/story.html

Commission of a felony while on drugs. Great defense, jack-rear end...

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Kilonum posted:

I was on a jury a year ago, 7 person jury (Massachusetts misdemeanor trials only require 6 jurors + an alternate) for a hit and run case. We ended up acquitting the guy because not even the one eyewitness could actually put him behind the wheel when he had a shaky but plausible alibi.

A felony case in Massachusetts (like this one) will be held with 15 jurors (12 + 3 alternates)

Fun fact about Massachusetts juries: alternates are picked by random lot after the closing arguments.

That... is some bullshit right there.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Kilonum posted:

Which part?

What part wasn't bullshit?

I was referring to the verdict, though. What was he alledging, someone else was driving his car?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Kilonum posted:

Yeah, his stepson, who thanks to being in the army and out of country was unable to testify. But hey, reasonable doubt and all that.

So his stepson gets brought up on charges when he returns from Afghanistan? Nice... what a poop-loaf.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
That ain't good poo poo, you must acquit!

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Chichevache posted:

I mean yeah, it is one blurry still image, but that doesn't look like an ipad...

Yeah, but I mean, that looks like the loving hunchback of Notre Dame, so... really who's to say loving anything about this photo?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

NC-17 posted:

That gun shaped object could be anything!

It's also a curved-dildo shaped object.

Some of those swirlies on the carpet are gun-shaped.

He clearly murdered multiple people and I'm afraid the prosecution is going to gently caress it up by presenting blurry still images of something that might be a loving can opener for all we know...

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Aye Doc posted:

they could come up with a really cohesive defense if they just introduced this as evidence:

Aaron Hernandez didn't have a gun with which to kill Mr. Lloyd, not at all. You see, jurors, it was a gun-shaped water pipe and they were going to pack a fat rear end bowl and get rip-poo poo and watch Cosmos together.

I can prove I didn't kill Odin Lloyd, because I can take you back to the moment of his death... In our spaceship of the imagination!

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Jan 30, 2015

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Darth123123 posted:

Is he holding it by the barrel? Why

Because it's a loving remote for his DISH box and the only guns in his house are nestled safely beneath that white hoodie he's got on.

I rest my case!

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

nrr posted:

hernandez gonna get life cos he didn't hire Touchdown Tom as his attorney

The only man who should be able to get away with a deflated balls joke.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

evilweasel posted:

Nah, you want to see one of those go read about the silk road trial where the defendant kept a diary of every crime he committed.

The wet bandits.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

mdemone posted:

They can't arrest a man and his attorney for the same crime.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Is the defense calling witnesses out of order again?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Chichevache posted:

Other spot implies a location though, so was he saving evidence like a dummy? It's possible that is his code word for murdering people, but I'd be a bit surprised if he used a code. He hasn't been that smart about anything else.

Or it's slang for "a prior tight spot" like

The Whiz Kid posted:

"that time I shot and killed two dudes in a car a year ago"

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Declan MacManus posted:

mods, i need a fresh start

Woke up Begin

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Arctic Baldwin posted:

Gregor Samsa woke up buggin

Had to google it and :lol:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Chichevache posted:

I'm pretty sure I first heard about it in an episode of Hey Arnold or something. Kafka is friggin' everywhere.

Edit

Vvvv
I don't recall exactly which Saturday morning cartoon it was, but I know I have heard "Kafkaesque" on a few of them. I'll have to keep my eyes out next time I'm watching Doc McStuffins. That little consequentialist bitch is always name dropping.

My daughter watches Clifford, Daniel Tiger, and Angelia Ballerina on Netflix right now; and there's certainly no people turning into loving bugs on those shows.

swickles posted:

Its a pretty popular book for high school reading, its even referenced a ton in pop culture.

Holy loving poo poo, is that what that Venture Bro's episode was based on?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

swickles posted:

Mission Hill made the Kafkaesque joke where the joke was no one knew what it actually meant.

:lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Chichevache posted:

I want to go on Chillichimp's great big literature adventure. :3: It could make a really fun offseason thread. (I'm not trying to be condescending. I feel genuine pleasure when other people discover fun new poo poo like this.)

:lol: I have never heard of that show, but that owns and now I'm going to check it out. Thanks.

This is all pretty shocking to me, I'm generally good at spotting literary references like these, I'd just never read this book about Samsa or bothered to use or learn the meaning of Kafkaesque.

• Locked thread