Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Kalli posted:

But there should be so many national beat writers in town covering the Teebster.

Coincidentally, a white bronco.

:drat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

davecrazy posted:

Pats have less faith in Aaron then the Ravens had in Ray.

Hernandez hosed up by not winning the Superbowl beforehand.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

three posted:

Props to Pats for releasing him. Higher character than Ravens or 49ers.

Yes. Because this was totally for character concerns and not cap relief.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Jesus gently caress.

I just caught up with this.

Are we sure he wasn't set-up?

That poo poo just seems too open and shut. Wouldn't he have been arrested sooner if it's this obvious.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A Pale Horse posted:

lol at the kid making fish faces behind the DA

Can I get a link to the stream.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Parmesan Basil posted:

If there are any WEED ADDICTS out there right now I just want you to know that there is a way out of this life you lead. You don't have to be like Aaron "Weed-smoker" Hernandez and kill a guy while high on WEED.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

CubanMissile posted:

I wanna be famous for like five minutes just so I can see first hand what's so goddamn hard about staying away from clubs, not doing drugs, not performing acts of violence, and just collecting crazy sums of money. Then again my peer group always cared way more about being successful than the laughable concept of street cred.

Going to clubs is pretty fun dude. Especially if you have large sums of money.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Mister Fister posted:

I don't see how this could be a law and order episode when the episode would be like 5 minutes long.

There was like 2-3 weeks of them asking questions and researching the situation. Plus they could do more with the friends angle.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Twat McTwatterson posted:

I wouldn't call this funny.

I can't do anything about the people who died. It sucks for the family and friends of those killed.

The details of the case are in-fact funny though.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

JetsGuy posted:

So I gotta share with the immense cynism of others and say he's going to (largely) get away with it. He'll cut an awesome plea deal and end up spending like a year in jail tops.

American_Justice_System.txt

Haha No way. He's a minority. He's getting hit with everything to set an example.

Also He's allegedly killed 3 people. He's not getting out of a life sentence unless some crazy poo poo happens.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Apparently nobody read the second sentence. I guess I should have put "But seriously,"

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

JetsGuy posted:

I completely understand the response I just got, but let's not forget OJ literally cut his wife's head off, killed Goldman, and oh yeah the inside of the Bronco looked like someone put a stick of dynamite into a tomato. But because $$$$$$$$$ he got off.

I literally have no faith in the justice system when it comes to rich people, especially entertainers/athletes. They are better than us, after all.

Ahem, "Allegedly".

It's the prosecutions job to build a case. Don't blame the system because they were incompetent. It's not like he paid off a judge or killed off a jury. The prosecution just shot itself in the foot head. And since there was reasonable doubt he walked.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Kilonum posted:

Article on CBS says BO turned himself in, so my money is on him ratting out the other two.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/06/28/car-found-in-search-for-man-linked-to-north-attleboro-murder/

Goddamn Hernandez is hosed.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Conquistador posted:

I don't think killing dogs is cool, but trolling people sure is

Dance Puppets Dance

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Deion Branch came out and said that Aaron Hernandez is a "great guy" and hopes he's innocent.

In related news Deion Branch is retarded.

If I knew the guy and when I was with him he was fun, nice, and not killing me. If asked about him in terms of my relationship with him I would say probably the same thing. And If I were friends/casual acquaintances with him I would hope he would be innocent too.

What rear end in a top hat wishes guilt upon someone?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

ragle posted:

You would also assume a person believes someone guilty of murder should go to prison and that context doesn't change anything, right?

A very strong case has been presented for Hernandez orchestrating a murder and Branch said "Aaron is a great guy and a great friend of mine and a great teammate"

It's very possible that Deion Branch has other poo poo to worry about than watching an online stream of a criminal case so he can get the exact details.

It's also possible to have a person who has been a great friend(and teammate) to you personally be an rear end in a top hat(Or Murderer).

He was asked about and speaking from his experience with Hernandez.

He clearly should consult a lawyer before answering questions from here on out.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Sweeney Tom posted:

A few updates on the Hernandez story:
NESN reports Tebow tried to help Aaron stay out of trouble in their Gators years, but lost influence quick.

Goddamn I love the NFL.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2013/07/02/aaron-hernandez-tim-tebow-barfight/2483559/

quote:

Curiously, police said Taphorn was adamant about pressing charges when he first spoke to officers, but when police followed up with Taphorn, he told them "that he may request the charges be dropped," an investigator wrote in the supplemental report. He added: "Taphorn did state that he had been contacted by legal staff and coaches with UF and that they may be working on an agreement. However, nothing is finalized."

"I advised him that if this was his final decision that he would have to contact the State Attorney's office," the investigator wrote.

Athough police recommended a felony assault charge against Hernandez, a juvenile at the time, no charge was lodged.

Goddamn I love college sports.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Rap posted:

I love you Ehud.

Let's get some news up in here

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...-lloyd/2480707/
Gotta catch 'em all!!

Man that deal they are getting to rat out Hernandez has to be amazing.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Charlz Guybon posted:

Now lets not forget how attractive the man is before we all rush to judgement!

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2013/07/01/baffoe-lets-mock-people-attracted-to-aaron-hernandez/

Most of Baffoe's articles are pro-clicks.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

vyst posted:

How do you connect Urban Meyer being a piece of poo poo to Aaron Hernandez murdering people?

When you and your organization or college team continually enable someone to be an rear end in a top hat by covering up for them you are not allowing them to learn anything. You make them feel invincible because they are good at football.

The Blame is soley on Hernandez of course but Urban Meyer and UF didn't do him any favors

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Crazy Ted posted:

I dare you to post this in GBS.

Also, if you volunteer talk to cops and then all of a sudden in the middle of it go WHOA WHOA WHOA THE gently caress IS GOIN ON HERE IM GETTIN A LAWYER, then any investigator with a functioning brain will probably move you up the suspect list and want to look at you closer.

I'm pretty sure the moment you tell the cops you don't want to speak with them without a lawyer present they move you up the suspect list. Whether you were speaking to them previously or they just show up at your house.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Goons about to lose their poo poo.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

haljordan posted:

I'm wondering if Belichick told him something simple like "It might be a good idea to just not be around these people for awhile" and that got warped into Belichick being Ron Burgundy and Hernandez being Brick Tamland.

Yes. But where is the fun in thinking rationally.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

^^^^^

Cutler has just been playing it off as being aloof and uncaring. He just literally can't see or hear other people.

wtftastic posted:

Why the gently caress would a NFL player use PCP and how the hell did he never get caught during drug screenings? All I can think of with PCP is a naked man, covered in blood, screaming at people.

PCP is probably in and out of the system pretty quickly, Weed is like the only drug that lasts months in your system.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Didn't he literally say that he would have never killed Odin because he rolled hella good blunts.

This actually helps his case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Lets go to Ray Lewis.

https://vine.co/v/O7mXgmbAYt9

• Locked thread